Mondo Poster News & Rumors

General art-related discussion.
User avatar
lilorphanFunkhouser
Art Expert
Posts: 2100
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:31 pm

Wed Sep 23, 2015 4:14 pm

karza wrote: Right! it looks like he is prancing through a field of flowers
Image
アキラImage
"Gkohler"-it only takes 1 idiot to throw that much cash at something for it to instantly be "worth" that much.
"Celsius"- Welcome to Expressobeans, bitch.
User avatar
jkw3000
EB Team
Posts: 22871
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:22 pm
Location: NYC

Wed Sep 23, 2015 4:22 pm

It's for the "astounding flying acrobat." Makes sense that it's a bit theatric.
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
User avatar
zombiejp
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 678
Joined: Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:50 pm
Location: Atlanta

Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:12 pm

jkw3000 wrote:It's for the "astounding flying acrobat." Makes sense that it's a bit theatric.
Word.
User avatar
Packatrix
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 363
Joined: Fri May 10, 2013 4:04 pm

Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:04 am

Nice one on the Dicaprio pic.
:D

There's a bit in West Side Story where the male dancers are all doing a similar pose mid prance to the I want to live in America number... its very Flamenco esque...

But can't unsee prancing through flowers comment.

...and i still really like it.
User avatar
luderico
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 193
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:42 am
Location: Germany

Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:07 am

Really like the dancing Ansin and the Burton. But the Tong. Not a fan. Looks unfinished. Just the peeled head and so much space.
User avatar
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus
Posts: 52227
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:50 pm
Location: Austin, TX

Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:00 am

luderico wrote:Looks unfinished. Just the peeled head and so much space.
I actually appreciate the fact that the illustration has some room to breath, and not busy with a bunch of peripheral elements. :pint:
So it goes...
User avatar
Packatrix
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 363
Joined: Fri May 10, 2013 4:04 pm

Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:55 am

Would it have been too 'on the nose' to have the bottom of the moebius strip, have a subtle film strip pattern on it - given the whole Hollywood dream nature of the film...?

Probably.

Re: the likeness comments - I think Naomi Watts is instantly recognisable, but Laura Elena Harring is not quite right... I think she should have had heavier eye make up, and stronger darker lipstick... and possibly most significantly... I'm not sure she should be smiling... more anxious,/nervous perhaps...

I still love it though.

Edit: I'm starting to second-guess myself now and wonder whether the character on the inside is Diane, rather than Rita/Camilla...
Last edited by Packatrix on Thu Sep 24, 2015 7:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
finneganm
Art Freak
Posts: 16172
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:08 pm
Location: NJ

Thu Sep 24, 2015 7:18 am

That might be his best work yet. At least one of his best. Not for me (would never hang a Mulholland Drive print), but I can appreciate the thought and artistry behind it.
...
...
That's what she said
mrlanphear
Art Enthusiast
Posts: 96
Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:15 pm

Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:12 am

mfaith wrote:
luderico wrote:Looks unfinished. Just the peeled head and so much space.
I actually appreciate the fact that the illustration has some room to breath, and not busy with a bunch of peripheral elements. :pint:
+1
User avatar
Cragars
Art Expert
Posts: 7446
Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:04 am

Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:26 am

finneganm wrote:That might be his best work yet. At least one of his best. Not for me (would never hang a Mulholland Drive print), but I can appreciate the thought and artistry behind it.
User avatar
jkw3000
EB Team
Posts: 22871
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:22 pm
Location: NYC

Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:09 pm

Got taken down, but IGN reported a Batman Animated Series vinyl box set...
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
User avatar
rubberneck
Art God
Posts: 25668
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:19 pm
Location: Houston, TX

Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:13 pm

jkw3000 wrote:Got taken down, but IGN reported a Batman Animated Series vinyl box set...
Batman: The Animated Series fans rejoice, because Mondo is celebrating Batman Day in a very special way.

Because the company is a fan of the seminal FOX animated series' music, Mondo put together a vinyl box set featuring the full scores of its favorite Batman: The Animated Series episodes. From "On Leather Wings" to "Joker's Favor" to "The Man Who Killed Batman," purchasers can relive the episodes through the series' remastered soundtrack.

Better yet, Mondo called upon Justin Erickson of Phantom City Creative to create brand new artwork for each episode. Check out all eight vinyl covers, plus a look at the full box set:

The box set also includes six 4x6 screen-printed handbills featuring the villains from the episode "Almost Got 'Im," which followed five Batman villains telling the stories of how they almost killed the Caped Crusader.

Mondo's Batman: The Animated Series vinyl box set will be available for pre-order in November. Mondo will announce the date it goes on sale on the company's Twitter account, @MondoNews.

Batman: The Animated Series ran on FOX from 1992 to 1995. Developed by Bruce Timm and Eric Radomski, the series went on to win four Emmy Awards and famously introduced the world to Harley Quinn. IGN even ranked it as the best comic-to-TV adaptation.


Internet is foreva...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0


"rara charta, gravi negotio"
User avatar
brettlv5506
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 909
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:52 pm
Location: Texas

Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:16 pm

Packatrix wrote:Would it have been too 'on the nose' to have the bottom of the moebius strip, have a subtle film strip pattern on it - given the whole Hollywood dream nature of the film...?

Probably.

Re: the likeness comments - I think Naomi Watts is instantly recognisable, but Laura Elena Harring is not quite right... I think she should have had heavier eye make up, and stronger darker lipstick... and possibly most significantly... I'm not sure she should be smiling... more anxious,/nervous perhaps...

I still love it though.

Edit: I'm starting to second-guess myself now and wonder whether the character on the inside is Diane, rather than Rita/Camilla...
I'm pretty sure it is Diane. It looks like her and that is the reverse of Betty's character, so it makes sense as well.
mrlanphear
Art Enthusiast
Posts: 96
Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:15 pm

Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:24 pm

jkw3000 wrote:Got taken down, but IGN reported a Batman Animated Series vinyl box set...
Looks like the article is back up:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/09/24/ ... yl-box-set

See also: holy hell, that's awesome!
User avatar
matowest
Art Expert
Posts: 4890
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:09 am

Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:29 pm

Yeah, I'll be buying that. That's really nice

EDIT: Gray Ghost! :clap:
Post Reply