THE VACVVM: Official Discussion Thread

General art-related discussion.
flatland333
Art Connoisseur

Sat Nov 01, 2014 2:56 am

Particle wrote:
jcbudny wrote:So now that we've popped the top off of TheVACVVM with Aaron's releases today, who are you most excited to see work from next? Personally, I can't wait to see what Ken Taylor releases. Such a great collaboration of artists that comprise TheVACVVM!
DELORT!

:pint:
This
alittle
Art Freak

Sat Nov 01, 2014 2:59 am

Most excited for Ruas. Hope we see an etching or letterpress.
electrachrome
Site Admin

Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:41 am

UrsusMorris wrote:
finneganm wrote:Over under on the letterpress numbers. Line is 600.
I'm gonna say over 950
less than 500
electrachrome
Site Admin

Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:51 am

KSUvet wrote:
HappaHaoli wrote:
For those following Aaron's work, this has been a unicorn since 2006. I never would have expected to own a legit copy of this, just seeing it as a desktop background image.

To some you are right judging it just on image alone. To the Faithful there's way more going on with this one than just a great image.
TheThirdEye wrote: Kind of sounds like many people new to the Horkey scene think this is a new image? This is a classic Horkey painting. It has been a dream for many seasoned Horkey fans for this to become an actual print release. It has been discussed for years. Many thought it would never happen. Today was a complete surprise. It happened, and it's drymounting awesome!

**edit.. yeah what HappaHaoli said.
Well said guys. I'm not even a Horkey old-schooler, but this is why this release hurts and the run seems a little trollish :cry: .
long time collector of Aaron's work and Croatoan isn't in line with my current tastes. Technically I'm sure it's fantastic, but just not for me. My regret is not grabbing one for one of you hardcore fans that aren't subscribers. The letterpress looks great, but imagery of death isn't what I'm into; never has been. I'm hoping for some more peaceful work from THE VACVVM like Holt's wave that was in the NYC show.
alittle
Art Freak

Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:55 am

electrachrome wrote:Holt's wave that was in the NYC show.
Yes please.
middayshadows
Art Expert

Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:40 am

Picked a fine day to sleep extra late.

Congrats to those who seized the moment and got Croatoan . Hope to see it up close someday, even if it is just to examine the craftsmanship behind a giclee/screenprint combo by SD and Burlesque.
jpfondu
Art Expert

Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:23 am

Think they'll ship croatoan and the letterpress together?
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:19 am

jpfondu wrote:Think they'll ship croatoan and the letterpress together?
Folks more in the know than me said earlier that it's unlikely that they will. That previous letterpresses were done on such thick paper, they were shipped flat. Considering the shipping for the two together was $35, it would suggest the same.
So it goes...
Sithlord32
Art Expert

Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:26 am

electrachrome wrote:
long time collector of Aaron's work and Croatoan isn't in line with my current tastes. Technically I'm sure it's fantastic, but just not for me. My regret is not grabbing one for one of you hardcore fans that aren't subscribers. The letterpress looks great, but imagery of death isn't what I'm into; never has been. I'm hoping for some more peaceful work from THE VACVVM like Holt's wave that was in the NYC show.
Wish you had picked one of those up it would be one less that is on eBay!

Its only imagery of death if you view it as such. Not saying your opinion or viewpoint of it is incorrect or wrong just that there's another way to approach it. :pint:
You can eat from a golden spoon but the cornflakes will taste the same

THC x 5
snowrs
Art Connoisseur

Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:50 am

Sithlord32 wrote:
electrachrome wrote:
Wish you had picked one of those up it would be one less that is on eBay!

Its only imagery of death if you view it as such. Not saying your opinion or viewpoint of it is incorrect or wrong just that there's another way to approach it. :pint:
Actually I see a lot of his stuff as adaption and change to thrive in a cruel and changing world. But it is art and means something different to everyone, that's what makes it great.
manonegro
Art Connoisseur

Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:24 am

What a crazy drop. I'm really glad some of the OG Horkey fiends finally got to add this to their collection. Can't wait to see some sick frame ups of this. So many vivid colors in the print to play off of that I'm sure there will be some stunners.

So now we know the letterpress is signed, how awesome would it be if it comes with a COA like the previous ones. Not holding my breath, but man those COAs are a work of art unto themselves.

Next artist I'm hoping for is Ruas.
Image Image
jcbudny
Art Connoisseur

Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:30 am

Tapecat wrote:Birdy collection addition makes me.... :drool:
Ditto, it's all about the birds for my wife and I when it comes to Aaron's work.
THC x 3
HappaHaoli
Art Expert

Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:50 am

I pledge allegiance to the void...
mfaith wrote:Image
Nice job, mfaith. Thanks
Image x6 ImageImage x2
"I had this dream where I relished the fray, and the screaming filled my head all day."
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:20 am

HappaHaoli wrote:I pledge allegiance to the void...
mfaith wrote:Image
Nice job, mfaith. Thanks
:cheers:
So it goes...
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:37 am

alittle wrote:Most excited for Ruas. Hope we see an etching or letterpress.
drymount yes
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.