Mondo Poster News & Rumors

General art-related discussion.
User avatar
mobius006
Art Freak
Posts: 13025
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:16 pm

Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:49 pm

I had an order on Amazon. But I'll take a limited version of one of my favorite shows of all time.
User avatar
Benelli
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 425
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:18 pm
Location: Kansas City, KS

Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:34 pm

So.. I have some bad news, all your Mondo posters have been canceled and you must take them down NOW!

Also, you may not sell them, you should probably burn them.

https://www.thepitchkc.com/drafthouse-a ... ainstreet/

Now I just have to figure out who this mysterious "Wes" person is...

"Wes started working at the Austin Drafthouse in the early 2000s, eventually heading up Mondo, the high-end pop culture artifact company owned by League"
User avatar
ygolohcysp
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 787
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:57 pm

Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:11 pm

Wes? I'll give you three guesses
A public relations nightmare

SLAPPED WITH FLIPPING
kansasbbq
Art Freak
Posts: 18051
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:46 pm
Location: AUSTIN, tx

Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:15 pm

Brock Wilbur estimates between Drafthouse theater outings and purchases from Drafthouse-owned companies like Mondo and Death Waltz Recordings, he has spent more than $15,000 in the last two years.


Oh my!
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
kansasbbq
Art Freak
Posts: 18051
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:46 pm
Location: AUSTIN, tx

Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:17 pm

ygolohcysp wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:11 pm
Wes? I'll give you three guesses
Big Justin or Doyle?
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
User avatar
ygolohcysp
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 787
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:57 pm

Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:22 pm

My money's on doyle
A public relations nightmare

SLAPPED WITH FLIPPING
User avatar
Benelli
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 425
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:18 pm
Location: Kansas City, KS

Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:28 pm

ygolohcysp wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:22 pm
My money's on doyle
I did not think Doyle spent that much time managing the theaters...

Seemed Ish'ihy to me...
kansasbbq
Art Freak
Posts: 18051
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:46 pm
Location: AUSTIN, tx

Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:28 pm

I thought BJ moved back to KC though.
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
User avatar
Benelli
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 425
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:18 pm
Location: Kansas City, KS

Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:29 pm

kansasbbq wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:15 pm
Brock Wilbur estimates between Drafthouse theater outings and purchases from Drafthouse-owned companies like Mondo and Death Waltz Recordings, he has spent more than $15,000 in the last two years.


Oh my!
Damn that record flipping game making peoplez poorz
User avatar
ygolohcysp
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 787
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:57 pm

Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:30 pm

Benelli wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:28 pm
ygolohcysp wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:22 pm
My money's on doyle
I did not think Doyle spent that much time managing the theaters...

Seemed Ish'ihy to me...
You may know more than I do, I defer!
A public relations nightmare

SLAPPED WITH FLIPPING
kansasbbq
Art Freak
Posts: 18051
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:46 pm
Location: AUSTIN, tx

Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:31 pm

ygolohcysp wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:30 pm
Benelli wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:28 pm
ygolohcysp wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:22 pm
My money's on doyle
I did not think Doyle spent that much time managing the theaters...

Seemed Ish'ihy to me...
You may know more than I do, I defer!
I'll take your money then. :wink:
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
User avatar
mobius006
Art Freak
Posts: 13025
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:16 pm

Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:04 pm

oh no... I kinda want this..Image

Image
kansasbbq
Art Freak
Posts: 18051
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:46 pm
Location: AUSTIN, tx

Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:18 pm

:hanging: :hanging: :hanging:
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
User avatar
karza
Art Expert
Posts: 2230
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:28 pm
Location: AUSTIN TX

Sat Aug 15, 2020 7:34 pm

Hi guys, I know I haven’t been on here in a while but I was wondering if it was common knowledge that the gallery space is no longer being leased to Mondo? I know with the current situation it’s not a big deal since it will be a while before there is another show. I was just bummed out when I saw the sign removed.
User avatar
35mmpaul
Art Expert
Posts: 8440
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:40 pm
Location: NYC

Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:01 pm

yep. that happened around the beginning of the summer. how common that knowledge was is iffy.
jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!
Post Reply