THE VACVVM: Official Discussion Thread

General art-related discussion.
fallchild
Art Connoisseur

Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:13 am

Awesome, I'm anxious to see it. Really hoping they spread out the online drops of leftovers a little bit because I want too many of these right now.
veltri
Art Expert

Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:14 am

Love Machinehat! Is there more info on it?
strongstuff wrote: i want to watch those fools squirm.
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:16 am

veltri wrote:Love Machinehat! Is there more info on it?
The original painting was one of Joao's pieces in the recent Gilded Age gallery show at Thinkspace.
So it goes...
veltri
Art Expert

Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:20 am

Thanks, it's a great piece!
strongstuff wrote: i want to watch those fools squirm.
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Sun Oct 11, 2015 11:55 am

I don't think this was ever posted here. It's one of the new shirts from the Mondo-Con booth. :pint:

So it goes...
JasonBourne
Art Connoisseur

Sun Oct 11, 2015 12:49 pm

^^^ Nice! If that tee makes it way online I will be grabbing one along with KT's Red Moon if I can *fingers crossed*.
sidewaysscott
Art God

Sun Oct 11, 2015 1:51 pm

love the shirt.
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Sun Oct 11, 2015 2:14 pm

Brandon's new piece from Mondo-Con.

So it goes...
frykitty
Art Connoisseur

Sun Oct 11, 2015 2:39 pm

veltri wrote:Love Machinehat! Is there more info on it?
My body is ready
ImageImageImage
profbobo
Art Connoisseur

Sun Oct 11, 2015 4:23 pm

Oh dang, just saw that shirt. Super dope. Hope that makes it online.
ImageImage
Thalass
Art Connoisseur

Sun Oct 11, 2015 4:42 pm

Any further info on the Horkey interview from MondoCon? Thought I saw it mentioned earlier in the thread that it'd appear on the AiD podcast, but I don't see it yet so I assume it's still being edited and prepared for upload. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't mistaken and that it wasn't a MondoCon exclusive interview or anything.

EDIT: Just heard on the latest episode that MondoCon interviews will be appearing on AiD until late DECEMBER. No idea where Horkey is slotted into that schedule, though.
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:01 pm

Not sure where you heard that, but the first interview already aired last week (Scott C). Aaron and Mitch's interview was the very last in the schedule, and Brickey has a ton of content to go through and put out before he gets to theirs (assuming he goes in order). So I do think he'll be putting some of them out before December, but depending on how quickly he makes it through the content, Aaron's may not be published until then...
So it goes...
Thalass
Art Connoisseur

Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:09 pm

mfaith wrote:Not sure where you heard that, but the first interview already aired last week (Scott C). Aaron and Mitch's interview was the very last in the schedule, and Brickey has a ton of content to go through and put out before he gets to theirs (assuming he goes in order). So I do think he'll be putting some of them out before December, but depending on how quickly he makes it through the content, Aaron's may not be published until then...
Yeah, heard the Scott C. one, and the MondoCon Ken Taylor one before that. Horkey being the last interviewee makes sense I guess, not only for the reasons you describe, but also because Brickey mentioned that he was spreading out the content because he didn't want people to start thinking "man, this show sucks now, this guy used to have guys like Horkey on here, and now there's nothing..."

Guess he's making fun of people like me :lol: In all seriousness I've listened to a couple dozen AiD episodes and find them quite good, but I'm really looking forward to the Horkey interview because it's so rare. Interested in what Aaron has to say about his art, process, etc., assuming they talked about that stuff in the interview.
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:16 pm

Mark has gotten quite good over the last year as he's focused exclusive on the podcast. I do think he still has room for growth, mainly in letting his guests talk more. Has a tendency to dominate the conversation from time to time. But even that's been improving. I enjoy listening whenever he has an artist I'm into. Or Mitch. Mitch's monthly appearance is always worth a listen. One of the Mondo-Con ones you'll definitely want to keep an eye out for is the Landland one. Assuming he was able to recover all of the audio, it should prove to be one of the best.
Wonder if he'll release the audio for the VACVVM panel he moderated. That would be rad. :pint:
So it goes...
greenhorn1
Art Expert

Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:17 pm

mfaith wrote: I do think he still has room for growth, mainly in letting his guests talk more. Has a tendency to dominate the conversation from time to time. But even that's been improving.
I subscribed and listened for a month maybe 6 months ago and while I loved the content I wasn't very enamored of Mark as an interviewer, mostly due to his talkative style of interview. No slam on him I just don't think it really appealed to me. Now if Mitch was the host it would be a must listen. His episodes are always worth hearing and the one he did with both mitch and rob jones (from SXSW i think?) was one of the funniest things I've heard all year. I do think i'll sign back up and give it another chance though, especially with all the mondocon interviews on the way.
ISO Horkey Stacy Lowery Paleo Deck. $$$$$$$ (or trade)