Mondo Poster News & Rumors

General art-related discussion.
rerocustom1989
Art Connoisseur

Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:46 am

bk wrote:
rerocustom1989 wrote: It's just nice seeing non-fan art.
I remember those days.. sadly they are long gone.
Well, I don't think that's true. Following Mondo it's true, but if you look at Mondo artists' portfolios you can typically find some gems that are original work. Moss is one exception I can think of. There's also lots of non-fan-art done for gig posters that I've discovered since following mondo.
cdhague
Art Connoisseur

Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:03 am

finneganm wrote:Hear hear

Look, this is an art forum, and the discussion or criticism of art and the artists should be encouraged. However, and more importantly unfortunately, it's also an Internet forum, so it tends to spiral into absolute chaos every now and again. Look at my post count, I've got maybe 2% substantive posts about the actual art and the rest is bored garbage/blowing off steam/fart jokes, so I know I'm not exactly the poster-boy for keeping a thread on target and about the art, but as a community we need to to try and self police ourselves. Maybe you think Mitchell came out guns blazing, but if you look at what he was responding too, it's exactly the sort of comment that should be responded to in that manner. It's not a personal attack on the person posting, it's a reality check about what is going on in the forum.
:clap:
wonkabars7
Art Expert

Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:10 am

sirmitchell wrote:
wonkabars7 wrote:the main issue is an artist ridiculing someone if not an entire forum that helped make his career advancement and move to Austin possible.
I was about to check out of this conversation, but I have got to reply to this because let's face it, it's COMPLETE horseshit. It's trying to invalidate years of hard work, which began long before my name was mentioned on this forum. I did not make and perpetuate a thread about my art, I am not in debt to this forum. If I'm being honest, and anyone reading this, if you agree with the above statement from wonkabars7, please, don't buy anything from me in the future. I don't want support from people that think their patronage equals some sort of ownership in how I should act, think, or feel. If someone is being a cynical dickhead for no reason, I'm going to call them out on it. What does buying something from me have to do with that?

And EB is the reason I was able to move to Austin? What the hell are you smoking cause I want some.
'Let's' face it...you managed to completely mis-read my post, then used it as a springboard for another diatribe.

I would never say a forum outweighs years of hard work, but as I noted, it has helped you (as well as other artists) in terms of talking about your work socially, thus pushing a constant promotion...all good things leading up to where you are now. Please don't twist my words or intent, here.

Any comment on my other points, or on how your bros Olly and DD manage to walk the tightrope of positive discourse here...or nah.

As a personal aside, I have enjoyed your work and have spent a small fortune on collecting and in many cases framing it. Do you owe me anything, as you put it? Absolutely not, I got the prints I bought.
However, it is disparaging to have an artist that I have supported and enjoyed over the years not even try to understand (or in this case, read) main points or issues brought up before spewing off like you do.
Really bad combo of arrogance and rudeness, IMO.
Awesome
Art Expert

Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:49 am

I think the world would be better off if the internet was just shut down.
rerocustom1989
Art Connoisseur

Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:20 am

Awesome wrote:I think the world would be better off if the internet was just shut down.
:O The man in your avatar would never say that.
jkw3000
EB Team

Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:21 am

MM is no different from any of us - capable of well-reasoned arguments as well as taking potshots at other artists (Paul Shipper, Tim Doyle). And guys like Olly and DD? Olly's appearances are rare (admittedly due to his job) and DD's taken several shots at this place before. Something something, word play on Just Like Us, moving on...

Sweet jesus I keep thinking some secrets are being REALLY well-kept for the Batman show and it's gonna be a madhouse on this side of the forum tonight.
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:33 am

Fantastic Fest Day 4 and MondoCon write-up:
http://www.nerdlocker.com/cons/fantasti ... 2014-day-4
Wockenfuss
Art Expert

Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:46 am

rerocustom1989 wrote:
Awesome wrote:I think the world would be better off if the internet was just shut down.
:O The man in your avatar would never say that.
Nope. He would say "Hunger Games, ya ya ya, Hunger games, ya ya."

But the record company would just change it anyway...
I Heart Haddonfield.
tenaciousjack
Art Expert

Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:47 am

Great write-up RA…

The Drake Prometheus 'abortion' piece was fantastic and unsettlingly sexual.
IWish
Art Expert

Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:52 am

jkw3000 wrote:Sweet jesus I keep thinking some secrets are being REALLY well-kept for the Batman show and it's gonna be a madhouse on this side of the forum tonight.
From what I read, there are a lot of artists/submissions for this, right? Could be a few prints with mostly OG's? Hard to say.

I'm looking forward to seeing what might get dropped for Halloween, next week. Maybe Batman leftovers drop earlier in the week with something new for Halloween?
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:55 am

tenaciousjack wrote:Great write-up RA…
Thanks TJ :pint:
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:56 am

IWish wrote:
jkw3000 wrote:Sweet jesus I keep thinking some secrets are being REALLY well-kept for the Batman show and it's gonna be a madhouse on this side of the forum tonight.
From what I read, there are a lot of artists/submissions for this, right? Could be a few prints with mostly OG's? Hard to say.

I'm looking forward to seeing what might get dropped for Halloween, next week. Maybe Batman leftovers drop earlier in the week with something new for Halloween?
I hope it's all horror stuff :drool:
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
NEWPORTS69
Art Connoisseur

Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:59 am

mitchell aint that big, his rags wont even flip, just another sensitive artist
Particle
Art Expert

Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:02 am

What a drymounting baby.
Particle
Art Expert

Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:05 am

oh and finneganm is the best expressobeans member.