Mondo Poster News & Rumors

General art-related discussion.
45spacer
Art Enthusiast

Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:11 pm

That Jay Shaw Scanner Darkly / Waking Life pair is on POINT.
circlexcomplete
Art Connoisseur

Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:55 am

Pass waiting on part 2
pleasediedistro
jayper
Art Expert

Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:05 pm

Prints up!
DuoSonic
Art Expert

Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:07 pm

+1 Waking Life. One of my wife's favorite films.
LiamNeeson
Art Enthusiast

Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:10 pm

Grabbed the James Flames reg
DuoSonic
Art Expert

Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:16 pm

45spacer wrote:That Jay Shaw Scanner Darkly / Waking Life pair is on POINT.
Agreed. Might be my favorite Shaw pieces to date.
SnakeEyes75
Art Connoisseur

Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:34 pm

Man, I was sort of let down by the Dazed print by Flames - I was hoping for something - more. I guess the waiting for the perfect Dazed print continues..
Mocktm
Art Enthusiast

Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:47 pm

+1 Dazed regular. Pops way more than the variant IMO.
SCREENS N SUDS STORE - BUY SOME ART, HELP AN AWESOME CAUSE!!
http://screensnsuds.storenvy.com/
circlexcomplete
Art Connoisseur

Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:49 pm

SnakeEyes75 wrote:Man, I was sort of let down by the Dazed print by Flames - I was hoping for something - more. I guess the waiting for the perfect Dazed print continues..
The moon tower captures one of the most important structures in that film, everyone gathers there to celebrate the beginning of summer and people almost mourning that their final year of high school will begin. I feel like Dan Black's print says a lot about that film without having to say too much, in this case less is more; what could be more perfect about that print, I may dare to say that the moon tower is the perfect dazed and confused print because it shows the center piece of the film off, everyone is separate for a majority of the film, but then they converge at the moon tower to share common ground despite their differences.
pleasediedistro
FlapJack
Art Expert

Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:51 pm

If Jay Ryan did a Dazed print similar to the Slacker one ... that would be pretty great.
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:51 pm

circlexcomplete wrote:
SnakeEyes75 wrote:Man, I was sort of let down by the Dazed print by Flames - I was hoping for something - more. I guess the waiting for the perfect Dazed print continues..
The moon tower captures one of the most important structures in that film, everyone gathers there to celebrate the beginning of summer and people almost mourning that their final year of high school will begin. I feel like Dan Black's print says a lot about that film without having to say too much, in this case less is more; what could be more perfect about that print, I may dare to say that the moon tower is the perfect dazed and confused print because it shows the center piece of the film off, everyone is separate for a majority of the film, but then they converge at the moon tower to share common ground despite their differences.

Dat tong dark knight rises doe

Are ya 5/5?
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
LiamNeeson
Art Enthusiast

Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:57 pm

circlexcomplete wrote:
I don't think the print came out as well as you make it seem. A perfect scene IMO would be outside, or even inside the pool hall. The Emporium, I believe.
circlexcomplete
Art Connoisseur

Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:02 pm

LiamNeeson wrote:
circlexcomplete wrote:
I don't think the print came out as well as you make it seem. A perfect scene IMO would be outside, or even inside the pool hall. The Emporium, I believe.
Except that setting is not instrumental to the film aside from the fact that they hang out there, everyone goes to the moon tower, not everyone hangs out at the pool hall.
pleasediedistro
circlexcomplete
Art Connoisseur

Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:03 pm

RambosRemodeler wrote:
Dat tong dark knight rises doe

Are ya 5/5?
EDIT: WHO CARES
pleasediedistro
LiamNeeson
Art Enthusiast

Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:07 pm

circlexcomplete wrote:Except that setting is not instrumental to the film aside from the fact that they hang out there, everyone goes to the moon tower, not everyone hangs out at the pool hall.
To each their own, let me know if you need any tips and/or tricks on scoring one.