THE VACVVM: Official Discussion Thread

General art-related discussion.
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:59 pm

Been busy and haven't posted, but this is an EPIC first release for THE VACVVM. I was at the shop and totally missed out, but what a way to start things off. I can't believe it finally happened. The 'urban legend' behind Croatoan is well-known to the older heads, I hope a lot of them managed to score.

Also, so sick of the flipper talk. There's flippers, there's always going to be flippers, you cannot stop flippers. It's all in the game. Am I happy I had to turn to the bay and pay the record high (at the time)? No, but it's part of the game and I wanted this one bad enough to snatch it up without dealing with the hassle of trying to find a bargain. Worse than flippers is the influx of all the new folks, the mondorons that don't know how to carry themselves and obnoxiously sully up the Horkey threads. Not all the new guys are bad, but there's a lot more monkeys in the country club and the vibe has changed.

I haven't wanted an art print this bad since Civilisation and had to make a move. A giclee/screenprint combo of a previously unreleased but heralded image, with a badass embossing, and the inaugural release for this new elite dream team of artists. HYPE? Call it what you want to, but this release is the TRUTH and things were awfully boring until Aaron showed up at MondoCon and shook up the art game by getting an instagram. Props to the folks involved with THE VACVVM. This is just the beginning...

As I said in the Croatoan thread, bring on NO MORE NOIR :twisted:
Drumavarium
Art Expert

Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:07 pm

^ I agree completely. It is never fun being forced into paying aftermarket prices, but for a image I have held in such high regard for years, I had to take the plunge now instead of risk being out-priced later.
Image T.H.C.
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:10 pm

RottenAtom wrote:Been busy and haven't posted, but this is an EPIC first release for THE VACVVM. I was at the shop and totally missed out, but what a way to start things off. I can't believe it finally happened. The 'urban legend' behind Croatoan is well-known to the older heads, I hope a lot of them managed to score.

Also, so sick of the flipper talk. There's flippers, there's always going to be flippers, you cannot stop flippers. It's all in the game. Am I happy I had to turn to the bay and pay the record high (at the time)? No, but it's part of the game and I wanted this one bad enough to snatch it up without dealing with the hassle of trying to find a bargain. Worse than flippers is the influx of all the new folks, the mondorons that don't know how to carry themselves and obnoxiously sully up the Horkey threads. Not all the new guys are bad, but there's a lot more monkeys in the country club and the vibe has changed.

I haven't wanted an art print this bad since Civilisation and had to make a move. A giclee/screenprint combo of a previously unreleased but heralded image, with a badass embossing, and the inaugural release for this new elite dream team of artists. HYPE? Call it what you want to, but this release is the TRUTH and things were awfully boring until Aaron showed up at MondoCon and shook up the art game by getting an instagram. Props to the folks involved with THE VACVVM. This is just the beginning...

As I said in the Croatoan thread, bring on NO MORE NOIR :twisted:
Mondorons hahah. I prefer mondonkeys.

Judging by this post, RA bought like 6 copies. Hype!
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:19 pm

Drumavarium wrote:^ I agree completely. It is never fun being forced into paying aftermarket prices, but for a image I have held in such high regard for years, I had to take the plunge now instead of risk being out-priced later.
That bird is too cool. It's shed it's helmet, pierced the ray, appears to be spiritually enlightened, and is chillin' on the egg like a Fabergé kingpin. This is a very interesting image.
Baker
Art Expert

Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:36 pm

RottenAtom wrote:That bird is too cool. It's shed it's helmet, pierced the ray, appears to be spiritually enlightened, and is chillin' on the egg like a Fabergé kingpin. This is a very interesting image.
Im partial to the egg myself :twisted:

ImageCroatoan v1 (og pencil) by Tb252803, on Flickr
ironjaiden wrote: "'Weener in June' is completely sold out, thanks for the interest"
bulkhead72
Art Expert

Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:40 pm

:drool:
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:42 pm

SO SICK and framed perfectly.
Skrilly
Art Expert

Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:43 pm

bulkhead72 wrote::drool:
jjbehren
Flipper

Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:00 pm

MagiaOrganica wrote:Did you guys order next size up on shirts and hoodies?
Hmmm...

My MWAC shirt is a medium. Wonder if I should still bump up to a large.
jools
Art Expert

Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:23 pm

"Just because you have Illustrator doesn't mean you are one." - VonDada
http://www.gigposters.com/forums/poster ... oster.html
jmcguire
Art Connoisseur

Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:28 pm

I screen print on american apparel all the time, and I wear a XL in most "standard" shirts, I always order a 2xl and those even wind up shrinking too much for me. Be weary and error to the side of caution.
there are a lot better shirts out there than american apparel, imo those are garbage shirts...
simianfever
Art Expert

Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:29 pm

jjbehren wrote:
MagiaOrganica wrote:Did you guys order next size up on shirts and hoodies?
Hmmm...

My MWAC shirt is a medium. Wonder if I should still bump up to a large.
I have a couple MWACs, the one that fits best and most comfortably is an American Apparel 50/50. Best shirt I own.

The other is an American Apparel 50/25/25 and is slightly smaller less perfect of a fit.

Of course none of this information helps because these are American Apparel 2001 and I have no idea what they are like. Also bought the hoodie and not a tee so good luck all!

:pint:
HappaHaoli
Art Expert

Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:29 pm

Baker wrote:
RottenAtom wrote:That bird is too cool. It's shed it's helmet, pierced the ray, appears to be spiritually enlightened, and is chillin' on the egg like a Fabergé kingpin. This is a very interesting image.
Im partial to the egg myself :twisted:

ImageCroatoan v1 (og pencil) by Tb252803, on Flickr
http://forum.expressobeans.com/viewtopi ... 4#p2651054
Image x6 ImageImage x2
"I had this dream where I relished the fray, and the screaming filled my head all day."
Scottjohnston
Art Expert

Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:35 pm

RA for the win! Well said. Especially NO MORE NOIR :clap: :pint:
KSUvet
Art Expert

Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:37 pm

BIRD fudge ON EGG <STREAKS>
:lol:
This should be the next instagram hashtag.
"I see dudes using cotton gloves on prints that I know were printed while someone was drinking a beer or eating Cheetos, while water leaked from the ceiling. And I'm not even talking about my shop!" - alexfugazi