THE VACVVM: Official Discussion Thread

General art-related discussion.
User avatar
murdock
Art Expert
Posts: 4234
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:57 am
Location: Krautland

Sat Oct 11, 2014 4:00 pm

curious...
Don’t deal with MillerTime04 - he’s a scammer
User avatar
Xander
Art Expert
Posts: 3693
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:01 pm

Sat Oct 11, 2014 4:07 pm

Just now noticed what the lettering says.

Image
User avatar
kyle
Art Expert
Posts: 7090
Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2006 12:00 am
Location: HumanHorkeyHelmet

Sat Oct 11, 2014 4:14 pm

:rockin:
Codeblue wrote:Hork is God, Jesus, the 12 disciples, Santa Claus, and the Easter Bunny all rolled into one beautiful lanky package.
User avatar
GiantBoyDective
Art Freak
Posts: 10134
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:17 pm
Location: A Whale's Vagina

Sat Oct 11, 2014 4:30 pm

davethewave wrote:So what's the concept?
nobody knows what it means but it's provocative! Gets the people going!
Image #trollcru
danieldanger wrote:what you do aint hustlin. see, in MY hustle, i get to sell the whole run and each print only costs me like $6. y'alls is small potatoe street level fudge.
User avatar
Xander
Art Expert
Posts: 3693
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:01 pm

Sat Oct 11, 2014 4:31 pm

Xander wrote:Just now noticed what the lettering says.

Image
The above was done two months before the MondoCon sketch.

Image

It appears again in one of Holt's pieces from Hyperstoic.

Image
User avatar
hakaider2
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 584
Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:53 am
Location: The muddy deeps of Bavaria

Sat Oct 11, 2014 4:44 pm

electrachrome wrote:
davethewave wrote:So what's the concept?
reincarnation of Dead Arts Publishing. that's my guess.
hopefully this will also include the return of the letterpress series...??? !!! :shock: :tumbleweed: :notworthy: :notworthy:
User avatar
KSUvet
Art Expert
Posts: 4508
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:37 am
Location: MO

Sat Oct 11, 2014 5:15 pm

Curiouser and curiouser.
hakaider2 wrote:
electrachrome wrote:
davethewave wrote:So what's the concept?
reincarnation of Dead Arts Publishing. that's my guess.
hopefully this will also include the return of the letterpress series...??? !!! :shock: :tumbleweed: :notworthy: :notworthy:
I was going to post the same thing. :clap:
"I see dudes using cotton gloves on prints that I know were printed while someone was drinking a beer or eating Cheetos, while water leaked from the ceiling. And I'm not even talking about my shop!" - alexfugazi
User avatar
alteridiom
Art Expert
Posts: 5328
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:23 am
Location: Tennessee

Sat Oct 11, 2014 5:17 pm

GiantBoyDective wrote:
davethewave wrote:So what's the concept?
nobody knows what it means but it's provocative! Gets the people going!
Come on and spill the beans.
Small town pizza lawyer
User avatar
GiantBoyDective
Art Freak
Posts: 10134
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:17 pm
Location: A Whale's Vagina

Sat Oct 11, 2014 5:22 pm

Image #trollcru
danieldanger wrote:what you do aint hustlin. see, in MY hustle, i get to sell the whole run and each print only costs me like $6. y'alls is small potatoe street level fudge.
User avatar
hakaider2
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 584
Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:53 am
Location: The muddy deeps of Bavaria

Sat Oct 11, 2014 5:24 pm

KSUvet wrote:Curiouser and curiouser.
hakaider2 wrote:
electrachrome wrote:
davethewave wrote:So what's the concept?
reincarnation of Dead Arts Publishing. that's my guess.
hopefully this will also include the return of the letterpress series...??? !!! :shock: :tumbleweed: :notworthy: :notworthy:
I was going to post the same thing. :clap:

:cheers:
"Is it save to say there will be no Aaron Horkey twitter account anytime soon?"
"Saver than save."
User avatar
MagiaOrganica
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 454
Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:09 am

Sat Oct 11, 2014 5:34 pm

Xander wrote:
Xander wrote:Just now noticed what the lettering says.

Image
The above was done two months before the MondoCon sketch.

Image

It appears again in one of Holt's pieces from Hyperstoic.

Image
That wasn't a MondoCon sketch it was just in his sketchbook and Jock took a pic of it.
User avatar
Snowboarder37918
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 848
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:44 pm

Sat Oct 11, 2014 5:47 pm

After just leaving Hyperstoic, I'm excited about this new venture!
User avatar
Xander
Art Expert
Posts: 3693
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:01 pm

Sat Oct 11, 2014 5:55 pm

MagiaOrganica wrote:That wasn't a MondoCon sketch it was just in his sketchbook and Jock took a pic of it.
Fine, a MondoCon eve sketch that was originally posted in the MondoCon thread. Better?
User avatar
MagiaOrganica
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 454
Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:09 am

Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:08 pm

Xander wrote:
MagiaOrganica wrote:That wasn't a MondoCon sketch it was just in his sketchbook and Jock took a pic of it.
Fine, a MondoCon eve sketch that was originally posted in the MondoCon thread. Better?
Wasn't trying to be a dick or anything. Just saying the sketch could be months old.
User avatar
Xander
Art Expert
Posts: 3693
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:01 pm

Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:13 pm

No worries. Guess it was done the night before MondoCon. Maybe any work branded with VACVVM could be a future release of some kind.
MagiaOrganica wrote:Wasn't trying to be a dick or anything. Just saying the sketch could be months old.
mfaith wrote:Jock tweeted a pic of it out the night before Mondo-Con, when they were doing that drink and draw. It was seemingly the first indication that Aaron was in town for the event.
Post Reply