THE VACVVM: Official Discussion Thread

General art-related discussion.
cgriff
Art Connoisseur

Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:17 am

Man I am stoked to see Ken using ink! I know digital allows for quicker work, I could not live without ctrl+z, but there is no comparison to physical mediums.
bulkhead72
Art Expert

Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:12 pm

bulkhead72 wrote:Mitch, on a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being "will definitely happen" what are the chances of this becoming a print?

:whistle:
alittle
Art Freak

Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:16 pm

That is an image I can get behind.
partpat
Art Expert

Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:17 pm

alittle wrote:That is an image I can get behind.

Yep BUT some new work instead of more re-hash'd work would also be good.
soam24
Art Freak

Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:32 pm

Now that's a lady..
PrintNoob87
Art Expert

Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:44 pm

Beautiful work by KT.
frykitty
Art Connoisseur

Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:53 pm

bulkhead72 wrote:
bulkhead72 wrote:Mitch, on a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being "will definitely happen" what are the chances of this becoming a print?

:whistle:
Ill agree its an interesting image, but....Its just too 'dirty' for me to hang on my wall...
ImageImageImage
Sithlord32
Art Expert

Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:51 pm

jmcguire wrote:Im loving the freedom The Vacvvm is allowing these artists. For Ken, getting back to pen and ink, and doing point shading, and showing us a new technique of his, in his style, while still having that Ken Taylor flair we all know and love. With the poster scene changing (like I think it is) I think this is going to be great to see work from artists we all love, and create something for "themselves". Investing the time for yourself is one of the hardest things I have found, as a illustrator. This is great, and I cant wait to see what more The Vacvvm has to offer us.
Took the words right out of my mouth. Well said.
You can eat from a golden spoon but the cornflakes will taste the same

THC x 5
caseyg1986
Art Connoisseur

Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:23 am

I know I'm a little late to the party, but I just pulled the trigger on a Croatoan and I am really excited to see it in the flesh! :drool:

EDIT: And, yes please on a No More Noir giclee!
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:52 am

I just noticed Mitch is on the Adventures in Design that was released this morning. Just started listening to it now.
So it goes...
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:12 pm

So, finally got a chance to listen to the rest of today's ep. Really interesting as usual. Mitch's spots on the show are the best. There was a bit of talk up front about THE VACVVM, as Mitch was giving the state of his various endeavors. Brickey made the observation that the year has started off slow for the VACVVM as far as releases go, and Mitch said that that's true, because it happens that everyone is working on something for the group at the same time. But he said that in the near future literally all 8 artists would have something ready, and he seemed to suggest that they're all going to tie together in some way and that the releases would be chained one after the other. Very exciting to think about. :pint:
So it goes...
bubbie
Art Expert

Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:26 pm

mfaith wrote:So, finally got a chance to listen to the rest of today's ep. Really interesting as usual. Mitch's spots on the show are the best. There was a bit of talk up front about THE VACVVM, as Mitch was giving the state of his various endeavors. Brickey made the observation that the year has started off slow for the VACVVM as far as releases go, and Mitch said that that's true, because it happens that everyone is working on something for the group at the same time. But he said that in the near future literally all 8 artists would have something ready, and he seemed to suggest that they're all going to tie together in some way and that the releases would be chained one after the other. Very exciting to think about. :pint:
Thanks, mfaith! Will be looking forward to the near future :)
Particle
Art Expert

Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:39 pm

mfaith wrote:So, finally got a chance to listen to the rest of today's ep. Really interesting as usual. Mitch's spots on the show are the best. There was a bit of talk up front about THE VACVVM, as Mitch was giving the state of his various endeavors. Brickey made the observation that the year has started off slow for the VACVVM as far as releases go, and Mitch said that that's true, because it happens that everyone is working on something for the group at the same time. But he said that in the near future literally all 8 artists would have something ready, and he seemed to suggest that they're all going to tie together in some way and that the releases would be chained one after the other. Very exciting to think about. :pint:
Lol, Pwints ain't doing so good.

I LOVE the part where he talks about the Alien Poster and expressobeans and anti-hyping. LOL.
Bikejoh
Art Expert

Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:02 pm

This board pummeled Stout Alien into the ground. Crazy how much effect anti-hype has in the aftermarket.
Nos
Art Enthusiast

Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:27 am

Since the print itself couldn't possibly have anything to do with it.
ImageImageImage