THE VACVVM: Official Discussion Thread

General art-related discussion.
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Thu Dec 25, 2014 6:51 pm

Nicely done! :clap: Permission to use this for my avatar?
Edit: Received. Thanks man!
So it goes...
35mmpaul
Art Expert

Fri Dec 26, 2014 8:41 pm

gah. i want mineeeeeee
jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!
Timbrh2001
Art Expert

Fri Dec 26, 2014 8:45 pm

greenhorn1 wrote:I think it is very difficult to frame up multiple prints in a single frame and have it look good. Especially when the sizes vary as dramatically as these do. 99% of the time I think it would look better using separate frames and displayed side by side.

Now prove me wrong people! :D
Yeah, I debated including the sleeve of the Basement Set along with both prints in one big frameup but decided to leave it out and just frame both prints separately (w/o the sleeve) because I wasn't sure if it was gonna work out.
Timbrh2001
Art Expert

Fri Dec 26, 2014 8:50 pm

Whitey9457 wrote:
mfaith wrote:
jtanner11 wrote:Just opened mine up. The craftsmanship on this is unreal and the larger size of the COA is awesome. They definitely deserve to be framed separately.
I personalty don't understand why someone would frame a certificate of authenticity seperate from the print it's certifying. I know people have done it; i just don't understand it. My frameup will have them paired
I personally don't understand why someone would frame a COA at all... It might be beautiful.... but it is still just a COA...

At first I was thinking that (if I had purchased this) I would probably just tuck the COA in the back of the frame so that they aren't lost/separated, but I'm pretty sure I see merit in keeping the two in different locations... Just in case something got stolen, etc. (although i guess this would be more important with more valuable art)
Doubt someone is gonna care that much to steal a timed edition Horkey with a run size in the 400s off your wall. Even if they did, what's it gonna cost to replace it? $150-200? Wouldn't worry about it, haha.
fitz
Art Expert

Sat Dec 27, 2014 3:53 am

Timbrh2001 wrote:
Whitey9457 wrote:
mfaith wrote:
jtanner11 wrote:Just opened mine up. The craftsmanship on this is unreal and the larger size of the COA is awesome. They definitely deserve to be framed separately.
I personalty don't understand why someone would frame a certificate of authenticity seperate from the print it's certifying. I know people have done it; i just don't understand it. My frameup will have them paired
I personally don't understand why someone would frame a COA at all... It might be beautiful.... but it is still just a COA...

At first I was thinking that (if I had purchased this) I would probably just tuck the COA in the back of the frame so that they aren't lost/separated, but I'm pretty sure I see merit in keeping the two in different locations... Just in case something got stolen, etc. (although i guess this would be more important with more valuable art)
Doubt someone is gonna care that much to steal a timed edition Horkey with a run size in the 400s off your wall. Even if they did, what's it gonna cost to replace it? $150-200? Wouldn't worry about it, haha.
Anti-hype!! With that embossing and coa this is worth $400 or $500 easy! :p
UrsusMorris
Art Expert

Sat Dec 27, 2014 6:24 pm

Well, i'm in love with mine, as was expected. #200.
mattkardish wrote:the polar bear would take the great white to the corner of jabroni drive and know your role boulevard and rock bottom his ass onto that stop sign and finish him off with the people's elbow. clearly y'all can't smell what the polar bear is cookin.
jcbudny
Art Connoisseur

Sat Dec 27, 2014 6:56 pm

UrsusMorris wrote:Well, i'm in love with mine, as was expected. #200.
That's a nice round number!
THC x 3
UrsusMorris
Art Expert

Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:14 pm

That was my thoughts. I can get down on some 200
mattkardish wrote:the polar bear would take the great white to the corner of jabroni drive and know your role boulevard and rock bottom his ass onto that stop sign and finish him off with the people's elbow. clearly y'all can't smell what the polar bear is cookin.
sidewaysscott
Art God

Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:44 pm

Xander wrote:
HappaHaoli wrote:
Received mine tonight. Not much else to say, it's just perfect.
mcnail wrote:Glad folks are enjoying them. We are super proud of how this release turned out. Thanks again.
Thank you, Mitch! Really looking forward to the 2015 releases.

:pint:
All of this. +1
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
UrsusMorris
Art Expert

Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:46 pm

+2 8)
Sithlord32
Art Expert

Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:15 am

Not sure if anyone had seen or was following the progress of the Supersonic Invitational @Spokeart but it looks as though Ruas will be having new work(s) to contribute. Curious to see if whats up and coming from him at the Invitational will be available at The VACVVM in a variant or otherwise.
You can eat from a golden spoon but the cornflakes will taste the same

THC x 5
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:16 pm

thevacvvm wrote:Dropped the last boxes of @aaronhorkey's Black Lake prints at the post office today. We really hope you enjoy them. #thankyousomuch #thevacvvm #aaronhorkey
:pint:
So it goes...
frykitty
Art Connoisseur

Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:55 pm

My tracking says it in Canadian Customs, :roll: uhg what a lame place to be...at least I know it on the way
ImageImageImage
Cragars
Art Expert

Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:59 am

Heh, mine says scheduled delivery by yesterday. :lol:
frykitty
Art Connoisseur

Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:17 pm

Well, Black Lake arrived.... I cant really say anything that hasn't been said already. Beautiful.
ImageImageImage