THE VACVVM: Official Discussion Thread

General art-related discussion.
User avatar
Thalass
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 214
Joined: Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:58 pm

Wed May 27, 2015 7:23 pm

Secured a reg. Looks like this will be a solid print! Anyone know who this is printed by? I think Delort typically uses D&L, but it seems like the Vacvvm might be trying to funnel all of their releases through Ben at Burlesque.

Kinda chuckled at Delort's description though. It's about as non-descriptive as descriptions get :lol:
User avatar
egrimens
Art Expert
Posts: 2340
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2005 2:00 am
Location: Orange County, CA

Wed May 27, 2015 7:24 pm

Thalass wrote:Secured a reg. Looks like this will be a solid print! Anyone know who this is printed by? I think Delort typically uses D&L, but it seems like the Vacvvm might be trying to funnel all of their releases through Ben at Burlesque.

Kinda chuckled at Delort's description though. It's about as non-descriptive as descriptions get :lol:
It's Ben, he posted on instagram about it yesterday, he mentioned it was a 3 color print, which was surprising to me (looks 2 tops in the jpg)
User avatar
Thalass
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 214
Joined: Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:58 pm

Wed May 27, 2015 7:31 pm

egrimens wrote:
It's Ben, he posted on instagram about it yesterday, he mentioned it was a 3 color print, which was surprising to me (looks 2 tops in the jpg)
Curious. Probably just an extra hue to make the greys more accurate.

Great news for Ben though (and for the artists). That guy is a beast when it comes to screen printing. And knowing how much input he provides when working on Horkey's prints, he might as well be considered an unlisted member of the Vacvvm if he'll be printing everyone's pieces.
User avatar
jkw3000
EB Team
Posts: 23816
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:22 pm
Location: NYC

Wed May 27, 2015 7:39 pm

earlgreytoast wrote:
mcnail wrote:One left in there. Shopify cart holding has been a bit frustrating today, but not much you can do.

Yes there is. Go back to your old P and T platform. Soooo much better than this bullshit. Pretty much guarantees that every Vacvvm drop will get dragged out for 1-2 hours. And this was for a relatively low demand print, at least compared to a Horkey. Did you really get so many complaints/problems with the old system? I don't remember too many oversells or anything like that.
Nah, there were oversell and inventory issues at various points. Not saying I prefer the new system over it, but the old one had issues too.

*looks longingly at Night Comes Black and sighs*
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
User avatar
earlgreytoast
Art Expert
Posts: 8609
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:14 pm

Wed May 27, 2015 7:42 pm

I guess every system has issues. But personally, I'd rather score a print and then get a refund notice an hour or 2 later rather than sit and try for a print for an hour or 2 and most likely not get it. Of course, that's just my preference. I'm sure others would rather hammer on a site for an hour rather than get a dreaded refund notice.
User avatar
jkw3000
EB Team
Posts: 23816
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:22 pm
Location: NYC

Wed May 27, 2015 7:46 pm

earlgreytoast wrote:I guess every system has issues. But personally, I'd rather score a print and then get a refund notice an hour or 2 later rather than sit and try for a print for an hour or 2 and most likely not get it. Of course, that's just my preference. I'm sure others would rather hammer on a site for an hour rather than get a dreaded refund notice.
Oh no worries, I agree with that actually - sure the wait for possible refunds was brutal, but compared to the false hope caused by dealing with a cartlock that spans 40 minutes... :hanging:

The system probably makes more sense from the seller end since shopify seems to handle traffic and keep inventory well.
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
User avatar
UrsusMorris
Art Expert
Posts: 8829
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:52 pm
Location: Amarillo, TX

Wed May 27, 2015 8:24 pm

Personally, after basking in the glory of scorin a tough drop that you know will be ridiculously expensive on the secondary, and your nerves have settled back to normal, gettin a refund shortly after would piss me off. I'd go around Scorpion Deathdroppin hoes* left and right!

*Disclaimer: not actual hoes, just people in general. I have to specify these things so people don't flip out on me again lol.
mattkardish wrote:the polar bear would take the great white to the corner of jabroni drive and know your role boulevard and rock bottom his ass onto that stop sign and finish him off with the people's elbow. clearly y'all can't smell what the polar bear is cookin.
User avatar
mcnail
Art Expert
Posts: 3122
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2005 12:00 am
Location: Iowa

Wed May 27, 2015 9:07 pm

Shopify is pretty great, really. Excellent inventory control, no hangups, amazing backend, endless design capabilities, etc. Also, I was using Prostores for P&T, which ceased to exist earlier this year.
User avatar
earlgreytoast
Art Expert
Posts: 8609
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:14 pm

Wed May 27, 2015 9:11 pm

Yeah, clearly shopify is great for sellers. That's why most of you use it. Oh well, I still have a solid batting average. :wink:
User avatar
jkw3000
EB Team
Posts: 23816
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:22 pm
Location: NYC

Wed May 27, 2015 9:26 pm

mcnail wrote:Shopify is pretty great, really. Excellent inventory control, no hangups, amazing backend, endless design capabilities, etc. Also, I was using Prostores for P&T, which ceased to exist earlier this year.
Well there ya go..."ceased to exist" is probably an acceptable reason. :lol:
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
User avatar
DeadHand
Art Expert
Posts: 1125
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:48 am
Location: Chicago

Wed May 27, 2015 9:33 pm

earlgreytoast wrote: Pretty much guarantees that every drop will get dragged out for 1-2 hours..
This is probably my main issue with shopify. The false hope 8)
User avatar
rubberneck
Art God
Posts: 25813
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:19 pm
Location: Houston, TX

Wed May 27, 2015 9:36 pm

jkw3000 wrote:
mcnail wrote:Shopify is pretty great, really. Excellent inventory control, no hangups, amazing backend, endless design capabilities, etc. Also, I was using Prostores for P&T, which ceased to exist earlier this year.
Well there ya go..."ceased to exist" is probably an acceptable reason. :lol:
Dat backdoor tho...

Twss
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0


"rara charta, gravi negotio"
User avatar
Cragars
Art Expert
Posts: 7464
Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:04 am

Wed May 27, 2015 9:47 pm

heh it takes the most annoying parts of a race to the finish drop and a big-cartel drop.
User avatar
jjbehren
Flipper
Posts: 12757
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:00 am

Wed May 27, 2015 9:53 pm

Can't shopify be set up so that when you cart the item after a cart drop it's a race to the finish, and not held in your cart?
User avatar
DeadHand
Art Expert
Posts: 1125
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:48 am
Location: Chicago

Wed May 27, 2015 9:57 pm

jjbehren wrote:Can't shopify be set up so that when you cart the item after a cart drop it's a race to the finish, and not held in your cart?
I assume this is a necessary evil that prevents system meltdown. so-to-speak.
Post Reply