THE VACVVM: Official Discussion Thread

General art-related discussion.
User avatar
iwokeinrelief
Art Expert
Posts: 2124
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:04 pm
Location: DALLAS

Wed May 27, 2015 10:01 pm

DeadHand wrote:
jjbehren wrote:Can't shopify be set up so that when you cart the item after a cart drop it's a race to the finish, and not held in your cart?
I assume this is a necessary evil that prevents system meltdown. so-to-speak.
Bigcartel can be set up this way. Though, to be fair, Mike Mitchell's site (which has race to the finish Bigcartl) runs like fudge on big drops, so there might be something to what you say.
User avatar
DeadHand
Art Expert
Posts: 1125
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:48 am
Location: Chicago

Wed May 27, 2015 10:04 pm

ah ok was confusing systems. I remembered Mike talking about it after some people were holding onto stuff forever-IIRC he figured a way to lower the time it held instead of it being an insanely long time. I.E. like 5 minute instead of 15+
User avatar
PLUSH
Art Expert
Posts: 7201
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:43 pm
Location: TEXAS

Wed May 27, 2015 10:22 pm

Did something drop today?
User avatar
rabieteen
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 284
Joined: Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:50 pm
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
Contact:

Wed May 27, 2015 10:54 pm

was curious if there was an eta on shipping of these. was thinking of grabbing one on secondary market but didn't want to get it and have paypal refund time expire while waiting. the ebay prices for the variant foil seem surprisingly fair right now.
User avatar
PLUSH
Art Expert
Posts: 7201
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:43 pm
Location: TEXAS

Wed May 27, 2015 10:55 pm

rabieteen wrote:was curious if there was an eta on shipping of these. was thinking of grabbing one on secondary market but didn't want to get it and have paypal refund time expire while waiting. the ebay prices for the variant foil seem surprisingly fair right now.

You got 6 months with PP now.

Effective Date: November 18, 2014

Dispute Filing Window

We’re increasing the time for buyers to file a merchandise dispute (Item Not Received and Significantly Not as Described) from 45 days to 180 days. All references in the User Agreement to “Opening a Dispute within 45 days” have been updated to reflect “Opening a Dispute within 180 days.” The Sections these changes appear include the Introduction, 3.15, 13.2 and 13.5.
User avatar
UrsusMorris
Art Expert
Posts: 8829
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:52 pm
Location: Amarillo, TX

Wed May 27, 2015 10:57 pm

PLUSH wrote:Did something drop today?
Delort's new prints.

Then again, not sure if you're just bein sarcastic haha. Either way, i bit/answered :P
mattkardish wrote:the polar bear would take the great white to the corner of jabroni drive and know your role boulevard and rock bottom his ass onto that stop sign and finish him off with the people's elbow. clearly y'all can't smell what the polar bear is cookin.
User avatar
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus
Posts: 52227
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:50 pm
Location: Austin, TX

Wed May 27, 2015 10:59 pm

These are already printed, so my guess is they ship very soon.
So it goes...
User avatar
jkw3000
EB Team
Posts: 23715
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:22 pm
Location: NYC

Wed May 27, 2015 11:01 pm

mfaith wrote:These are already printed, so my guess is they ship very soon.
It's Mitch. When it's printed, he's a shipping MACHINE.
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
User avatar
rabieteen
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 284
Joined: Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:50 pm
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
Contact:

Wed May 27, 2015 11:30 pm

PLUSH wrote:
rabieteen wrote:was curious if there was an eta on shipping of these. was thinking of grabbing one on secondary market but didn't want to get it and have paypal refund time expire while waiting. the ebay prices for the variant foil seem surprisingly fair right now.

You got 6 months with PP now.

Effective Date: November 18, 2014

Dispute Filing Window

We’re increasing the time for buyers to file a merchandise dispute (Item Not Received and Significantly Not as Described) from 45 days to 180 days. All references in the User Agreement to “Opening a Dispute within 45 days” have been updated to reflect “Opening a Dispute within 180 days.” The Sections these changes appear include the Introduction, 3.15, 13.2 and 13.5.

Oh rad, thanks for the heads up, good to know!
User avatar
Wockenfuss
Art Expert
Posts: 1423
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:38 pm
Location: Smith's Grove Sanitarium

Thu May 28, 2015 8:46 am

mfaith wrote: and cross-post from the Ruas thread:
aaronhorkey wrote:This detail from the "sketchbook" of Joao Ruas { @feral_kid } is just a taste of what might be one of the most beautiful objects I've been lucky enough to hold. Every page is a masterwork of content and execution, brilliantly composed and exuding an absolutely infectious joy of drawing. Beyond thrilled to have Joao in the fold at @thevacvvm and cannot wait to see what he brings to The Gilded Age in September... #joaoruas #gildedage2015 #thevacvvm #asinglepointofblindinglight
This is ridiculous. Seriously, I wish I had 1/100th of this talent.
I Heart Haddonfield.
Nemesis01
Art Expert
Posts: 1142
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:47 pm

Thu May 28, 2015 9:19 am

Did anyone submit for Delorts Meissa to be added yet? Kinda weird that it still not up on here no?
User avatar
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus
Posts: 52227
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:50 pm
Location: Austin, TX

Thu May 28, 2015 9:21 am

Nemesis01 wrote:Did anyone submit for Delorts Meissa to be added yet? Kinda weird that it still not up on here no?
I did on Tuesday.
So it goes...
User avatar
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus
Posts: 52227
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:50 pm
Location: Austin, TX

Thu May 28, 2015 9:33 am

mfaith wrote:
Nemesis01 wrote:Did anyone submit for Delorts Meissa to be added yet? Kinda weird that it still not up on here no?
I did on Tuesday.
Just approved: Image
And I already put a request in the correction thread for adding the variant.
So it goes...
User avatar
jkw3000
EB Team
Posts: 23715
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:22 pm
Location: NYC

Thu May 28, 2015 9:36 am

Yaaaaaaay
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
Nemesis01
Art Expert
Posts: 1142
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:47 pm

Thu May 28, 2015 9:54 am

Good stuff :)
Post Reply