Page 2755 of 3125

Re: Mondo Poster News & Rumors

Posted: Sat May 05, 2018 7:07 pm
by Woo5lscott
I can’t make myself pull the trigger on them

Re: Mondo Poster News & Rumors

Posted: Sat May 05, 2018 7:30 pm
by EgoDeath
I'm being an irrational tru-fanboy but the secret spreadsheet portrait auction left a bad taste in my mouth. I don't have an issue with artists charging whatever they want on whatever platform they want, but dismissing concerns about the lack of transparency as [people seem to be angry for no reason!!] and [eBay sucks!! I'm not using that] is lame. To me, the whole thing felt exploitative.

After all that butthurt - it made these new portraits a pass for me.

Image

Re: Mondo Poster News & Rumors

Posted: Sat May 05, 2018 11:14 pm
by 35mmpaul
I was able to snag a print I've been after for a long while. And didn't feel exploited. And felt like the whole thing was pretty transparent.

and yeah as you say it does seem pretty irrational to not buy something you want because an artist allowed the buyers to dictate the price they wanted to pay, in the platform he wanted to use.

but, you do you.

Re: Mondo Poster News & Rumors

Posted: Sun May 06, 2018 12:03 am
by rubberneck
35mmpaul wrote:I was able to snag a print I've been after for a long while. And didn't feel exploited. And felt like the whole thing was pretty transparent.

and yeah as you say it does seem pretty irrational to not buy something you want because an artist allowed the buyers to dictate the price they wanted to pay, in the platform he wanted to use.

but, you do you.
#Batteredcollectorsyndrome

Re: Mondo Poster News & Rumors

Posted: Sun May 06, 2018 12:05 am
by 35mmpaul
i keep telling myself that im ok, but i keep crying, does that mean im okay?

Re: Mondo Poster News & Rumors

Posted: Sun May 06, 2018 12:06 am
by rubberneck
35mmpaul wrote:i keep telling myself that im ok, but i keep crying, does that mean im okay?
Buy, buy more....and be happy....

Re: Mondo Poster News & Rumors

Posted: Sun May 06, 2018 12:07 am
by jkw3000
They only hit until you cry
And after that you don't ask why
You just don't argue anymore
You just don't argue anymore
You just don't argue anymore

Re: Mondo Poster News & Rumors

Posted: Sun May 06, 2018 12:40 am
by bubbie
mfaith wrote:
Celsius wrote:I don't get the joke.

Re: Mondo Poster News & Rumors

Posted: Sun May 06, 2018 1:46 am
by ygolohcysp
I'd buy a Luka mondo

Re: Mondo Poster News & Rumors

Posted: Sun May 06, 2018 7:14 am
by aldobishalini
I was tempted at buying SW portraits a few years back when I first started collecting, but I thought to myself, if I start buying these... It's going to be a nearly never ending money pit until I have them all.

Glad I wasn't tempted by these!

Re: Mondo Poster News & Rumors

Posted: Sun May 06, 2018 11:10 am
by EgoDeath
35mmpaul wrote:And felt like the whole thing was pretty transparent.
He only added the spreadsheet after all the criticism... but ok sure go off sis.

Re: Mondo Poster News & Rumors

Posted: Sun May 06, 2018 11:49 am
by theperfecttree
bubbie wrote:
mfaith wrote:
Celsius wrote:I don't get the joke.
it's from the current season of Silicon Valley

Re: Mondo Poster News & Rumors

Posted: Sun May 06, 2018 12:16 pm
by Chandler53
I got them. I'm a sucker.

Re: Mondo Poster News & Rumors

Posted: Sun May 06, 2018 7:09 pm
by ygolohcysp
Did someone forget to do something

Re: Mondo Poster News & Rumors

Posted: Sun May 06, 2018 7:15 pm
by Chandler53
ygolohcysp wrote:Did someone forget to do something
lol, they've been up for a long while.