Mondo Poster News & Rumors

General art-related discussion.
User avatar
matowest
Art Expert
Posts: 4890
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:09 am

Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:28 pm

RottenAtom wrote:
c0bbz wrote:All for Oscar drops, but having them during the show detracts from actually watching it.

Would love if they did something that afternoon or the day after, though.
This exactly.
Completely agree
User avatar
RottenAtom
Art Freak
Posts: 14697
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:51 am
Location: Houston, TX

Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:31 pm

Haven't posted in here yet. Participate in Rotten Oscars for a chance to win a Todd Slater Close Encounters of the Third Kind print signed by Richard Dreyfuss (thanks Binky!), a Matt Ferguson LOTR set, and some cool books/blu-rays.

http://forum.expressobeans.com/viewtopi ... 7&t=150586
Image
User avatar
rubberneck
Art God
Posts: 25676
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:19 pm
Location: Houston, TX

Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:38 pm

Spinning Cannibal Holocaust.

Nice to hear warm analog after mp3's for the last few years.

Best thing about film is this crazy funky sleazy score. :pint:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0


"rara charta, gravi negotio"
User avatar
BuckRodgers
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 292
Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:06 am
Location: Chicago, IL

Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:30 am

Think we'll get a Roar print full of big cats and blood?

http://www.indiewire.com/article/drafth ... e-20150219
User avatar
fdiskmbr
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 368
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:24 pm

Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:43 pm

Bummer, it looks like no Mondo Oscar night again. Last year after the Oscars we got Dallas Buyers Club, American Hustle, and Frozen. I felt that they tried to do it last year but did not for whatever reason.
User avatar
bulkhead72
Art Expert
Posts: 9502
Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:50 am
Location: Los Angeles

Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:54 pm

BuckRodgers wrote:Think we'll get a Roar print full of big cats and blood?

http://www.indiewire.com/article/drafth ... e-20150219
Talked about cats with Tippi when I met her. <3
Zyliss3
Member
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:53 pm
Location: Palm Springs, CA

Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:34 pm

Some Oscar noms posters probably this week, with some most likely coming out closer to their DVD releases. Like with last years Oscar noms
User avatar
BuckRodgers
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 292
Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:06 am
Location: Chicago, IL

Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:09 am

bulkhead72 wrote:
BuckRodgers wrote:Think we'll get a Roar print full of big cats and blood?

http://www.indiewire.com/article/drafth ... e-20150219
Talked about cats with Tippi when I met her. <3

After reading about the filming of Roar, I'm surprised she doesn't fudge her pants at the mention of cats. :shock:
User avatar
CrazyBread
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 631
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:52 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:49 am

Zyliss3 wrote:Some Oscar noms posters probably this week, with some most likely coming out closer to their DVD releases. Like with last years Oscar noms
Hoping for a Whiplash poster on Tuesday.
*** F5 Crew ***
jlewis6159
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 234
Joined: Fri May 04, 2012 11:45 am

Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:10 pm

The Oscars are so awful. The only thing that would make it bearable would be some drops...
User avatar
c0bbz
Art Expert
Posts: 2980
Joined: Thu May 24, 2012 12:00 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:11 pm

jlewis6159 wrote:The Oscars are so awful. The only thing that would make it bearable would be some drops...
You know that you don't have to watch, right?
Image ISO FILM NOIR Image
User avatar
Bikejoh
Art Expert
Posts: 4264
Joined: Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:40 pm

Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:11 pm

wait, the oscars aren't giving us a mondo drop passphrase?
User avatar
ajmmck
Art Expert
Posts: 2280
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:28 pm
Location: Australia

Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:13 pm

CrazyBread wrote:
Zyliss3 wrote:Some Oscar noms posters probably this week, with some most likely coming out closer to their DVD releases. Like with last years Oscar noms
Hoping for a Whiplash poster on Tuesday.
Has to be a Whalen Big Hero 6 somewhere along the line...
jlewis6159
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 234
Joined: Fri May 04, 2012 11:45 am

Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:16 pm

c0bbz wrote:
jlewis6159 wrote:The Oscars are so awful. The only thing that would make it bearable would be some drops...
You know that you don't have to watch, right?
That's why I'm not.
User avatar
RiotAct
EB Trainee
Posts: 17546
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:47 pm
Location: Buffalo, NY

Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:19 pm

NPH looks a lot like David Hyde Pierce (Niles from Frasier) to me... also helps that they both have three names :lol:
1000steps wrote:Gift payments are like unprotected sex - always a bad idea with strangers... If you are gonna do it, do it with someone you trust absolutely.
Post Reply