Movie Print of the Year

General art-related discussion.
jjttdw
Art Expert

Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:45 pm

RottenAtom wrote:Still narrowing it down from these tasty 8.

Durieux Rear Window (variant)

I helped you out.
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart
iambillyg
Art Freak

Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:47 pm

Image Image Image Image Image

'Here Comes Trouble' could be swapped out for 'Vertigo'. I go back and forth on those two.
1000steps
Art Expert

Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:57 pm

iambillyg wrote:Reading more into things I post here is generally a mistake, unless they're gifs.
ISO Iambillyg gif Interpretation Thread!
Welcome to the sleaze pit
listerfeend
Art Expert

Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:54 pm

Image VS. Image

Gonna be a tough one for me.
Horazon

Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:11 pm

Image Image ImageImage Image

Ortiz / Gremlins - I don't think Randy got enough credit for this one, I absolutely adore this piece.

Delort / Where the Wild Things - Does this count? It WAS made into a movie.. so I'm counting it. The detail on this is incredible, as one would expect from Delort, but this was one of my favorite books as a kid and this captures my nostalgia perfectly.

PCC / Mask of the Phantasm - This one blew me away, but I am admittedly a TAS fanboy. If their Heart of Ice counted as a movie I would have thrown it on here as well.

Horkey / FOTR - Definitive. This scene has been depicted many times by many artists, but he hit it out of the park.

Ansin / Ghost in the Shell - the composition is ridiculous and absolutely beautiful.
Kurisu

Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:26 pm

Image Image Image Image Image

Tong - Batman Begins: I love when art adds subtle things to make amazing imagery. This variant is really big for me as you see Bruce carrying Ra's, the Batman silhouette, and the League's base being on fire.

Budisch - To See with Eyes Unclouded by Hate. This was one of if not my first print. I was lucky enough to get a Test 3D print and it looks amazing. The normal one itself is incredibly vibrant and just looks breathtaking

PCC - Mask of the Phantasm: Yes I'm a Batman fan. This is a great poster for a great Batman film. It does a good job of portraying the Phantasm and how she looms over Batman (even today in Batman Beyond).

Delort - Nosferatu: This came out before I started collecting and this is the one that made me fall in love with Delort's style. I love the shading and penwork. It has such depth and detail that it's just mind boggling to comprehend. I really wish I was around when this was available.

Ansin - Ghost in the Shell: I'm not a huge Ghost in the Shell fan but I am just in love with the coloring and stylistic approach to this poster. It's so bright and defined with detail and callouts.
cargoflipper
Art Expert

Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:58 pm

listerfeend wrote:Image VS. Image

Gonna be a tough one for me.

Top 2 easily
hellosir wrote:People truly bitch about everything these days
Libertine
Art Connoisseur

Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:59 am

As every year this is a tough one, guess I have to go with

on the first place although it was clearly the year of Laurent Durieux and although I don't own the print and haven't seen it in person yet.

honorable mentions:
and pretty much everything else Laurent Durieux created in 2014 :wink:
Imageth Circle * Image