Mondo Poster News & Rumors

General art-related discussion.
63schoeffling
Art Expert

Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:07 pm

They were the worst characters anyway. Gitt!!
FlapJack
Art Expert

Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:13 pm

iambillyg wrote:Ansin's title treatment is always on point.
Not really ...but hey at least it's not teeny tiny.
whiskaz
Art Expert

Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:17 pm

63schoeffling wrote:Damn, I am loving these surprise drops..... amazing how easy it is with no bots!
Yea but then you basically have to impulse buy. That part sucks. I like having a day or two decide if I really like a print or not. Can't have your cake and eat it too I guess!

Ansin's AoU is pretty sweet. Guess I'll have time to decide if I really like it/need it before the P&T drop, if there even is one for this.
63schoeffling
Art Expert

Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:20 pm

whiskaz wrote:
63schoeffling wrote:Damn, I am loving these surprise drops..... amazing how easy it is with no bots!
Yea but then you basically have to impulse buy. That part sucks. I like having a day or two decide if I really like a print or not. Can't have your cake and eat it too I guess!

Ansin's AoU is pretty sweet. Guess I'll have time to decide if I really like it/need it before the P&T drop, if there even is one for this.
I hear you.... But having these Spotlight Displays really opened up my buying habits because I can swap fudge in and out on the reg. problem solved with framing on some pieces that aren't top tier for me to stay around for years.
jkw3000
EB Team

Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:31 pm

whiskaz wrote:

Mixed bag I think...the Escape from New York, folks probably knew whether or not they wanted it since the preview, but yeah, impulse for Ansin AoU.
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
whiskaz
Art Expert

Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:41 pm

jkw3000 wrote:
whiskaz wrote:

Mixed bag I think...the Escape from New York, folks probably knew whether or not they wanted it since the preview, but yeah, impulse for Ansin AoU.
Yes. I knew beforehand that I didn't want the EfNY. I was on the road when AoU's variant was posted and liked it...and figured a drop was either coming this evening or in the future... but not as quickly as it did. Eh. I don't feel that strongly about the AoU either way... and probably not concerned enough to stay on high alert for the rest of the con. Probably not.
Aparedez89
Art Expert

Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:44 pm

whiskaz wrote:

Ansin said their will be APs and since he always sells his stuff on Postersandtoys.
jkw3000
EB Team

Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:46 pm

Anyway, looks like everything's been revealed - favorites? Love Delort Jaws (because I have no sense of objectivity with the guy) and Danger Crimson Peak is best in show.
finneganm
Art Freak

Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:47 pm

I miss old Justin
That's what she said
jkw3000
EB Team

Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:48 pm

finneganm wrote:I miss old Justin
Should schedule brunch together, catch up, see how he's doing over mimosas.
spiper64
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:54 pm

jkw3000 wrote:Anyway, looks like everything's been revealed - favorites? Love Delort Jaws (because I have no sense of objectivity with the guy) and Danger Crimson Peak is best in show.
Mine are Jaws and EFNY. Perhaps after I see Crimson Red my opinion will change
whiskaz
Art Expert

Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:55 pm

Aparedez89 wrote:
whiskaz wrote:

Ansin said their will be APs and since he always sells his stuff on Postersandtoys.
Right on. Thanks for letting me know!
Aparedez89
Art Expert

Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:57 pm

whiskaz wrote:
Aparedez89 wrote:
whiskaz wrote:

Right on. Thanks for letting me know!
Your welcome I asked him on Twitter. Bummed I missed out on this whole at work. Reminds me of his awesome iron man 3
whiskaz
Art Expert

Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:59 pm

Yes. I think his IM3 is underrated... the film too (it's my favorite of the 3). I have had the IM3 framed and displayed since shortly after the P&T drop for it (wasn't around these parts for the original Mondo drop of it).
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:01 pm

jkw3000 wrote:Anyway, looks like everything's been revealed - favorites? Love Delort Jaws (because I have no sense of objectivity with the guy) and Danger Crimson Peak is best in show.
Daniel's was definitely my fave, followed by Delorts Jaws.
So it goes...