THE VACVVM: Official Discussion Thread

General art-related discussion.
comountaingolf
Art Expert

Sat Jul 18, 2015 1:24 am

rubberneck wrote:Please note criticism of artists and sales techniques is strictly forbidden.

Please post only :drool: :drool: :drool: and :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
I just don't see any manipulative sales tactics involved. We know the artists in the collective, we've had teasers of pretty much all the images over the past 4-5 months and it would have sold out to Horkey, Taylor and Vania fans alone who are/would be more than happy with the purchase. Just don't see how this was anything but smooth.
Jim Carr wrote:The fans are standing up to them! The security guards are standing up to them! The peanut vendors are standing up to them!
> THC X 9 <
comountaingolf
Art Expert

Sat Jul 18, 2015 1:26 am

As an aside for Bryn... If your dog gets lost you don't look for an hour then call it quits. You get your ass out there and you find that drymounting dog. :lol:
Jim Carr wrote:The fans are standing up to them! The security guards are standing up to them! The peanut vendors are standing up to them!
> THC X 9 <
comountaingolf
Art Expert

Sat Jul 18, 2015 1:26 am

Timbrh2001 wrote:
bryndavies wrote:Id bet more than 260, and I don't knowwhatthefuckimtkingabout. But I think I'm right.
:lol: :clap: :lol:
> THC X 9 <
Cragars
Art Expert

Sat Jul 18, 2015 1:29 am

Note that I didn't say manipulative. Just saying, "bro, it might be a little of this too so settle."
comountaingolf
Art Expert

Sat Jul 18, 2015 1:31 am

Yeah, my play on words after more than a few pulls on the ROOR... my bad :wink:
> THC X 9 <
Timbrh2001
Art Expert

Sat Jul 18, 2015 1:37 am

bmerel wrote:Great day today. +1 set and +1 wife.

:pint:
Great day here too. +1 set, +1 gave my company 2 weeks notice of my retirement.

bryndavies
Art Expert

Sat Jul 18, 2015 1:45 am

ROOOOOOOR. Damngermans.
ImageT.K.C.
comountaingolf
Art Expert

Sat Jul 18, 2015 1:52 am

l'm Navajo, of the Bitter Water People, born for the Towering House Clan.

:silly:
> THC X 9 <
slunkey
Art Connoisseur

Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:01 am

Just caught up on some reading. Great release you guys, I wish I could have pulled the trigger but I have been trying to cut back my spending in preparation of MondoCon. Great images iambillyg, you take some damn good pictures.

Really like the Sutfin by the way, can't wait to see what other stuff he comes up with through Vacvvm.
LeeKaye
Art Expert

Sat Jul 18, 2015 3:56 am

bubbie wrote:It will be an announcement and reveal, no drop.

Thanks for the tip.
TheBeard
Art Expert

Sat Jul 18, 2015 4:05 am

Haha i'm drunk as fudge ybut 7500 for the new Horkey BWAHAHAHA
Woodrocket podcast - http://itun.es/us/8lNFJ.c
DonPiano
Art Expert

Sat Jul 18, 2015 7:02 am

bmerel wrote:Great day today. +1 set and +1 wife.

Mitch was dropping wives as well? Man, see, this is what I'm talking about... if they'd advertised in advance I could have been prepared dammit.
The Curb

Friends and Like-Minded Souls of webuyyourkids Facebook Group

Hotdogs are not sandwiches.

Friends & Family don't let Friends & Family send money via Friends & Family.
wottagunn
Art Expert

Sat Jul 18, 2015 7:26 am

DonPiano wrote:The Taylor is sublime. Here's my 'bad sleep gripe' - if this is something that had been planned on all along, why not at least say prior to this that, hey guys, we're planning a port folio, it'll be a while, but it'll be worth it? Would have made the 'teases' over the months worth it.

I am slightly saddened that the Taylor's part of the port folio (and I do hope it's not a sign of what the trend will be in the future, because dammit, I won't be able to afford $US300 on port folios for one print each time) but will definitely track it down on the aftermarket.

Congrats to those who got it.
I agree that a little hint as to what it was would've been nice. Just to say it's a portfolio. Then I know whether to set an alarm or not.
That's a big issue I think with releases. No one gives a drymount about people outside of the US.
If I had known it was the 8 prints, I would've made an effort. But no way I was going to bother without knowing.
I know it sounds like I'm a little bitch but whatever. I've got enough fudge on without having to get up early and drymount around with our (aussie) fudge internet in hopes of getting something that hasn't even been revealed.
DonPiano
Art Expert

Sat Jul 18, 2015 7:42 am

Couldn't agree more. I get that the 'mystery' is there for the release and understand Mitch's point of view regarding wanting to help create that mystery and build up some kind of hype for the release. But, when you've got a wide array of artists - some international ones as well - it'd be nice to have some consideration for international folk to give a heads up to say 'hey, here's an idea of what we're releasing'. For me, the release was at 3am on a week day - now, for an international print collector, that's life, but I'd have loved knowing if I was sleeping through something I'd have purchased or not.
The Curb

Friends and Like-Minded Souls of webuyyourkids Facebook Group

Hotdogs are not sandwiches.

Friends & Family don't let Friends & Family send money via Friends & Family.
IWish
Art Expert

Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:36 am

mcnail wrote:Did you guys click in to the product at all?