Mondo Poster News & Rumors

General art-related discussion.
DeadHand
Art Expert

Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:36 pm

35mmpaul wrote:
binky79 wrote:I really dig the posters for Tuesday. Not sure how I feel about timed editions tho...
Whats wrong with fans being able to get a decent shot without having to go through flippers?
One cannot gain a false sense of self-esteem by owning something more limited. Alternatively less flip value 8)

pick your poison
binky79
Art Expert

Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:36 pm

35mmpaul wrote:
binky79 wrote:I really dig the posters for Tuesday. Not sure how I feel about timed editions tho...
Whats wrong with fans being able to get a decent shot without having to go through flippers?
Nothing. Its just a personal preference. Honestly, I'm kinda surprised they haven't done it more often. :pint:
DeadHand
Art Expert

Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:41 pm

binky79 wrote:
35mmpaul wrote:
Nothing. Its just a personal preference. Honestly, I'm kinda surprised they haven't done it more often. :pint:
I would assume it has to do with not knowing within a certainty that something will make a profit. With limited editions, it creates a sense of urgency to buy now in customers - even if the artwork may not be that great. Timed editions give people time to think if they actually want it . Also the whole printer thing ....i.e. being prepared for various edition sizes.

Largely being Captain Obvious here, but *shrugs* like the Delort Timed Edition with Black Dragon sold a lot less than I was expecting. Though that wasn't a screenprint and did cost a bit more than average.
Last edited by DeadHand on Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jkw3000
EB Team

Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:48 pm

sirmitchell wrote:Man, I wish someone would have told me the butt baby parade was today.
Everyday, dammit.

I completely missed everything but I'm pretty sure it's the usual.
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
jkw3000
EB Team

Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:49 pm

binky79 wrote:
35mmpaul wrote:
Guessing it's based on studio arrangement. WB here, also timed for TDKR and MoS...
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
pittidesart
Art Expert

Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:59 pm

sirmitchell wrote:Man, I wish someone would have told me the butt baby parade was today.
rubberneck wrote:Remember where you are.
Official website: http://www.pittidesart.com
Bikejoh
Art Expert

Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:00 pm

I thought you were leading it?

binky79
Art Expert

Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:08 pm

DeadHand wrote:I would assume it has to do with not knowing within a certainty that something will make a profit. With limited editions, it creates a sense of urgency to buy now in customers - even if the artwork may not be that great. Timed editions give people time to think if they actually want it . Also the whole printer thing ....i.e. being prepared for various edition sizes.
You're right about the urgency thing, but only kinda right about the profit part. I just want one Fury Road poster. And if another one drops down the line that I like more, I probably wont even get my money back on a 5K+ open edition vs a smaller run. But honestly, I think the Taylor is the coolest Fury Road poster yet, and the shot at a sketch seals the deal. If another one comes along, I'll just gift it to a friend or family member.
GiantBoyDective
Art Freak

Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:13 pm

MoS & PF both flipped after the fact. Check those price charts. Timed doesn't always mean it wont flip. Just won't instaflip.
Image #trollcru
danieldanger wrote:what you do aint hustlin. see, in MY hustle, i get to sell the whole run and each print only costs me like $6. y'alls is small potatoe street level fudge.
UrsusMorris
Art Expert

Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:22 pm

GiantBoyDective wrote:MoS & PF both flipped after the fact. Check those price charts. Timed doesn't always mean it wont flip. Just won't instaflip.
True. Because there's always gonna be those people that a) forgot about the sale, b) couldn't make up their mind in time and didn't pull the trigger, c) were broke during the release.
mattkardish wrote:the polar bear would take the great white to the corner of jabroni drive and know your role boulevard and rock bottom his ass onto that stop sign and finish him off with the people's elbow. clearly y'all can't smell what the polar bear is cookin.
GiantBoyDective
Art Freak

Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:23 pm

or d new fans getting into the hobby that weren't here for sale
Image #trollcru
danieldanger wrote:what you do aint hustlin. see, in MY hustle, i get to sell the whole run and each print only costs me like $6. y'alls is small potatoe street level fudge.
UrsusMorris
Art Expert

Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:24 pm

Oh yeah, good call. It's happened to me! Lol
mattkardish wrote:the polar bear would take the great white to the corner of jabroni drive and know your role boulevard and rock bottom his ass onto that stop sign and finish him off with the people's elbow. clearly y'all can't smell what the polar bear is cookin.
DeadHand
Art Expert

Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:59 pm

binky79 wrote:
DeadHand wrote:I would assume it has to do with not knowing within a certainty that something will make a profit. With limited editions, it creates a sense of urgency to buy now in customers - even if the artwork may not be that great. Timed editions give people time to think if they actually want it . Also the whole printer thing ....i.e. being prepared for various edition sizes.
You're right about the urgency thing, but only kinda right about the profit part.
If it was unclear, I meant profit for the company putting the print out. I.E. they want to put out a combo of property + artist they know will sell a ton. Or are fairly certain will.
GiantBoyDective wrote:MoS & PF both flipped after the fact. Check those price charts. Timed doesn't always mean it wont flip. Just won't instaflip.
I should have worded things better 8) .
KSUvet
Art Expert

Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:04 pm

Looks like a real clean-up in here.

Do I detect a hint of cinnamon?
"I see dudes using cotton gloves on prints that I know were printed while someone was drinking a beer or eating Cheetos, while water leaked from the ceiling. And I'm not even talking about my shop!" - alexfugazi
coborjobs2010
Art Connoisseur

Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:27 pm

George Miller's intended version: