THE VACVVM: Official Discussion Thread

General art-related discussion.
agr719
Art Expert

Mon May 11, 2015 3:28 pm

Maybe these "small scenes within a circle" will be a running theme for him moving forward :shock: :P

I do love that effect, though :pint:
mcnail wrote:Ha, EB, y'all crazy.
cgriff
Art Connoisseur

Mon May 11, 2015 8:45 pm

Awesome piece, love me some amphibians and insects.
KSUvet
Art Expert

Mon May 11, 2015 8:52 pm

ISO toadxbeetle :clap: . Never seen that one before.
"I see dudes using cotton gloves on prints that I know were printed while someone was drinking a beer or eating Cheetos, while water leaked from the ceiling. And I'm not even talking about my shop!" - alexfugazi
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Mon May 11, 2015 10:38 pm

:drool: :drool:

I hope irruption drops this week. That looks drymounting fantastic :clap:
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
longchamps
Art Connoisseur

Wed May 13, 2015 4:57 pm

Some interesting stuff from Mitch's latest AID podcast:

Delort print drops in the next week or two
"our biggest release yet" a week or two after that
Beyond that a number of other prints, shirts, and "products" will be released leading up to the Gilded Age in September.

Still listening, but found those bits pretty interesting.
agr719
Art Expert

Wed May 13, 2015 6:04 pm

longchamps wrote:Some interesting stuff from Mitch's latest AID podcast:

Delort print drops in the next week or two
"our biggest release yet" a week or two after that

Beyond that a number of other prints, shirts, and "products" will be released leading up to the Gilded Age in September.

Still listening, but found those bits pretty interesting.
Hot damn :clap:
mcnail wrote:Ha, EB, y'all crazy.
Thalass
Art Connoisseur

Wed May 13, 2015 6:24 pm

But this raises so many questions.

If the "biggest drop yet" is a multi-artist release, why not include Delort in the drop? Similarly, if Horkey's contribution (not to mention Sutfin's etc.) has been completed, printed, and teased, why give sneakpeeks weeks in advance? We got Horkey's teases a week or so ago, and Mike's maybe a month or more back, and yet the release is supposedly still 2-4 weeks out.

Something strange is afoot. I'm eager to watch this unfold.
greenhorn1
Art Expert

Wed May 13, 2015 6:41 pm

Thalass wrote:But this raises so many questions.

If the "biggest drop yet" is a multi-artist release, why not include Delort in the drop? Similarly, if Horkey's contribution (not to mention Sutfin's etc.) has been completed, printed, and teased, why give sneakpeeks weeks in advance? We got Horkey's teases a week or so ago, and Mike's maybe a month or more back, and yet the release is supposedly still 2-4 weeks out.

Time works differently in a vacvvm.
ISO Horkey Stacy Lowery Paleo Deck. $$$$$$$ (or trade)
SteveGo
Art Connoisseur

Wed May 13, 2015 6:44 pm

Thalass wrote:If the "biggest drop yet" is a multi-artist release
Who said it's a multi-artist release?
biscocrack420
Art Expert

Wed May 13, 2015 7:17 pm

Thalass wrote:But this raises so many questions.

You may be over analyzing too
Thalass
Art Connoisseur

Wed May 13, 2015 7:38 pm

SteveGo wrote:
Thalass wrote:If the "biggest drop yet" is a multi-artist release
Who said it's a multi-artist release?

No one, I'm speculating. Although this has been a topic of discussion for a few pages now (that is, the simultaneous drop of a few different pieces).
You may be over analyzing too
Totally possible. But, having not listened to the podcast myself, it sounds like no releases are planned until next week, at which time we'll see Delort's offering. No other drops are given timelines aside from "the biggest drop yet", and that's set to release a week or two after Delort's piece. Seeing as it is rather uncharacteristic of the Vacvvm to place one artist's work above another (this is an artists collective after all...no one's here to pat their own egos), I'd assume the big drop features a number of different pieces. We also know that Horkey, Sutfin, Taylor, and maybe more (?) have projects ready or nearly ready for release. So I'm just putting two and two together here.

But yeah, maybe I'm totally out to pasture. "Biggest drop yet" could be literal. Maybe the print is huge (physically), or has a bunch of ephemera associated with it, a la Rose Shards. Maybe its the most expensive. I don't have any answers obviously, but the above seems more sensible to me than the alternatives.
jkw3000
EB Team

Wed May 13, 2015 7:54 pm

I would doubt their biggest release yet would be a multi-artist drop...the whole lead-up to starting VACVVM was one artist at a time, and I have the feeling (also pure speculation) that Mitch wouldn't really want the artists' releases to compete with each other since the VACVVM's been a showcase for them. Plus, "biggest" doesn't have to be in reference to being more important as it is a reasonable knowledge of anticipation (with all due respect to the other artists, and keeping in mind my favorite on the list is Delort, Horkey tends to get a lot of hype behind him...).

Still, it's all speculation, but at least it's fun speculation. Glad everything's coming up soon, always love getting a stagger of Delort releases...
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
Kramerica
Art Freak

Wed May 13, 2015 7:59 pm

It's a sub!
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
finneganm
Art Freak

Wed May 13, 2015 8:00 pm

It's a rug!
That's what she said
jkw3000
EB Team

Wed May 13, 2015 8:00 pm

It's a sub AND a rug!
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.