THE VACVVM: Official Discussion Thread

General art-related discussion.
User avatar
outpour
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 851
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:58 pm
Location: DFW

Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:03 am

Sub'd
User avatar
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus
Posts: 52227
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:50 pm
Location: Austin, TX

Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:29 pm

We already had him on the list, but now it's official:
thevacvvm wrote:Peek at part of Brandon Holt's (@heathenlegs) self-portrait for the site. Honored to announce that he'll be part of THE VACVVM as well.


It's pretty awesome how they're drawing their own portrait pics.

THEList:
1. Aaron Horkey
2. Brandon Holt
3. Vania Zouravliov
So it goes...
User avatar
UrsusMorris
Art Expert
Posts: 8829
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:52 pm
Location: Amarillo, TX

Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:52 pm

(Subbing in)
mattkardish wrote:the polar bear would take the great white to the corner of jabroni drive and know your role boulevard and rock bottom his ass onto that stop sign and finish him off with the people's elbow. clearly y'all can't smell what the polar bear is cookin.
User avatar
cmatthews11
Art Expert
Posts: 2925
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:42 am
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Contact:

Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:48 pm

Image
User avatar
63schoeffling
Art Expert
Posts: 8173
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:52 am

Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:59 pm

Subbbed
User avatar
bmerel
Art Expert
Posts: 6333
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:51 pm

Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:59 am

SAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABED
User avatar
fitz
Art Expert
Posts: 6900
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:10 am

Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:11 am

mfaith wrote:THEList:
1. Aaron Horkey
2. Brandon Holt
3. Vania Zouravliov
1. Aaron Horkey
2. Brandon Holt
3. Vania Zouravliov
4. Fitz

Thanks for the awesome giveaway :clap:
User avatar
UrsusMorris
Art Expert
Posts: 8829
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:52 pm
Location: Amarillo, TX

Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:13 am

fitz wrote:
mfaith wrote:THEList:
1. Aaron Horkey
2. Brandon Holt
3. Vania Zouravliov
1. Aaron Horkey
2. Brandon Holt
3. Vania Zouravliov
4. Fitz

Thanks for the awesome giveaway :clap:
hahahaha :clap:


Btw......WHAT'S IN THE VACUUM??
mattkardish wrote:the polar bear would take the great white to the corner of jabroni drive and know your role boulevard and rock bottom his ass onto that stop sign and finish him off with the people's elbow. clearly y'all can't smell what the polar bear is cookin.
User avatar
fitz
Art Expert
Posts: 6900
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:10 am

Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:00 am

if they are going international then they ought to extend an invitation to Nicolas Delort as he seems to fit the mold of fine art, high quality (struggling to think of a better word off the top of my head) illustrators that make up the list so far, though I appreciate that for these things to work its probably important to keep things tight.

just hope they dont go down a subs/secret society route (unless I get one of course at which point it becomes a fine thing and a great way to get the art into the hands of the true aficionados!) :P
User avatar
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus
Posts: 52227
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:50 pm
Location: Austin, TX

Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:04 am

fitz wrote: just hope they dont go down a subs/secret society route (unless I get one of course at which point it becomes a fine thing and a great way to get the art into the hands of the true aficionados!) :P
:rolling:
So it goes...
User avatar
jjdungca
Art Expert
Posts: 2604
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:17 am

Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:18 am

sub'd
ImageImageImage
User avatar
jmagee87
Art Expert
Posts: 5994
Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:02 pm
Location: Baton Rouge, LA

Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:16 am

sub'd
Kramerica wrote:never listen to anything rambo says.
RambosRemodeler wrote:You're entitled to your opinion but it's wrong.
Bluecow
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 748
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:23 am
Location: Minneapolis, MN

Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:45 am

fitz wrote:if they are going international then they ought to extend an invitation to Nicolas Delort as he seems to fit the mold of fine art, high quality (struggling to think of a better word off the top of my head) illustrators that make up the list so far, though I appreciate that for these things to work its probably important to keep things tight.

just hope they dont go down a subs/secret society route (unless I get one of course at which point it becomes a fine thing and a great way to get the art into the hands of the true aficionados!) :P
My hope is that since it seems to be a brand new endeavor that they will open it up to more people than just a small circle. A small circle would kind of defeat the purpose, which seems to be to promote the work of a collective group of like-minded artists.
User avatar
sidewaysscott
Art God
Posts: 22102
Joined: Thu May 15, 2008 11:22 am
Location: denver

Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:46 am

Texas, Iowa, any guesses?
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
User avatar
Timbrh2001
Art Expert
Posts: 8416
Joined: Thu May 27, 2010 9:49 pm
Location: 'Merica

Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:49 am

sidewaysscott wrote:Texas, Iowa, any guesses?
Huh?
Post Reply