Mondo Poster News & Rumors

General art-related discussion.
stevefish

Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:45 pm

Ultimately, the site everyone really wants is the one that gets them successful purchases. No matter what Mondo builds or buys, the limited nature of these drops paired with the high volume of purchasers makes it seem unfair. If there were a real solution for getting posters to those who really want them most (and not just for resale), that'd be great. I've never heard of one, though. Schemes to make the process more "fair" are all easily thwarted and all end up being a PitA instead of a real solution.

It is what it is. The process is still fun for me. When I don't get the item I wanted (and, believe me, there have been a lot), I file it under, "Oh well. It's just stuff. There will be another Mondo poster soon."
stebila25
Art Expert

Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:47 pm

Any word on when these Home Alone prints are shipping...?
aivc
Art Expert

Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:47 pm

I wonder how many of those sourpuss anti-bots people would change their mind if they were offered a bot right this instant...
aibohphobia wrote:Maybe, but either way you get some cred for joining on 4-20 at 4:20. Nexus of the Universe.
jmagee87
Art Expert

Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:49 pm

aivc wrote:I wonder how many of those sourpuss anti-bots people would change their mind if they were offered a bot right this instant...
All of them...ISO mondobot for all the flips
ImageImage #trollcru
Kramerica wrote:never listen to anything rambo says.
RambosRemodeler wrote:You're entitled to your opinion but it's wrong.
jeter0204
Art Expert

Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:55 pm

aivc wrote:I wonder how many of those sourpuss anti-bots people would change their mind if they were offered a bot right this instant...
Well duh because then they would feel like they have even the score....Until they miss out and then they will complain about someone having a booster or better bot connection
ImageImageImage
danieldanger wrote: "...IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN STOUT. WHY WASNT IT STOUT? MY GOD PEOPLE, WE COULD BE HOLDING STOUT POSTERS RIGHT NOW."
glenn1
Art Expert

Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:58 pm

bubbie wrote:Long story short, whatever you do, people will be bitching regardless :hanging:
And you will also have people bitching about the bitching. Vicious circle.
mobius006
Art Freak

Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:59 pm

when there was weekly cash to be made sure. these days? probably not.
bubbie
Art Expert

Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:59 pm

63schoeffling
Art Expert

Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:02 pm

fitz wrote:we are already seeing the fallout from so many failed purchases - an avalanche of commissioned works so those in them can get exactly what they want stress free :lol:

I was watching a video earlier on youtube of guys using shopify bots for sneakers (these ones were linked to twitter announcements) and it was ridiculous how quickly it went from the tweet being sent to the thing having the sneakers sat in a cart - it was less than a second and there was just no way that a mere human could compete (though obviously this wouldn't work with Mondo as we all know if you wait for the tweet its already too late :lol:)
If you aren't familiar with the sneaker game, it makes Mondo sell outs look like timed releases.
jkw3000
EB Team

Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:03 pm

63schoeffling wrote:
fitz wrote:we are already seeing the fallout from so many failed purchases - an avalanche of commissioned works so those in them can get exactly what they want stress free :lol:

I was watching a video earlier on youtube of guys using shopify bots for sneakers (these ones were linked to twitter announcements) and it was ridiculous how quickly it went from the tweet being sent to the thing having the sneakers sat in a cart - it was less than a second and there was just no way that a mere human could compete (though obviously this wouldn't work with Mondo as we all know if you wait for the tweet its already too late :lol:)
If you aren't familiar with the sneaker game, it makes Mondo sell outs look like timed releases.
YEP.
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:05 pm

63schoeffling wrote:

Nailed it
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
SpotlightDisplays
Art Connoisseur

Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:08 pm

wonkabars7 wrote:
aivc wrote:Just pulled the trigger on 3 thin bordered 24x36. Can't believe they are so cheap. About $190 shipped for all 3. This is exactly what i've been looking for.
FYI, if you're thinking a buying some, there are some codes floating around for 10% off.
Just email Robert, and ask for the 10% off if you cannot find a code or have problems finding one. He's top notch.

And yes, the frames are a steal. I get tired of the same thing over time, so the fact that it looks great, is protected from the sun, extremely reasonable price wise, and can be switched out whenever I want is a no brainer.
Wonkabars7!!!! Thank you very much for passing the word, and thank you for the kind words!!! I went into google analytics to see why my website was getting so many hits yesterday lol!!! Wish I could get my SEO for my website to perform like that. Really means a lot!!! Please e-mail me at my business e-mail sales at spotlightdisplays.com Thanks again!!!!

And thank you to all that have ordered!!! Your frames will be cut in the next few days! You will love them!!! I just got done changing one of my prints with the new Tom & Jerry: The Two Mousketeers by Anne Benjamin. Looks Awesome!!!!!

Thanks Again to all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BavarianErin
Art Expert

Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:10 pm

HeWhoIRefuseToName wrote: I'm on the side of just having supply meet demand. (License agreements be damned)
I hate this knucklehead and his dumb idea of supply needing to meet demand. What he really wants is access to anything he fancies. He's a modern day Veruca Salt. I look forward to the day he gives up because he has made this thread awful.
ImageImage
jeter0204
Art Expert

Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:13 pm

BavarianErin wrote:
HeWhoIRefuseToName wrote: I'm on the side of just having supply meet demand. (License agreements be damned)
I hate this knucklehead and his dumb idea of supply needing to meet demand. What he really wants is access to anything he fancies. He's a modern day Veruca Salt. I look forward to the day he gives up because he has made this thread awful.
Oh snaps! It takes a lot to get on Erin's bad side. Harsh words, I like it
ImageImageImage
danieldanger wrote: "...IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN STOUT. WHY WASNT IT STOUT? MY GOD PEOPLE, WE COULD BE HOLDING STOUT POSTERS RIGHT NOW."
jkw3000
EB Team

Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:15 pm

SpotlightDisplays wrote:
wonkabars7 wrote:
aivc wrote:Just pulled the trigger on 3 thin bordered 24x36. Can't believe they are so cheap. About $190 shipped for all 3. This is exactly what i've been looking for.
FYI, if you're thinking a buying some, there are some codes floating around for 10% off.
Just email Robert, and ask for the 10% off if you cannot find a code or have problems finding one. He's top notch.

And yes, the frames are a steal. I get tired of the same thing over time, so the fact that it looks great, is protected from the sun, extremely reasonable price wise, and can be switched out whenever I want is a no brainer.
Wonkabars7!!!! Thank you very much for passing the word, and thank you for the kind words!!! I went into google analytics to see why my website was getting so many hits yesterday lol!!! Wish I could get my SEO for my website to perform like that. Really means a lot!!! Please e-mail me at my business e-mail sales at spotlightdisplays.com Thanks again!!!!

And thank you to all that have ordered!!! Your frames will be cut in the next few days! You will love them!!! I just got done changing one of my prints with the new Tom & Jerry: The Two Mousketeers by Anne Benjamin. Looks Awesome!!!!!

Thanks Again to all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Not gonna lie, put a smile on my face right here. :lol:

Have zero capacity to put up any non-extremely-light frames but this is absolutely on my purchase list, thanks for sharing again wonka.
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.