General art-related discussion.
Creation88
Art Expert

Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:38 pm

these threads are quickly becoming the "instagram repost" thread
soupysound
EB Team

Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:34 pm

Creation88 wrote:these threads are quickly becoming the "instagram repost" thread
same thing happened to the horkey FB group. #rehash #repost #rere
xbrc
Art Expert

Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:36 pm

soupysound wrote:
Creation88 wrote:these threads are quickly becoming the "instagram repost" thread
same thing happened to the horkey FB group. #rehash #repost #rere
Mun wrote:#expressogram
ArchibaldTuttle
Art Expert

Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:46 pm

mfaith wrote:
Thalass wrote:Really cool to see Ken give some insight into his working process. I wonder if the other artists of the Vacvvm pushed him toward getting back to traditional inks, or at least inspired him to.
I feel there's some degree of that. Not that the other artists coerced him in some way. But more the inspiration. The whole idea of the artists pushing themselves to go the extra mile and break new ground to match up against their peers. The whole is greater than the sum of its parts sort of thing. I'm super excited about this piece. To see Ken pull out the inks after nearly a decade to wrap it up by hand, is really special. :clap:
It's described as an "international illustration cult," so I sort of assumed from the beginning that work would be coming from actual materials instead of digital. Which is why I'm really excited that KT is part of it.

Without getting into the whole digital vs analog thing, I've viewed the Vacvvm as an outlet to get back to basics, or at least emphasize that. You know, make some real actual tangible stuff that showcases everyone's badassery at its core. But of course I have no idea.
Thalass
Art Connoisseur

Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:51 pm

Perhaps it is less justified here than in the Horkey thread, but to reiterate a common rebuttal, many of us can't be bothered to check Instagram/Twitter and find these reposts helpful for staying up to date. Social media is kind of fudge anyway for this kind of thing...the artists are throwing their work out to the world, but there isn't much room to discuss it via retweets or likes, or what have you. I even find Facebook posts rather isolating, since people seem to be saying things just to say them rather than to have a proper discussion. Just a bunch of people yelling at an imaginary stage, basically.

Here I think the posts are put in their proper context: an art discussion forum. Sometimes the posts are just notebook sketches and therefore perhaps not deserving of the weighty title of "art," but they are valuable glimpses into the artist's mind and/or working process, and I find that insightful all the same. So until someone forbids the practice, we're at a bit of a stalemate and there's good arguments for and against these reposts. But I say keep 'em.
MaxCollinsII
Art Connoisseur

Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:04 pm

Hi Ken -Hi Everyone Will that instagram preview black and white version be avaibale as a print? Would be cool to let my daughter color it in, an unofficial collab I guess!?
The Original Pure Hemp® Rolling Papers :ziggi: made in Spain, unlike some of our competitors
PartPat: "All of Eb is one big mondo joke really."
aznpunkyu
Art Connoisseur

Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:11 pm

MaxCollinsII wrote:Hi Ken -Hi Everyone Will that instagram preview black and white version be avaibale as a print? Would be cool to let my daughter color it in, an unofficial collab I guess!?
Hopefully your daughter is a child prodigy with crayon or colored pencils because I wouldn't want to spend between $50-$100 to have a child color a print. Unless you just have too much money to spend.

really hoping this was not a serious question
Image THC x 3
elroy404
Art Connoisseur

Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:29 pm

Could see Pwints doing some type of line art book for kids to color in
jimmysleftbrain
Art Connoisseur

Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:47 pm

elroy404 wrote:Could see Pwints doing some type of line art book for kids to color in
I like this idea. Go Mitch.
Cragars
Art Expert

Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:15 pm

AyeJay put out a few of those. 8)
smokeycat
Art Expert

Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:46 pm

Whitey9457 wrote:I had the same thought about framing a COA...
it is all opinion, i would be pissed at myself if i had to take it down to show off the coa to everyone on the back. i also would not like it had anyone touched the museum glass. i like them both viewable but thought they displayed better separately. i did label them both Tallow 1/2 and Tallow 2/2 on the backs so the next holder (after i am deceased) does know they belong together.
and by the way, i couldn't be more pleased!
hi guys! been living real life so barely been around.
ImageImageImage
smokeycat
Art Expert

Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:49 pm

Cragars wrote:AyeJay put out a few of those. 8)
i xeroxed a few of those pages to give to my friend's kids to wreck! their dad laughed out loud and thought they were hilarious! i think he enjoyed them more than his 8 and 10 year old. :lol:
ImageImageImage
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:50 pm

Mmmmm Tallow. Sooo good. :drool: :notworthy:
One day.
So it goes...
dasponyboy
Art Expert

Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:34 am

That Tallow looks insane!!!! Bravo! :notworthy: :clap: :notworthy:
ceevee
Art Expert

Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:58 am

That is jaw-droppingly beautiful. I so :heart: Tallow.