THE VACVVM: Official Discussion Thread

General art-related discussion.
User avatar
michaelmillichamp
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 703
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:53 am

Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:17 pm

Codeblue wrote:Image
Image
User avatar
35mmpaul
Art Expert
Posts: 8456
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:40 pm
Location: NYC

Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:34 pm

Don't care that I'm late to the dance party.

Image
jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!
User avatar
bullelk
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 557
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:57 pm

Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:31 am

colorful theme or disco or am I overthinking it?

Image
User avatar
ccsmd598
Art Expert
Posts: 2064
Joined: Wed May 04, 2016 5:33 pm

Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:17 pm

Ruas up! :pint:
Ya'll see the leprechaun say yaaaaaa!
User avatar
frykitty
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 248
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2014 3:56 pm
Location: too far north

Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:08 pm

ccsmd598 wrote:Ruas up! :pint:
I feel like I love 99% of his work, unfortunately this falls in the 1% category... Would maybe take a shot for the hand embellished skull though...
ImageImageImage
User avatar
ccsmd598
Art Expert
Posts: 2064
Joined: Wed May 04, 2016 5:33 pm

Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:17 pm

frykitty wrote:
ccsmd598 wrote:Ruas up! :pint:
I feel like I love 99% of his work, unfortunately this falls in the 1% category... Would maybe take a shot for the hand embellished skull though...
Yeah I agree - I was 50/50 about it but the 55$ price point and the chance of the hand-embellishment was good enough for me. I think this one is similar to 'Galo'. I think it'll look cool in person though. I was hoping he'd release one of his 'Geist' prints - I would take ANY of those as a print.

Also 1) I love dogs 2) small piece, easy to frame
Ya'll see the leprechaun say yaaaaaa!
User avatar
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus
Posts: 52227
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:50 pm
Location: Austin, TX

Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:28 pm

Might be worth mentioning, there's a few number gap in catalog numbers, which means there's probably a few things queued up... :)
So it goes...
User avatar
ccsmd598
Art Expert
Posts: 2064
Joined: Wed May 04, 2016 5:33 pm

Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:40 pm

mfaith wrote:Might be worth mentioning, there's a few number gap in catalog numbers, which means there's probably a few things queued up... :)
Image
Ya'll see the leprechaun say yaaaaaa!
User avatar
frykitty
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 248
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2014 3:56 pm
Location: too far north

Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:06 pm

ccsmd598 wrote:
frykitty wrote:
ccsmd598 wrote:Ruas up! :pint:
I feel like I love 99% of his work, unfortunately this falls in the 1% category... Would maybe take a shot for the hand embellished skull though...
Yeah I agree - I was 50/50 about it but the 55$ price point and the chance of the hand-embellishment was good enough for me. I think this one is similar to 'Galo'. I think it'll look cool in person though. I was hoping he'd release one of his 'Geist' prints - I would take ANY of those as a print.

Also 1) I love dogs 2) small piece, easy to frame
Yes! Anything from Geist would have me throwing my wallet away
ImageImageImage
User avatar
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus
Posts: 52227
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:50 pm
Location: Austin, TX

Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:03 am

So it goes...
bohmanj
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 151
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:17 am
Location: Dayton, Ohio

Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:16 pm

omgomgomgomgomg

YES. Great movie and Jessica? This makes my day.
User avatar
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus
Posts: 52227
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:50 pm
Location: Austin, TX

Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:39 pm

sutfin wrote:Envenomed and Immobile - ink in Moleskine, 2K17 #wip #thevacvvm #mikesutfin
So it goes...
User avatar
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus
Posts: 52227
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:50 pm
Location: Austin, TX

Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:43 pm

sutfin wrote:Vitellius [Detail] in progress, oil on paper, 2K17 #wip #thevacvvm #thevacvvmv1 #embersv1 #mikesutfin
So it goes...
User avatar
greenhorn1
Art Expert
Posts: 8779
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2006 12:00 am

Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:46 pm

I'm reeeeeally hoping that sutfin is for the september show.
ISO Horkey Stacy Lowery Paleo Deck. $$$$$$$ (or trade)
User avatar
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus
Posts: 52227
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:50 pm
Location: Austin, TX

Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:48 pm

greenhorn1 wrote:I'm reeeeeally hoping that sutfin is for the september show.
He has a ton of pieces queued up though, right? Certainly more than what I'd suspect would be part of a multi-artist show. I kind of thought he was building out a solo show with all of these. But of course that's just pure conjecture.
So it goes...
Post Reply