What is your latest proud skateboard acquisition?

General art-related discussion.
simianfever
Art Expert

Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:22 pm

Just a nail and some fishing line, string, favorite thin long material of choice threaded through the holes that were drilled for the trucks. Cheap, simple. easy, and near invisible.
Baker
Art Expert

Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:32 pm

simianfever wrote:Just a nail and some fishing line, string, favorite thin long material of choice threaded through the holes that were drilled for the trucks. Cheap, simple. easy, and near invisible.
Yup, exactly that. I used clear line for Jays and Black and Diana's.

ironjaiden wrote: "'Weener in June' is completely sold out, thanks for the interest"
taylorph
Art Expert

Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:33 pm

Yep I already got them on the wall with some fishing line. You wouldn't even see it unless you knew it was there.
I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...
goldenrose
Art Expert

Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:46 pm

Thanks guys! Such a simple and perfect solution - clear fishing line it is. Nice boards Baker :pint:.
the reckless are out wrecking, the timid plead their pleas - robert hunter
geezer
Art Expert

Thu Nov 13, 2014 5:18 pm

http://www.mbskate.com/shop
Local skateboard museum .
bathroommonkey
Tantric Poster Collector

Sat Nov 15, 2014 1:36 am

my other three.
brendan monreo

rode this during my college days

bought during last years LOOP auction. get in on this years Loop auction!!!!
Lukexxxi
Art Connoisseur

Sat Nov 15, 2014 5:02 am

Love that LTJ :clap:

Really regret selling all my decks when I stopped skating after high school. Kinda restarted my collection with a couple of Horkey decks that ive acquired over the last couple of years. Might have to start picking up a few more.
SurfingJeff
Art Expert

Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:23 pm

How do people feel about removing the shrink wrap from skate decks? It's so much easier to appreciate the artwork once they're unwrapped, but I don't want to end up regretting it years down the line when I've totally destroyed their resale value. Is this even a concern?
T.H.C.
danielrolnik
Art Connoisseur

Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:28 pm

There's a new skate deck show happening by Project Loop

http://vimeo.com/112464914

Over 150 celebrated artists from the art, music and skateboarding community are coming together to help Project LOOP raise funds for a skatepark for the kids of Taylor, Texas. What makes this program different than others is the fact that kids will design and to some degree build this park under the guidance of Portland, Oregon based Evergreen Skateparks.
Thank you,
Daniel Rolnik
http://www.danielrolnikgallery.com
goldenrose
Art Expert

Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:31 pm

SurfingJeff wrote:How do people feel about removing the shrink wrap from skate decks? It's so much easier to appreciate the artwork once they're unwrapped, but I don't want to end up regretting it years down the line when I've totally destroyed their resale value. Is this even a concern?
The Van's Rick Griffin board I recently bought was in it's original shrink wrap which was a nice bonus but it looked so much better once I unwrapped it - I recommend doing it. As long as you take good care of the board - hang it on the wall - it probably doesn't matter.
the reckless are out wrecking, the timid plead their pleas - robert hunter
statik
Art Expert

Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:36 pm

I unwrap all my decks without question. I rather have the look of the natural wood vs. looking at shrink wrap. Just take care of them and you'll be fine.
drymount your sig!
danielrolnik
Art Connoisseur

Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:38 pm

One of the artists I show, Tim Kerr, who played guitar in Big Boys and was in countless other amazing and influential bands - and was in the "Austin" episode of Sonic Highways with Dave Grohl has a piece in that skate deck show. Here's a painting I have at the gallery by him. He's hands-down the coolest person ever!

Thank you,
Daniel Rolnik
http://www.danielrolnikgallery.com
xjmjx
Art Expert

Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:59 pm

Hells yeah, that's a great piece! He is awesome!
statik wrote:I unwrap all my decks without question. I rather have the look of the natural wood vs. looking at shrink wrap. Just take care of them and you'll be fine.
What Statik said!
SurfingJeff
Art Expert

Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:07 pm

xjmjx wrote:Hells yeah, that's a great piece! He is awesome!
statik wrote:I unwrap all my decks without question. I rather have the look of the natural wood vs. looking at shrink wrap. Just take care of them and you'll be fine.
What Statik said!
Thanks dudes - looking forward to unwrapping them this weekend.
T.H.C.
deancc
Art Expert

Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:54 pm

danielrolnik wrote:There's a new skate deck show happening by Project Loop

http://vimeo.com/112464914

Over 150 celebrated artists from the art, music and skateboarding community are coming together to help Project LOOP raise funds for a skatepark for the kids of Taylor, Texas. What makes this program different than others is the fact that kids will design and to some degree build this park under the guidance of Portland, Oregon based Evergreen Skateparks.
Just a warning for international folks...
I bought a deck from last year's auction - a hand-painted Don Pendleton which I LOVE. But they tried to charge $300+ just for shipping to Australia via FedEx. And they wouldn't even entertain the idea of sending via USPS or something that would be cheaper. drymounters! Ended up having to send to a friend in the US (for next to nothing) who then forwarded it for about $50. J