THE VACVVM: Official Discussion Thread

General art-related discussion.
jjbehren
Flipper

Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:58 am

For sure the bird will, IMO. That's an edition of 80. The waves might, but probably very few of them.

And I bought the Vania bear shirt and it's awesome.
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:58 am

jayper wrote:Anyone think the Holt's will see an online release?

The edition number seemed pretty low, so I would assume not.
Yeah, from what i've heard roughly half the run of each sold. So there should be some for online sale, i suspect.
So it goes...
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:41 am

It's kind of interesting how many of the portfolio extras have gone unaccounted for (at least from what I've seen). Like nobody's come forward saying that they got Aaron's remarque or Jes' bats, for example. I wonder if some folks just haven't opened theirs up yet (out of town, or super busy, etc). Or, of course, i'm sure some went to people not on EB or the Facebook groups.
So it goes...
smellmysocks73
Art Expert

Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:51 am

And...the entire run hasn't been sold yet.
srdzevon said, "Oh fudge!!! That's awesome! I hate you".
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:04 am

smellmysocks73 wrote:And...the entire run hasn't been sold yet.
Hmm. True enough. I just sort of assumed (perhaps incorrectly so), that the extras were only put in the initial online sale. I guess they could also be in the ones reserved for convention appearances.
So it goes...
DickButt
Art Expert

Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:07 am

mfaith wrote:It's kind of interesting how many of the portfolio extras have gone unaccounted for (at least from what I've seen). Like nobody's come forward saying that they got Aaron's remarque or Jes' bats, for example. I wonder if some folks just haven't opened theirs up yet (out of town, or super busy, etc). Or, of course, i'm sure some went to people not on EB or the Facebook groups.
108 in EB collections. That's less than half the run. I think you found your answer.
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:13 am

DickButt wrote:
mfaith wrote:It's kind of interesting how many of the portfolio extras have gone unaccounted for (at least from what I've seen). Like nobody's come forward saying that they got Aaron's remarque or Jes' bats, for example. I wonder if some folks just haven't opened theirs up yet (out of town, or super busy, etc). Or, of course, i'm sure some went to people not on EB or the Facebook groups.
108 in EB collections. That's less than half the run. I think you found your answer.
lol, not really. I look in a lot more places than just EB. e.g. the VACVVM FB group is pretty active and a number of folks there aren't here. #thevacvvm on IG, etc.
So it goes...
profbobo
Art Connoisseur

Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:00 pm

Anyone know how to get ahold of someone about a bent print in my portfolio? Been trying to get them since early August, tried the two addresses I had (from their general contact page as well as the shipping notice).
ImageImage
jjbehren
Flipper

Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:06 pm

I talked to Mitch at Autoptic. Aaron's remarque was accounted for. "Winner" is not on EB, AFAIK.
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:10 pm

jjbehren wrote:
I talked to Mitch at Autoptic. Aaron's remarque was accounted for. "Winner" is not on EB, AFAIK.
Perfect use of quotations.
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:19 pm

jjbehren wrote:
Ah, right on. Thanks. :pint:
So it goes...
DeadHand
Art Expert

Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:54 pm

do shirts run true to size or larger/smaller?
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:06 pm

DeadHand wrote:do shirts run true to size or larger/smaller?
So it goes...
xbrc
Art Expert

Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:10 pm

DeadHand wrote:do shirts run true to size or larger/smaller?
Mitch's answer was better. 8)
Last edited by xbrc on Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Darkknight37
Art Expert

Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:11 pm

Grabbed two shirts, a pin, and a patch :pint: