THE VACVVM: Official Discussion Thread

General art-related discussion.
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Thu May 03, 2018 12:27 pm

greenhorn1 wrote:Also the regular appears to have serif editioning where the variant is just regular numbering.

EDIT: although i'm pretty sure that doesn't say /150 so maybe it's an AP or PP or something.
It says AP
So it goes...
KSUvet
Art Expert

Thu May 03, 2018 12:28 pm

35mmpaul wrote:
KSUvet wrote:150?! That's a troll edition, bro, especially if the RO copies come out of that. The THC number this last year was over 100 alone.
I think RO is only like 20 or so.
Yeah, I was thinking 20-30, but that's 15-20% less for gen-pop. Also, it looks like the gray one in the photo is a AP anyway, so that part is probably irrelevant. Still, if Palimpsest will sell 455 and Snare 640, 150 seems hype-drivingly low.
"I see dudes using cotton gloves on prints that I know were printed while someone was drinking a beer or eating Cheetos, while water leaked from the ceiling. And I'm not even talking about my shop!" - alexfugazi
hunterjax
Art Expert

Thu May 03, 2018 12:42 pm

I love the blue. Can't wait to fail on either/both.
bmd1191
Art Expert

Thu May 03, 2018 1:34 pm

Love both of these. Can't wait to see a full picture of the red as well. Good luck to everyone trying tomorrow. I know I will probably strike out myself lol.
bubbie
Art Expert

Thu May 03, 2018 1:40 pm

I prefer the blue as well. And I think it is a better and cleaner image without colour, so I am glad it is not a full-colour print. Off work tomorrow, so it will be much harder to score :lol:
agr719
Art Expert

Thu May 03, 2018 1:53 pm

aznpunkyu wrote:no pricing on the capsule or what all comes in it?
mfaith wrote:Just spitballing here, but with the tease of the Black Osprey enamel pin, I think he just means that there'll be a collection of offerings available from him including the prints, and the pin, and perhaps some other stuff. He used similar language when Teagan had her first set of releases with the group, which was a collection of things that she had created, including a print, t-shirt, and pins:
aaronhorkey wrote:Vernal Equinox (detail) by Teagan White { @teaganwh } - a new limited edition 7 color screenprint releasing today at 12pm CST via @thevacvvm Her inaugural VACVVM capsule collection also includes a beautiful new tshirt and a pair of stunning enamel pins - make haste, people... Teagan's work continues to confound & amaze, she's continuously expanding her brilliantly detailed worlds while flexing her otherworldly chops across any medium she chooses to utilize - beyond thrilled to have her among the ranks at The VACVVM & terrified/excited to see where she takes us next. #teaganwhite #thevacvvm #vernalequinox #proteam #upthewolves
It would appear that "capsule" in this case only means "here are several Black Osprey items that are being released at the same time," and not a literal package of said items collected together.
mcnail wrote:Ha, EB, y'all crazy.
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Thu May 03, 2018 2:04 pm

aaronhorkey wrote:Detail view of the two versions of the Colossus Aground screenprint which will be released tomorrow, May 4th, at 2PM CST via @thevacvvm Gray edition of 150 pieces/Blue edition of 85 pieces both printed in 8 layers on Lettra Crane Fluorescent White 110# 100% cotton stock, 25”x 15”. Printed by @benbrlsq with imaging by @bradkeech & separations/prepress assistance via Jon Smith & @jasonknudson Thank you. #aaronhorkey #thevacvvm #colossusaground #bloodwitness
So it goes...
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Thu May 03, 2018 2:10 pm

Appears the Megafauna edition will have Japanese lettering for the title text. :pint:

So it goes...
Traxs
Art Enthusiast

Thu May 03, 2018 2:25 pm

Any guesses on price for the red edition?
jrsheppa
Art Expert

Thu May 03, 2018 2:45 pm

I feel like this is the first print I have seen in over a year that I actually have any interest in owning.
Baker
Art Expert

Thu May 03, 2018 3:12 pm

Traxs wrote:Any guesses on price for the red edition?
More than these. In general Mega Fauna editions are usually smaller and given that, also more pricey.
ironjaiden wrote: "'Weener in June' is completely sold out, thanks for the interest"
halflife78
Art Connoisseur

Thu May 03, 2018 4:50 pm

Welp, I am in to try and fail to get it tomorrow lol.
aldobishalini
Art Connoisseur

Thu May 03, 2018 6:15 pm

Baker wrote:
More than these. In general Mega Fauna editions are usually smaller and given that, also more pricey.
Is Mega Fauna having a completely separate release date with their red version? Haven't seen any info yet.
BISHALINI.com (My Collection) Image

“Weather forecast for tonight: dark. Continued dark overnight, with widely scattered light by morning.”
Kramerica
Art Freak

Thu May 03, 2018 6:16 pm

aldobishalini wrote:
Baker wrote:
Is Mega Fauna having a completely separate release date with their red version? Haven't seen any info yet.
I don't think any has been announced.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
aldobishalini
Art Connoisseur

Thu May 03, 2018 6:24 pm

I love the Japanese title text... That makes it a game changer for me. Going for the red.
BISHALINI.com (My Collection) Image

“Weather forecast for tonight: dark. Continued dark overnight, with widely scattered light by morning.”