THE VACVVM: Official Discussion Thread

General art-related discussion.
Particle
Art Expert

Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:12 pm

SteveGo wrote:
Superfro33 wrote:
SteveGo wrote: I just find it funny that they would label people having a negative opinion as "anti-hype", as though it were some tactic by this community.
It often is. It's a pretty fine line. Really it's just knowing who's saying it more than what's being said.
That's a shame. How will they be able to tell truly bad, lazy art from stuff that people are anti-hyping then? People are ruining it for themselves, I guess.
The anti-hyping thing is BS and just a dumb fallback excuse that Mitch used in the podcast. It's pointless to anti-hype a Mondo Alien Stout Print, it's not going to have any effect.

I shat all over the print in exagerated fashion when it was released because it was just too hard resist and i'm like that (oops), but in all seriousness, no BS, besides the fact that the poster was just not that good, Mondo should have more of an awareness for their customers and fans and should try to avoid situations where they severly dissapoint them. Any company should avoid disappointing their fans, especially when it's super predictable. That's common sense. The poster itself is not what disappointed people, it was the build-up and the let down. If this print was announced like all the other posters where the image came along at the same time as announcing there will be a print, then it would have been just fine.

ANyway. Sorry. This is Mondo disussion taking place in the Vacvvm thread.
mcnail
Art Expert

Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:37 pm

Wait, did you guys actually listen to the episode? I specifically said "however, that is not what was happening on this one". I was just talking about anti-hyping as a phenomenon. Plus I only said that people are sometimes accused of it, not that it's an actual thing. Sort of continuing our previous discussion about chub rub, gorilla grip, and other EB terminology.
punch
Art Expert

Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:40 pm

mcnail wrote:Wait, did you guys actually listen to the episode? I specifically said "however, that is not what was happening on this one". I was just talking about anti-hyping as a phenomenon. Plus I only said that people are sometimes accused of it, not that it's an actual thing. Sort of continuing our previous discussion about chub rub, gorilla grip, and other EB terminology.
I understood what you meant, I thought you made perfect sense after listening to the episode. The whole episode was pretty interesting. You gotta hook Mark up with Stout for an interview!
ErocAfellar
Art Expert

Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:41 pm

You'd be better off just not talking about EB
HappaHaoli wrote:That is freaking Eroctic!
Baker
Art Expert

Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:43 pm

Taking this back on track...

Hoodie just arrived at the door and is badass. Popped it straight on already. Nice and heavy with a decent liner in it. Embroidery looks great on it too. Definitely what I was hoping it would be, will get a ton of use out of this until winter winds down. Also came with a nice little extra :D

Ive got a "bit" of a pin collection so these will be right at home here. Looks like I need to pick up another holder though, was already overflowing.

ImageAaron Horkey Pins by Tb252803, on Flickr
ironjaiden wrote: "'Weener in June' is completely sold out, thanks for the interest"
Bikejoh
Art Expert

Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:46 pm

Sweet!!! Can't wait to get mine.
iambillyg
Art Freak

Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:49 pm

I thought it was clear that the reference to 'anti-hype', was discussed as a tactic that some use to drive down interest on things to ensure they can be easier to obtain. It wasn't said that anyone who has a negative reaction to a release and is vocal about it is guilty of 'anti-hype'.
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:51 pm

Awesome! Love the pins. Hoping mine arrives today as well. :pint:
So it goes...
mcnail
Art Expert

Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:19 pm

Particle wrote:I shat all over the print in exagerated fashion when it was released because it was just too hard resist and i'm like that (oops). If this print was announced like all the other posters where the image came along at the same time as announcing there will be a print, then it would have been just fine.
Sigh.
jmagee87
Art Expert

Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:24 pm

Baker, how's the fit on the hoodie?
Kramerica wrote:never listen to anything rambo says.
RambosRemodeler wrote:You're entitled to your opinion but it's wrong.
Particle
Art Expert

Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:32 pm

mcnail wrote:
Particle wrote:I shat all over the print in exagerated fashion when it was released because it was just too hard resist and i'm like that (oops). If this print was announced like all the other posters where the image came along at the same time as announcing there will be a print, then it would have been just fine.
Sigh.
Yeah?
Baker
Art Expert

Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:38 pm

jmagee87 wrote:Baker, how's the fit on the hoodie?
Fits "normal" sized and is comfy as hell.
ironjaiden wrote: "'Weener in June' is completely sold out, thanks for the interest"
jmagee87
Art Expert

Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:44 pm

Baker wrote:
jmagee87 wrote:Baker, how's the fit on the hoodie?
Fits "normal" sized and is comfy as hell.
Sweet. Gonna be nice and cozy to sit outside and smoke a cigar tonight then
Kramerica wrote:never listen to anything rambo says.
RambosRemodeler wrote:You're entitled to your opinion but it's wrong.
comountaingolf
Art Expert

Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:46 pm

Particle wrote:
mcnail wrote:
Sigh.
Yeah?
i think was he's getting at is your posts of late are trending towards your douchebag alt DrewJ. You seem to talk about a ton of fudge that you don't have a drymounting clue about which isn't that uncommon on EB. The issue is you act like you have a clue when you don't. Or something along those lines...
Jim Carr wrote:The fans are standing up to them! The security guards are standing up to them! The peanut vendors are standing up to them!
> THC X 9 <
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:48 pm

Trending towards?
So it goes...