Thinkspace - News, Upcoming Shows, Print Releases

General art-related discussion.
aibohphobia
Art Expert

Wed Sep 23, 2015 5:51 pm

Almost a year and only one page of updates. I'm terrible.

Now that the Gilded Age has wrapped up we can focus on the rest of the year and some more killer shows!

Opening October 3rd @ LA Municipal Art Gallery

Opening October 10th @ Thinkspace

Opening October 10th @ Thinkspace

Also it looks as if Thinkspace is set to have another incredible year in 2016.

Solo shows from Kevin Peterson, Sandra Chevrier, Audrey Kawasaki, James Bullough, and a ton of others.

I talked to Sandra at Copro a few weeks ago and she was excited about having her next solo show back on the West Coast. She said she was bombarded with gallery offers so its cool that she settled on Thinkspace.
Image _ Image
GiantBoyDective
Art Freak

Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:53 pm

Image #trollcru
danieldanger wrote:what you do aint hustlin. see, in MY hustle, i get to sell the whole run and each print only costs me like $6. y'alls is small potatoe street level fudge.
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Thu Dec 31, 2015 5:10 pm

Another great year ahead. :clap:
Does the '+' mean that it'll be showing in the project room?
So it goes...
jkw3000
EB Team

Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:01 pm

See you guys at Scope NY! :pint:
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Fri Jan 29, 2016 5:57 am

Cross-post:
thinkspace_art wrote:Pretty blown away to receive this "Dealer Of Merit" Award from Juxtapoz co-founder Greg Escalante ( @greg.escalante ) this evening at the LA Art Show ( @laartshow ). Presented as part of this year's #littletopia programming and created by Jeff Gillette ( @jeffgillette666 ) - so damn cool and stoked to display this amongst our collection. Thank you again Greg, most humbled to receive this from someone I look up to so much. We'll do our best to continue blazing trails at the institutional level in the coming years. So much on the horizon.

#laartshow #littletopia #thinkspacegallery #thinkspacefamily #juxtapoz

Congrats to Andrew for the recognition. Well-deserved. :clap:
So it goes...
gorkie
Art Freak

Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:49 am

That's awesome!
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see. - Thoreau
@gorkieartdogma on Instagram
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:20 pm

So, one of my goals for 2017 is to get every piece from Thinkspace's archive into the DB, complete with show information, release date, etc. And for any piece already listed, to fill in whatever gaps in data there are. For those interested, I'm just going artist by artist according to this listing: http://thinkspacegallery.com/artists/
So far I've done all of the A's:
So it goes...
southerngarden
Art Expert

Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:40 am

mfaith wrote:So, one of my goals for 2017 is to get every piece from Thinkspace's archive into the DB, complete with show information, release date, etc. And for any piece already listed, to fill in whatever gaps in data there are. For those interested, I'm just going artist by artist according to this listing: http://thinkspacegallery.com/artists/
  • Aaron Horkey
  • Aaron Nagel
  • Adam Caldwell
  • Allison Sommers
  • Amy Sol
  • Andy Kehoe
  • Anthony Clarkson
  • Ariel DeAndrea
  • Atsuko Goto
  • Audrey Kawasaki
dude, you rule. for some reason, Lisa Ericson isn't listed in their artists database but they have displayed her work before at a few of their shows. I really dig her work and am hoping for more prints from her soon. Her fish pieces are fantastic!
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:32 am

southerngarden wrote:Lisa Ericson isn't listed in their artists database but they have displayed her work before at a few of their shows. I really dig her work and am hoping for more prints from her soon. Her fish pieces are fantastic!
Yeah, I was really impressed by the pieces she had in the Antler gallery show she did at the end of November (http://expressobeans.com/public/search. ... &year=2016). Would love to see some of those in person. I'm sure they're stunning
So it goes...
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:34 pm

mfaith wrote:So, one of my goals for 2017 is to get every piece from Thinkspace's archive into the DB, complete with show information, release date, etc. And for any piece already listed, to fill in whatever gaps in data there are. For those interested, I'm just going artist by artist according to this listing: http://thinkspacegallery.com/artists/
Finshed off the B's just now:
So it goes...
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:32 pm

So it goes...
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:23 pm

So it goes...
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:31 pm

So it goes...
tbresnah
Art Enthusiast

Sat Jan 28, 2017 2:30 am

Ambitious goal, way to go! I didnt see Scott Listfield on that list...field..... n I think he's been working with them lately. (bad joke?)
- Tyler
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:47 pm

tbresnah wrote:Ambitious goal, way to go! I didnt see Scott Listfield on that list...field..... n I think he's been working with them lately. (bad joke?)
Yeah, not sure. I do see these in their inventory, but there's no tag for what show they were a part of (http://thinkspacegallery.com/?s=listfield).
I'll try to remember to go add any of these that aren't in already once I make it to the S's. :cheers:
So it goes...