Banksy in Gaza 2015

General art-related discussion.
zefarrett
Art Freak

Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:59 pm

Meh, just slightly one sided.

Ps- who wants to break in to steal one to sell?
me owwww
Instagram: zefarrett
Untappd: zefarrett (just pm me who you are)
ottomatik71
Art Expert

Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:08 am

Wow. Just wow.
Forget what his prints are worth.
Forget about the money you will make when you sell his print/prints that you own.

He is truly a great man.

Awareness!

Bring it, Banksy, bring it!
skis007
Art Expert

Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:16 am

ErocAfellar wrote:
skis007 wrote:Anybody know the music track playing the in video?

Phat jam.
Shazam!
Alex Cranky
foolish flock (explicit)

Nope.
MaxCollinsII
Art Connoisseur

Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:27 am

ErocAfellar wrote:
skis007 wrote:Anybody know the music track playing the in video?

Phat jam.
Shazam!
Alex Cranky
foolish flock (explicit)
I feel like that beat was sampled on an older DJ Shadow album. (EDIT) It was an older HErbaliser album I used to bang all the time. Man that drove me crazy trying to remember where I knew it from.
Last edited by MaxCollinsII on Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Original Pure Hemp Rolling Papers NOT Made In CHINA Unlike A Lot Of Our Competitors

PartPat: "All of Eb is one big mondo joke really."
Naveau
Art Enthusiast

Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:28 am

maddog76 wrote:
bert wrote:Apologies in advance for the hyperbole, but I feel like he's the most relevant and important political artist of this generation.
I think everyone would agree with you.
Couldn't agree more.
35mmpaul
Art Expert

Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:31 am

4 pages of discussion and only one "meh"? that has to be an EB record.
Last edited by 35mmpaul on Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!
EG8
Art Expert

Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:35 am

WOW Just WOW. I love it, hoping that he stays for awhile.
Those tunnels tho! :shock:
Image Image Image
caleb
Art Connoisseur

Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:55 am

wottagunn wrote:That video is fantastic. pretty amazing stuff
misterx
Art Expert

Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:58 am

maddog76 wrote:
misterx wrote:drymount Israel....
Not to make this political, but they aren't allowed to enter Egypt either.
This is true and that is so completely messed up and disgusting, but Egypt Vs. Israel regarding who should F OFF? Israel gets my vote.

I suspect it would get Banksy's F OFF vote as well.

back to the WOW's....
War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength.
time
Art Expert

Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:05 am

Pretty good art, but what a sad load of one-sided misrepresented crap. And to see him using the tunnels the terrorists Hamas used/uses to hide their weapons and their terrorists in their efforts to kidnap and murder - just awful. Welcome to the topsy turvy world of moral equivalency and turning the terrorists into the victims. What a shame for an otherwise seemingly talented artist. It's a shame he forgot to do any art on the unmarked graves of those who Hamas kills for being gay or for supporting any opposition or for supporting any attempts at seeking a peaceful solution with its neighbors. Too bad he doesn't seem to know or understand the history of Gaza and how Israel pulled out every single one of the thousands of Jews who lived there in order to try to give those living there the chance to build a peaceful society that could finally reach a safe peace living side by side, but in response the people of Gaza elected an avowed terror group as their government and proceeded to use the area as a launching ground for missiles and kidnapping and attempted murder. Talented artist being used as a tool by terrorists. A true shame. If only he would use the opportunity to support those who actually seek peace rather than those who unabashedly seek death.
Last edited by time on Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
omyweenis
Art Expert

Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:30 am

Think Banksy just wanted to show how drymounted up places can be in the world. Not really surprised some of you read into it more than that. Typical American over opinion BS comments. Great work !!!! I don't see other artist with enough balls to pull this off. :clap:
ottomatik71
Art Expert

Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:36 am

time wrote:What a load of crap. And to see him using the tunnels the terrorists Hamas used/uses to hide their weapons and their terrorists in their efforts to kidnap and murder. Welcome to the topsy turvy world of moral equivalency and turning the terrorists into the victims. What a shame for an otherwise seemingly talented artist. It's a shame he forgot to do any art on the unmarked graves of those who Hamas kills for being gay or for supporting any attempts at a solution with its neighbors. Too bad he doesn't seem to know or understand the history of Gaza and how Israel pulled out every single one of the thousands of Jews who lived there in order to try to give those living there the chance to build a peaceful society that could finally reach a safe peace living side by side, but in response they elected an avowed terror group as their government and proceeded to use the area as a launching ground for missiles and kidnapping and attempted murder. Talented artist being used as a tool by terrorists. Such a shame.
It seems that 'time' is not on our side....
ajmmck
Art Expert

Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:37 am

omyweenis wrote:I don't see other artist with enough balls to pull this off. :clap:
Where do you think Stout has been?
bubbie
Art Expert

Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:39 am

luls
time
Art Expert

Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:52 am

ottomatik71 wrote:It seems that 'time' is not on our side....
Cute (and clever). And in this case "our side" would be the side of Hamas, so that's correct. And hopefully "time" will tell and Hamas will not succeed in its goal of destroying not only every person in Israel but every Jew on earth (maybe Banksy and those cheering him for this stunt should read the Hamas charter and explain why they support a group that is clear in its intent to never negotiate for peace and to kill every Jew alive). http://dailycaller.com/2014/07/22/9-thi ... s-charter/

Sorry to be a buzz kill but to some of us this is very personal.