Mondo Poster News & Rumors

General art-related discussion.
User avatar
iambillyg
Art Freak
Posts: 10351
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:14 am
Location: Austin, TX
Contact:

Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:01 pm

mobius006 wrote:I miss 2013 EB
I can't remember who made the cart picture. I thought it was you.

I just tried searching all of your posts mentioning my name. Only 3 pages worth of results..
User avatar
mobius006
Art Freak
Posts: 12955
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:16 pm

Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:03 pm

iambillyg wrote:
mobius006 wrote:I miss 2013 EB
I can't remember who made the cart picture. I thought it was you.

I just tried searching all of your posts mentioning my name. Only 3 pages worth of results..
Dont think that one was me.

Search is kinda lame sometimes for that as well.

EDIT:

Also, were you sad it was only 3 post? :cheers:
User avatar
GiantBoyDective
Art Freak
Posts: 10134
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:17 pm
Location: A Whale's Vagina

Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:04 pm

iambillyg wrote:Searching for it.
wanna say it was stout/taylor thread might have been old mondo thread tho :/
Image #trollcru
danieldanger wrote:what you do aint hustlin. see, in MY hustle, i get to sell the whole run and each print only costs me like $6. y'alls is small potatoe street level fudge.
User avatar
iambillyg
Art Freak
Posts: 10351
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:14 am
Location: Austin, TX
Contact:

Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:06 pm

mobius006 wrote:
iambillyg wrote:
mobius006 wrote:I miss 2013 EB
I can't remember who made the cart picture. I thought it was you.

I just tried searching all of your posts mentioning my name. Only 3 pages worth of results..
Dont think that one was me.

Search is kinda lame sometimes for that as well.

EDIT:

Also, were you sad it was only 3 post? :cheers:
Yeah. Might have been summoner. I found one with the same crop of my face on Rob Jones' body though. That was fun.

And yes, only 3 pages worth of different variations of 'billy is Mondo's social media director' is less than I imagined.
GiantBoyDective wrote:
iambillyg wrote:Searching for it.
wanna say it was stout/taylor thread might have been old mondo thread tho :/
It was definitely in the Stout/Taylor thread, but that's long gone. I tried finding my old posts in that thread, but can't seem to.
User avatar
Creation88
Art Expert
Posts: 2547
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:02 pm
Location: TX

Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:08 pm

+1 Francavilla. glad i saved myself 5 hr drive and 8 hrs waiting. :clap:
FS: BTTF II variant
User avatar
mobius006
Art Freak
Posts: 12955
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:16 pm

Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:12 pm

pages*
User avatar
downforcemedia
Art Expert
Posts: 1333
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:14 pm
Location: Mexicola

Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:22 pm

+1 Slater. I was surprised that it sold out. Didn't get rave reviews on opening night. I love it.
Lies are a funny thing. They slip through your fingertips because they never happened to you. Time wounds all the heals as we fade out of view
User avatar
matowest
Art Expert
Posts: 4886
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:09 am

Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:24 pm

downforcemedia wrote:+1 Slater. I was surprised that it sold out. Didn't get rave reviews on opening night. I love it.
Same here. Really nice
User avatar
rubberneck
Art God
Posts: 25628
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:19 pm
Location: Houston, TX

Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:30 pm

matowest wrote:
downforcemedia wrote:+1 Slater. I was surprised that it sold out. Didn't get rave reviews on opening night. I love it.
Same here. Really nice
Slater always produces something unique as a MP with his trademark style. Plus his prints can't really be appreciated via jpegs with the inks and varnish finish he applies really making them more dynamic and vibrant in person.

Image

CE3K is very underrated and needs to be seen in person. Grabbed a Slater JP this am. :pint:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0


"rara charta, gravi negotio"
User avatar
matowest
Art Expert
Posts: 4886
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:09 am

Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:36 pm

Just impressive how many elements he was able to work in there: T-Rex & skull, triceratops, brachiosaurus, gallimimus, DNA strand/sequence, dilophosaurus, raptor, raptor claw, amber w/ mosquito...just a lot of cool stuff to look at.
User avatar
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus
Posts: 52227
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:50 pm
Location: Austin, TX

Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:43 pm

matowest wrote:Just impressive how many elements he was able to work in there: T-Rex & skull, triceratops, brachiosaurus, gallimimus, DNA strand/sequence, dilophosaurus, raptor, raptor claw, amber w/ mosquito...just a lot of cool stuff to look at.
And he marries it all together perfectly. :pint:
So it goes...
User avatar
rubberneck
Art God
Posts: 25628
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:19 pm
Location: Houston, TX

Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:49 pm

Image

This was definitely the perfect movie choice for him... 8)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0


"rara charta, gravi negotio"
User avatar
Kramerica
Art Freak
Posts: 13572
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:37 am
Location: Corner of 1st & 1st

Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:52 pm

rubberneck wrote:CE3K is very underrated and needs to be seen in person. Grabbed a Slater JP this am. :pint:
I love this print. Great pairing of artist and property, and Slater nailed it.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
User avatar
rubberneck
Art God
Posts: 25628
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:19 pm
Location: Houston, TX

Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:54 pm

Kramerica wrote:
rubberneck wrote:CE3K is very underrated and needs to be seen in person. Grabbed a Slater JP this am. :pint:
I love this print. Great pairing of artist and property, and Slater nailed it.
I was so impressed with the regular in person I went seeking out the variant as well. GID to boot.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0


"rara charta, gravi negotio"
User avatar
jmagee87
Art Expert
Posts: 5991
Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:02 pm
Location: Baton Rouge, LA

Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:56 pm

rubberneck wrote:
This was definitely the perfect movie choice for him... 8)
Image







ps...I hate you
ImageImage #trollcru
Kramerica wrote:never listen to anything rambo says.
RambosRemodeler wrote:You're entitled to your opinion but it's wrong.
Post Reply