THE VACVVM: Official Discussion Thread

General art-related discussion.
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:39 am

Well, I for one, am stoked to have these available, and I'm thankful to Mitch and co. for making it happen. :pint:
But in an effort to move forward the discussion, which piece do you guys think is up next? We've seen two in progress shots for pieces being worked on. Ken's and Mike's. Seemed Mike's might be further along? Though it's kind of hard to say. I'm looking forward to both of them, so I guess it's no matter which order they come. :D
So it goes...
Whitey9457
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:47 am

I can't wait to see more of that piece that Ken is working on. I was into Ken's stuff before I discovered any of the artists from here so I'm really excited to see where he takes things because it definitely seems like he's at least experimenting in a new direction for this piece coming up.

(for the record - I'm actually a very positive guy, especially when it comes to art)
Last edited by Whitey9457 on Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
harrykeogh
Art Expert

Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:02 am

Can we see a picture of the loom you use to make all of your socks, underwear, shirts, and pants.

Fight the powa! Down with corps!
Whitey9457
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:05 am

harrykeogh wrote:Can we see a picture of the loom you use to make all of your socks, underwear, shirts, and pants.

Fight the powa! Down with corps!
I realize I'm being trolled and it's working... but it's late and i'm bored so... I don't make my own clothes...

If you'd really like photos of my solid colored clothing with no brands... I'd be happy to show you but if you just imagine a guy wearing a plain blue shirt with grey jeans, you'll get the picture...

I never indicated that I don't buy my clothes... i just don't like to wear the brand name of the clothes (or anything else) on those clothes. I'm very boring in what I wear. Solid colors almost always.
Last edited by Whitey9457 on Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:08 am

choke wrote:Can't wait to see the COA for my hoodie
Granny is gonna be so cozy in that fudge.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
harrykeogh
Art Expert

Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:08 am

Why do you fill your wall with fishies? You think they make them just to make you feel all warm inside. it's marketing. Stop whining already.
Kramerica
Art Freak

Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:10 am

I think Sutfin's will be released sooner as long as the release follows when the piece was finished. I didn't go back to look at the pic, but I remember thinking it looked inked. I am anticipating the drop for the Taylor more though, I already know I want to purchase that one.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
oinkoink
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:15 am

Looking back on the past releases and upcoming previews, water looks to be a motif, especially the sea. I wonder if it's all coincidence. Gets my imagination going as if all the pieces are in the same universe.
aznpunkyu
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:19 am

I can appreciate the logo on the clothing, but not something I would wear (I dig UnderArmour). It's the VACVVM brand of all the artists associated. I think it would be cool if after each artist has dropped a print for VACVVM that they print their art on the back of the clothing with the logo on the front.
Image THC x 3
fitz
Art Expert

Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:46 am

Welp that was a euro friendly release :(

Hope no art releases follow suit
bubbie
Art Expert

Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:57 am

mfaith wrote:But in an effort to move forward the discussion, which piece do you guys think is up next? We've seen two in progress shots for pieces being worked on. Ken's and Mike's. Seemed Mike's might be further along? Though it's kind of hard to say. I'm looking forward to both of them, so I guess it's no matter which order they come. :D
Looking forward to Mike's piece more, to be honest. From what I have seen though, Ken's is a killer. So whatever comes, I will try to make it mine :)
noweyesee
Art Expert

Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:11 am

fitz wrote:Welp that was a euro friendly release :(
Not really
Cragars
Art Expert

Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:42 am

Particle wrote:
Vacvvm has three print releases and it's not like all three were slam dunks. .
How were all three not slam dunks?
fitz
Art Expert

Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:02 am

Cragars wrote:
Particle wrote:
Vacvvm has three print releases and it's not like all three were slam dunks. .
How were all three not slam dunks?
only the Croatoan flips?
jung
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:05 am

Whitey9457 wrote:To me, this is like writing "AARON HORKEY" on a shirt or something, with no other pictures.
Kramerica wrote:I think Sutfin's will be released sooner as long as the release follows when the piece was finished. I didn't go back to look at the pic, but I remember thinking it looked inked.

Mike's piece does indeed appear to be inked and further along than Ken's pencils, so Sutfin and then Taylor is the release order I'm expecting as well. Looking forward to hopefully getting some teases from Delort and/or Ruas next...
Image ImageImageImage Image