Damage etiquette???

General art-related discussion.
maddoghoek100
Art Expert

Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:40 am

if it was sent insured i would have to agree with dan. offer a full refund on return of the print in original packaging, file your claim with USPS for the full insured value and move on. if he can not supply the original packaging and return the print tell him that you are sorry but that is the only option available. To file a claim you would require both the print and packaging to turn over to USPS.
Philpenn
Art Expert

Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:52 am

Not exactly the same, but pretty close. Coworker sold a car spoiler, and the buyer claimed damage wanting a partial refund. When pictures of the damage were sent, the spoiler was installed on the car. Coworker told Paypal for all he knew the buyer chipped it during installation, and they sided with him and closed the claim.
hippiern
Art Connoisseur

Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:59 am

Thanks for all the suggestions guys, really appreciate it.
soam24
Art Freak

Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:00 am

hippiern wrote:Thanks for all the suggestions guys, really appreciate it.

Dig your avatar, but yes, what everyone else said.
Vytis33
Art Expert

Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:44 am

Buyer sounds like a n00b. Claims damage and then sends picture of print framed...what??

From 2013/14 I'm guessing?
alittle
Art Freak

Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:46 am

So, can we get the name of this nub, or what?
hippiern
Art Connoisseur

Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:53 am

i will acknowledge a join date of 11/14. shame on me.
alittle
Art Freak

Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:54 am

lels
finneganm
Art Freak

Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:54 am

danieldanger wrote:insist he send it back to you. no partial refund.
I've gone this route lately. I'd rather be out shipping than be nickle and dimed for something that I generally attribute to someone not knowing how to remove/flatten a print properly.
That's what she said
jjttdw
Art Expert

Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:45 am

Drymount the buyer. No right minded person receives a damaged print then frames it. The spoiler story is spot on...how do you know that it was not damaged during framing? I had my framer cut a mat for a print I wanted to frame myself. He asked to keep the print while he cut the mat. When I picked up the mat and print the print had a corner bend. He ended up giving me the mat for free.
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart
hippiern
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:48 am

Update: POS paypal has decided to side with the buyer on my chargeback dispute. The buyer has ignored all of my communication efforts since his $ was pulled from my pp account and refunded to him. Not only that, but neither paypal or his credit card issuer is having him return the print! So, essentially this fella has screwed me out of 300$ and a very nice print. Awesome!

Being that this guy looks to be still active on the boards, I think I need to provide his login as a community service. Its BRENTPYE , feel free to send him a message.

edit: paypal is writing the buyer requesting return of item. they state that if buyer does not comply with this, they can escalate actions from there.
Last edited by hippiern on Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RiotAct
EB Team

Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:51 am

hippiern wrote:Update: POS paypal has decided to side with the buyer on my chargeback dispute.
Not surprising. But, I'm sorry to hear :(
jrsheppa
Art Expert

Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:57 am

How in the drymount can PayPal possibly be siding with him?!? If everything is exactly as you said, that seems inconceivable. I would get someone from PayPal on the phone. And you have the guys address, I would call the local police and explain the situation as well and have them at least speak to him if they agree to. That way at least hopefully it will show you are serious about going to any lengths to not allow that to happen. You might want to look into the requirements for filing suit in small claims court either in your jurisdiction or his. I know these sound extreme, but for me, it would be the principle of the matter. Good luck man.
MolokoFiend
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:58 am

escalate.
What you got back home, little sister, to play your fuzzy warbles on? I bet you got little save pitiful, portable picnic players. Come with uncle and hear all proper! Hear angel trumpets and devil trombones. You. Are. Invited.
KSUvet
Art Expert

Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:00 pm

hippiern wrote:Update: POS paypal has decided to side with the buyer on my chargeback dispute. The buyer has ignored all of my communication efforts since his $ was pulled from my pp account and refunded to him. Not only that, but neither paypal or his credit card issuer is having him return the print! So, essentially this fella has screwed me out of 300$ and a very nice print. Awesome!

Being that this guy looks to be still active on the boards, I think I need to provide his login as a community service. Its BRENTPYE , feel free to send him a message.
What possible justification did they give for not forcing a return of the print?! Also, this should be turned into a proper call-out thread with the name in the title.
"I see dudes using cotton gloves on prints that I know were printed while someone was drinking a beer or eating Cheetos, while water leaked from the ceiling. And I'm not even talking about my shop!" - alexfugazi