The Cleon Peterson Beauty In Brutality thread

General art-related discussion.
benman3321
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:48 pm

Is, "The return" sold out or is there any chance I could get that print at a non-ebay crazy price? Would he put stuff in his webstore if it didn't sell out?

Thanks,
clocascio
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:49 pm

benman3321 wrote:Is, "The return" sold out or is there any chance I could get that print at a non-ebay crazy price? Would he put stuff in his webstore if it didn't sell out?

Thanks,
Yeah, I'm trying to get one too. Hoping this turns out to be a failip and I can score one for cost.
mlwells04
Art Expert

Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:51 pm

clocascio wrote:
benman3321 wrote:Is, "The return" sold out or is there any chance I could get that print at a non-ebay crazy price? Would he put stuff in his webstore if it didn't sell out?

Thanks,
Yeah, I'm trying to get one too. Hoping this turns out to be a failip and I can score one for cost.
I dont see that happening but you may get lucky
benman3321
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:52 pm

clocascio wrote:

Thanks,
I don't care paying for a little above cost, but triple the price?. I could trade for a "scales of injustice" -I was lucky enough to score that.
mrsippycups
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:56 pm

benman3321 wrote:
clocascio wrote:

Thanks,
I don't care paying for a little above cost, but triple the price?. I could trade for a "scales of injustice" -I was lucky enough to score that.
There is one up for $300 right now. I would say hurry up and snag that or wait and see (I am willing to bet that prices only go up though, there was a lot of hype going into the show)
recycler wrote:You do not need poster nerds to tell you what you should like.
ISO: "Champagne Charlie" sheet music cover by Alfred Concanen
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:59 pm

When in doubt, always rage buy.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
soam24
Art Freak

Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:19 pm

mrsippycups wrote:
benman3321 wrote:
clocascio wrote:

Thanks,
There is one up for $300 right now. I would say hurry up and snag that or wait and see (I am willing to bet that prices only go up though, there was a lot of hype going into the show)

Cleon doesn't even sell at crappy private auction sites.. save your money every image is the same.
ivxx4all
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:03 pm

soam24 wrote:
mrsippycups wrote:
benman3321 wrote:
clocascio wrote:

Cleon doesn't even sell at crappy private auction sites.. save your money every image is the same.
Did you buy a Cleon Peterson print and it not flip for you in the past or something? You've got some major butthurt about his work and I'm curious as to what your grudge stems from.
1000steps
Art Expert

Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:08 am

Eh, who cares? Tastes in art vary wildly. For example, I find Phlegm's artwork boring as hell, but I'm obviously an anomaly in that regard.
Welcome to the sleaze pit
ivxx4all
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:28 am

1000steps wrote:Eh, who cares? Tastes in art vary wildly. For example, I find Phlegm's artwork boring as hell, but I'm obviously an anomaly in that regard.
And yet I can go into the Phlegm thread and enjoy said discussion thread without seeing you pop up every time a new image shows up telling everyone Phlegm sucks. I'm not a fan of alot of the art that gets hyped on here so I get the varying tastes and all and I'm all for art discussion/criticism; I just don't get the artist bashing (except Doyle; I get that). I'm just wondering where the animosity comes from.
mrsippycups
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:51 am

ivxx4all wrote: I'm just wondering where the animosity comes from.
Just the EB culture from what I can tell. We don't care what the topic is as long as we can fudge on other people's opinions. Art, politics, sandwiches, as long as people have different tastes/opinions ours™ are better and the obvious choice.
recycler wrote:You do not need poster nerds to tell you what you should like.
ISO: "Champagne Charlie" sheet music cover by Alfred Concanen
ivxx4all
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:00 pm

mrsippycups wrote:
ivxx4all wrote: I'm just wondering where the animosity comes from.
Just the EB culture from what I can tell. We don't care what the topic is as long as we can fudge on other people's opinions. Art, politics, sandwiches, as long as people have different tastes/opinions ours™ are better and the obvious choice.
True, and it may just boil down to he's a dick; I guess since I'm a fan of his work, I'm biased and notice it more here. He may post in a similar fashion elsewhere and I just don't notice it. Also, I wouldn't say that it's characteristic of the EB culture. I haven't been a member long, but as far as Internet forums go, this one could be considered atypical. Despite the competition over limited editions of paper, it seems like there is a substantial amount of help and assistance given to others, some of which I've experienced firsthand.
1000steps
Art Expert

Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:18 am

I don't think Phlegm's artwork sucks, however his work is not my thing. Many people believe their opinion is gospel or universal, when all evidence before them indicates otherwise. You see what you see, and that sight compels you to think what you think. The person standing next to you sees something rather different, and is compelled to think something entirely different than what you thought.

Twenty three years of marriage has taught me that humans experiences are highly personal, far moreso than the vast majority of us are aware. The neurology of that meat puppet of yours is profoundly subjective. So is mine. The belief that humans 'share' anything beyond the most primal sensations is a comforting delusion and nothing more.
Welcome to the sleaze pit
ivxx4all
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:41 am

1000steps wrote:I don't think Phlegm's artwork sucks, however his work is not my thing. Many people believe their opinion is gospel or universal, when all evidence before them indicates otherwise. You see what you see, and that sight compels you to think what you think. The person standing next to you sees something rather different, and is compelled to think something entirely different than what you thought.

Twenty three years of marriage has taught me that humans experiences are highly personal, far moreso than the vast majority of us are aware. The neurology of that meat puppet of yours is profoundly subjective. So is mine. The belief that humans 'share' anything beyond the most primal sensations is a comforting delusion and nothing more.
Lol, damn dude; you went deep for that one. I was just wondering why the guy has what seems almost like a vendetta against the artist. I'm not under any delusions that we need to share the same exact thoughts or opinions. You may want to check your science on that last part though; while, the beginning of all that may be true and be the reason we all have different, personalized trains of thought based on our own personal experiences, a lot of people end up in the same place. If by primal sensations, you mean just our base emotions, how would explain people sharing a belief in a religion, the same taste in music and food, or the same political/cultural priorities? I do agree, that everyone has different experiences and the accumulation of those experiences has no choice but to make you a unique set of opinions and thoughts, but that doesn't mean we don't share those opinions with others.
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:48 am

choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.