Mondo Poster News & Rumors

General art-related discussion.
SPAC04
Art Expert

Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:48 pm

jkw3000 wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:18 pm
Considering some of us were shells to begin with, that's saying something.

haha^
Zer0T0lerance00
Art Connoisseur

Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:41 am

Anything good at MondoCon?
playa787
Art Expert

Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:22 pm

Zer0T0lerance00 wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:41 am
Anything good at MondoCon?
nope
"__________ is one of my favorite movies ever but that poster doesn't do it for me. -E.B.
KingOfNothing
Art Connoisseur

Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:11 pm

This is insane. I mean, we knew the reality of the situation when Justin Ishmael left back in 2015 and what would ultimately end up happening to Mondo. For all intents and purposes, it's happened. Mondo had set the bar for the print world and now they (Mondo) can't even reach that bar themselves.

Makes you wonder how different things may have been if Justin had stayed. I have vague recollection of it, but what was it, did Justin want more editorial control, money, what? Whatever it was, Mondo should have given it to him. Save for some stupid wrestling BS he wanted to change the world with.

The past 4 years have been garbage. Mondo might be able to fool the people over on the FB fan page but if you go to the site and see poster after lackluster poster just sitting, ooof! A $100 timed edition "Last Jedi" print!? This ain't it chief.
NEVER FORGET Image 02/14/14
Je préfère mourir sur mes pieds que de vivre à genoux
KSUvet
Art Expert

Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:58 pm

Oof, $100 timed? That Disney Tax collector must have come calling.
"I see dudes using cotton gloves on prints that I know were printed while someone was drinking a beer or eating Cheetos, while water leaked from the ceiling. And I'm not even talking about my shop!" - alexfugazi
Kramerica
Art Freak

Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:07 pm

Can't resist the Slater.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
caosonico
Art Enthusiast

Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:37 pm

That Last Jedi print is horrible...might be one of the worst things I’ve seen Mondo release in a while. The GFII is ok but the title placement ruins it. Dark Crystal variant is awesome. Seems like Todd Slater has the best stuff this year. I love 100% soft’s Die Hard. I like their Alien but feel BTTF is mediocre. But these are just my opinion guys. I do love Alex Pardees Gummo tho..
Chandler53
Art Connoisseur

Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:36 pm

caosonico wrote:
That Last Jedi print is horrible...might be one of the worst things I’ve seen Mondo release in a while. The GFII is ok but the title placement ruins it. Dark Crystal variant is awesome. Seems like Todd Slater has the best stuff this year. I love 100% soft’s Die Hard. I like their Alien but feel BTTF is mediocre. But these are just my opinion guys. I do love Alex Pardees Gummo tho..
What makes it horrible in your opinion? I don't love it (nor do I love the movie in full to be fair) but I don't think it's a train wreck. It's a pretty cool depiction of arguably the best part in the film.
kansasbbq
Art God

Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:03 pm

Chandler53 wrote:
caosonico wrote:
What makes it horrible in your opinion? I don't love it (nor do I love the movie in full to be fair) but I don't think it's a train wreck. It's a pretty cool depiction of arguably the best part in the film.
For starters, I'm guessing the price point.
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
caosonico
Art Enthusiast

Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:07 pm

Chandler53 wrote:
caosonico wrote:
Dunno man. I don’t like that It just looks like a game still. Many of these releases don’t feel
like film posters...just look like film fan art. You know what I mean? Those are two different things....
Chandler53
Art Connoisseur

Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:46 pm

caosonico wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:07 pm
Chandler53 wrote:
caosonico wrote:
Dunno man. I don’t like that It just looks like a game still. Many of these releases don’t feel
like film posters...just look like film fan art. You know what I mean? Those are two different things....
That's totally fair. I can see that POV, was really just curious. I'm passing on it myself. Price point is too high and I don't think it's the print that encompasses the movie imo. Thanks!
theperfecttree
EB Team

Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:52 pm

Large format Eng is completely dope and I'd love to pick one up. Any idea if they still have any?

By not going I'm mostly just disappointed that I couldn't go to screenings or swing by the Uniquely Geekly booth to say what's up to 1nkling

How'd it go with the lottery system?
celloman85
Art Connoisseur

Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:02 am

KingOfNothing wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:11 pm
Makes you wonder how different things may have been if Justin had stayed. I have vague recollection of it, but what was it, did Justin want more editorial control, money, what? Whatever it was, Mondo should have given it to him. Save for some stupid wrestling BS he wanted to change the world with.

The past 4 years have been garbage. Mondo might be able to fool the people over on the FB fan page but if you go to the site and see poster after lackluster poster just sitting, ooof! A $100 timed edition "Last Jedi" print!? This ain't it chief.
Damn, are you me? I've been feeling this way for years. The bubble didn't burst on this hobby, Mondo just sucks. I never thought Bottleneck and Static Medium would pull out so far ahead. Give a stack of money to Stout, Moss and Ishmael and make America great again. Sheesh.
caosonico
Art Enthusiast

Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:25 am

theperfecttree wrote:
Large format Eng is completely dope and I'd love to pick one up. Any idea if they still have any?

By not going I'm mostly just disappointed that I couldn't go to screenings or swing by the Uniquely Geekly booth to say what's up to 1nkling

I saw a post on FB saying these would go online next week...
jkw3000
EB Team

Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:44 am

theperfecttree wrote:

Majority of the Engs will be available online, seemed like SM got a lot of interest/begging in that department.

As much of a debacle as it was leading up to it, lotto system actually went really well and very smooth. They got two people for each line, counted up, and went down the pile as people pulled numbers.
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.