Wish i'd been around for that.
So it goes...
MagiaOrganica
Art Connoisseur

Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:07 am

mfaith wrote:
Xander wrote:The Eryops Rose box set?
I just wish the price had been in my budget.
aznpunkyu
Art Connoisseur

Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:36 am

SPICOLEI wrote:
aznpunkyu wrote:
MaxCollinsII wrote:Hi. I am wondering if there is any examples of Aaron's Croatoan framed? I was super lucky and bought one thru vacuum and I am curious how people are framing theirs. Thanks in advance. Max
I dropped mine off last week, hopefully getting in a week and I'll post.
What matting/frame are you going with? I have a framing appointment coming up and I'm having a hard time deciding on an idea.
I went with single white matte, slightly off white, because the framer said it would give depth to the print. This should be the frame http://www.arqadia.co.uk/productdetails ... mno=520752. I asked to have the frame steel wool rubbed to bring out more of silver color (since the sample she had was more black) so that the black and silver would match more of the egg and the vacvvm design. Really excited to see how it'll turn out
Image THC x 3
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:51 am

thevacvvm wrote:"The Wanton Sea" prints are heading to their new homes. We hope you enjoy them as much as we have. #newtissuepaperalert #illustration #screenprint #shipping

That tissue paper's the fudge. Need to get me a pack of that. XD
So it goes...
MagiaOrganica
Art Connoisseur

Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:58 am

Did Mitch say if these would have the Vacvvm embossing?
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:58 am

MagiaOrganica wrote:Did Mitch say if these would have the Vacvvm embossing?
Yes
So it goes...
MagiaOrganica
Art Connoisseur

Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:01 am

mfaith wrote:
MagiaOrganica wrote:Did Mitch say if these would have the Vacvvm embossing?
Yes
Even better!
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:02 am

Well, just so I'm not accidentally putting words in his mouth. This was what was said:
mcnail wrote:
sidewaysscott wrote:doesn't appear that jessicas print has the vacvvm blind stamp or any vacvvm indicator, is that correct?
It does.
So it goes...
SPICOLEI
Art Connoisseur

Thu Dec 11, 2014 3:48 am

aznpunkyu wrote:I went with single white matte, slightly off white, because the framer said it would give depth to the print. This should be the frame http://www.arqadia.co.uk/productdetails ... mno=520752. I asked to have the frame steel wool rubbed to bring out more of silver color (since the sample she had was more black) so that the black and silver would match more of the egg and the vacvvm design. Really excited to see how it'll turn out
:drool: Excellent moulding choice! Can't wait to see the pics!
Image Image Image Image
UrsusMorris
Art Expert

Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:12 am

mfaith wrote:
You were... At least i could have sworn you were anyways.
aznpunkyu wrote:
SPICOLEI wrote:
aznpunkyu wrote:
MaxCollinsII wrote:Hi. I am wondering if there is any examples of Aaron's Croatoan framed? I was super lucky and bought one thru vacuum and I am curious how people are framing theirs. Thanks in advance. Max
I dropped mine off last week, hopefully getting in a week and I'll post.
What matting/frame are you going with? I have a framing appointment coming up and I'm having a hard time deciding on an idea.
I went with single white matte, slightly off white, because the framer said it would give depth to the print. This should be the frame http://www.arqadia.co.uk/productdetails ... mno=520752. I asked to have the frame steel wool rubbed to bring out more of silver color (since the sample she had was more black) so that the black and silver would match more of the egg and the vacvvm design. Really excited to see how it'll turn out
Pretty sure that's the moulding i used on my Griffin.

mattkardish wrote:the polar bear would take the great white to the corner of jabroni drive and know your role boulevard and rock bottom his ass onto that stop sign and finish him off with the people's elbow. clearly y'all can't smell what the polar bear is cookin.
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:13 am

UrsusMorris wrote:
mfaith wrote:
You were... At least i could have sworn you were anyways.
Unfortunately not.
So it goes...
UrsusMorris
Art Expert

Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:20 am

I know they were available for preorder around early September, but i think you had to receive the email or somethin. Supposedly the leftovers were available to the general public at a later time. I could be way off base on all this, and if so, whoops. It was like $615, so i said fuuuuck that lol.
mattkardish wrote:the polar bear would take the great white to the corner of jabroni drive and know your role boulevard and rock bottom his ass onto that stop sign and finish him off with the people's elbow. clearly y'all can't smell what the polar bear is cookin.
MGW
Art Expert

Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:39 am

UrsusMorris wrote:
aznpunkyu wrote:I went with single white matte, slightly off white, because the framer said it would give depth to the print. This should be the frame http://www.arqadia.co.uk/productdetails ... mno=520752. I asked to have the frame steel wool rubbed to bring out more of silver color (since the sample she had was more black) so that the black and silver would match more of the egg and the vacvvm design. Really excited to see how it'll turn out
Pretty sure that's the moulding i used on my Griffin.

Look forward to seeing how your Croatoan turns out aznpunkyu. I used that frame on an OTA but was painted silver versus steel wool.
image.jpg
Last edited by MGW on Thu Dec 11, 2014 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- In the end it's the beast and the fowl that will reclaim the world.
UrsusMorris
Art Expert

Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:56 am

Nice! It's a beautiful moulding. I gotta give my girlfriend the props though, she's the one who picked that moulding out. I love her 8)
Stingers
Art Expert

Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:57 am

I've got that on my Dracula, it's a beauty.