THE VACVVM: Official Discussion Thread

General art-related discussion.
BadassArt
Art Connoisseur

Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:25 pm

35mmpaul wrote:Well to be fair alot of Horkey's blind birds are carrying the string that is red. So its definitely in theme with the rest of them. But I could definitely see how it might clash. Interested to see it in person.

I'm really feeling the Holt. I've seen alot of his stuff at Hyperstoic in person and the details of his stuff blow me away every time.

And the clarity on stuffin's line work is really exciting to see.

I can only recall a few that have a red string most aren't red... Midwestern Heart, Sigur Ros and NCB, and Irruption are the only ones with red strings that I can think of
cgriff
Art Connoisseur

Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:43 pm

MaxCollinsII wrote:How do we do a count of who's print is most sought after in this series? after Aaron's Irruption of course.Is success always based on after market price? Do people trade?
Hm, aftermarket demand would let you know. Just keep an eye on eBay sales. :roll:

Now back to the art. Michael I just went back and looked some more at Mursi. I remember how impressed I was when the early sketch work was leaked. The development and color are beautiful. He seems to be on a little of a tribal kick this year. And I am a sucker for his birds. This would look great paired with his Recent Avett Brothers, orby itself in my guest bedroom which is where it is going.
cgriff
Art Connoisseur

Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:53 pm

Sorry MaxCollins that came out very dickish. Yes aftermarket demand will present itself in secondary pricing and high value trade offers. People tend to favor.popular artists. I would imagine Horkey and Taylor will top the list around here to begin with. Hopefully the portfolio will expose more people to more very talented artists. Again sorry for that unnecessary eye roll emoji.
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:54 pm

cgriff wrote:Now back to the art. Michael I just went back and looked some more at Mursi. I remember how impressed I was when the early sketch work was leaked. The development and color are beautiful. He seems to be on a little of a tribal kick this year. And I am a sucker for his birds. This would look great paired with his Recent Avett Brothers, orby itself in my guest bedroom which is where it is going.
I would love to see Mursi, Kachou Fuugetsu, Avett Brothers and Pixies all hung together. I imagine that would be pretty remarkable.
So it goes...
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:59 pm

Image Image
Image Image
So it goes...
hax0n
Art Expert

Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:12 pm

Codeblue wrote:Not really
electrachrome wrote:None of us who are responsible for this website really have any idea how it works
Cragars
Art Expert

Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:24 pm

fitz wrote:
finneganm wrote:
bethemonkey wrote:Vacvvm = Mondo thread. Never thought I would see the day.
Was pretty sure that would happen day one.
Shouldn't it have been expected from day one (given that its run by Mitch and one of the key Mondo artists and most of the other artists are also Mondo-related artists so it was always bound to have more or less the same fan base)?
How is having an opposing opinion on how things went whether you bought it, missed out or opted out akin to behavior in the devolved cesspool that is the Mondo thread?

It's not "hating" or whatever bullshit the recent generation calls any behavior that isn't that of a sheep or fanboy. What you have here is a discussion thread, not a "reach arounds or gtfo" thread. There's a healthy mix of praise and criticism and discussions over the art and all the teasers, closeups and process shots. It hasn't degenerated into something similar to a kid unwrapping a present, looking at it, then throwing it behind him to open the next; that is the Mondo thread.

----------

I like the way KT's print is similar to the nicer Baizleys out there as far as the fit and finish. :drool:
cgriff
Art Connoisseur

Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:30 pm

Cragars that might be the best simile I have heard to describe the Mondo thread.
rubberneck
Art God

Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:38 pm

Cragars wrote:
fitz wrote:
finneganm wrote:
Shouldn't it have been expected from day one (given that its run by Mitch and one of the key Mondo artists and most of the other artists are also Mondo-related artists so it was always bound to have more or less the same fan base)?
How is having an opposing opinion on how things went whether you bought it, missed out or opted out akin to behavior in the devolved cesspool that is the Mondo thread?

It's not "hating" or whatever bullshit the recent generation calls any behavior that isn't that of a sheep or fanboy. What you have here is a discussion thread, not a "reach arounds or gtfo" thread. There's a healthy mix of praise and criticism and discussions over the art and all the teasers, closeups and process shots. It hasn't degenerated into something similar to a kid unwrapping a present, looking at it, then throwing it behind him to open the next; that is the Mondo thread.
Sometimes folks forget it's simply an art forum that is in no way affiliated with any galleries or art stores.

Aka...remember where you are.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
jkw3000
EB Team

Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:57 pm

35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
Cragars
Art Expert

Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:11 pm

Also, it's GOOD for a business or artist to receive such a mix of criticism and praise. Either way, people are talking about you and your product. Customers past, present and future care enough to speak up. People liking everything, every time is a fantasy. What's happening here is the best possible scenario you can hope for. It's certainly preferable to people not discussing you or your product whether they like it or not.
ryanfromindiana
Art Expert

Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:13 am

I haven't kept up with what I'm sure is enlightening conversation. After checking these out there is no way the folks that grabbed these won't be happy once they see them. I have no ties to anyone, in fact I borderline dislike everyone, but this was a good buy.
I love and treasure individuals as I meet them, I loathe and despise the groups they identify with and belong to.
PrintNoob87
Art Expert

Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:03 am

There are no borders when it comes to my dislike - I hate everyone equally.
fitz
Art Expert

Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:40 am

Cragars wrote:
fitz wrote:
finneganm wrote:

All i am saying is the people posting in here tend to be the same people that you see posting in the mondo thread so its not surprising to see similar posts - the personalities tend to remain the same regardless of the thread - its not like you are comparing the thread to say a gig poster thread where you have a lot of very different people posting [/quote]
DreadNattyman
Art Enthusiast

Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:55 am

if any one is having second thoughts I'll take it off your hands!

:pint: