Mondo Poster News & Rumors

General art-related discussion.
circlexcomplete
Art Connoisseur

Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:48 pm

Kramerica wrote:Sounds like dipping into PayPal means it's no longer held in your cart? That seems odd. One more reason to pay with CC I guess.
It holds as long as an inventory is available, just means 125 people checked out before him; I use PayPal every time. Then again I am probably ahead of everyone because I use a page monitor that detects any change in code and I'll just say this it detects within milliseconds of posting, the links for the posters usually exist 1-2 minutes before actually being posted, I was already checked out when everyone was scrambling to login their PayPal and such. Shopify is well coded, but not well enough, there are little doors you can always open to get ahead of everyone.

Mondo is also notorious for making really blatant url's so you can also sometimes get lucky by just guess for example

http://mondotees.com/products/the-road-variant-poster
http://mondotees.com/products/the-road-poster

are valid url's and connect through to product pages who is to say you can't guess next week's poster release url; sometimes it works.

Hire me Mondo, I have good ideas about how to make your releases more fair lol
Last edited by circlexcomplete on Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.
pleasediedistro
jimmysleftbrain
Art Connoisseur

Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:51 pm

circlexcomplete wrote:
Kramerica wrote:Sounds like dipping into PayPal means it's no longer held in your cart? That seems odd. One more reason to pay with CC I guess.
It holds as long as an inventory is available, just means 125 people checked out before him; I use PayPal every time. Then again I am probably ahead of everyone because I use a page monitor that detects any change in code and I'll just say this it detects within milliseconds of posting, the links for the posters usually exist 1-2 minutes before actually being posted, I was already checked out when everyone was scrambling to login their PayPal and such. Shopify is well coded, but not well enough, there are little doors you can always open to get ahead of everyone.
Holy fudge skynet has become self aware.
Kramerica
Art Freak

Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:53 pm

circlexcomplete wrote:
Do share.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
bubbie
Art Expert

Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:59 pm

Luls.
Milliseconds!
This is good stuff. Mondo thread never disappoints.

P.S. has got to be Drew.
NEWPORTS69
Art Connoisseur

Thu Feb 25, 2016 2:03 pm

thought drew was LiamNeeson
cotis
Art Expert

Thu Feb 25, 2016 2:09 pm

Mondo thread on drop day!
mrB7LACK
Art Connoisseur

Thu Feb 25, 2016 2:11 pm

bubbie wrote:Luls.
Milliseconds!

P.S. has got to be Drew.

My thoughts exactly...New video COMING SOON.

luls :lol:
circlexcomplete
Art Connoisseur

Thu Feb 25, 2016 2:14 pm

Milliseconds!

P.S. has got to be Drew.
I'm caught lol I do have a custom chrome extension built with a higher refresh rate than their standard page monitor extension though, just trying to show off a little, mine is just a modified clone that allows me to check at an interval set to less than one second, about half of a second if my timer doesn't lie, instead of every 5 seconds, and my connection is on fiber so maybe I just have a better network, I have taken a fair amount of time dabbling in html and know c+ and javascript.
pleasediedistro
Jasper73
Art Expert

Thu Feb 25, 2016 2:17 pm

image.jpg
ImageT.K.C.
jmagee87
Art Expert

Thu Feb 25, 2016 2:17 pm

Milliseconds!

P.S. has got to be Drew.
Agreed. Gotta be Drew
Kramerica wrote:never listen to anything rambo says.
RambosRemodeler wrote:You're entitled to your opinion but it's wrong.
Kramerica
Art Freak

Thu Feb 25, 2016 2:22 pm

circlexcomplete wrote:
Milliseconds!

P.S. has got to be Drew.
I'm caught lol I do have a custom chrome extension built with a higher refresh rate than their standard page monitor extension though, just trying to show off a little, mine is just a modified clone that allows me to check at an interval set to less than one second, about half of a second if my timer doesn't lie, instead of every 5 seconds, and my connection is on fiber so maybe I just have a better network, I have taken a fair amount of time dabbling in html and know c+ and javascript.
If only it could cart and check out, you would be on to something there.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Thu Feb 25, 2016 2:23 pm

randyortizdtd wrote:Bit of useless trivia: this is the first @mondotees poster (of a bunch of new mondo fudge I've been working on in the past few months) I did where I started off using traditional methods (#charcoal, #graphite and #pastel). This was done to print scale at 24x36". It was photographed then taken into photoshop to further adjust tones and color, add text and take out the two characters to replace with footprints for the variant version. I'm selling this original if anyone wants it. I'll also post progress shots later tonight if I remember. Email me at randy@damnthedesign.com if interested in purchasing
So it goes...
AliRock110
Art Expert

Thu Feb 25, 2016 2:25 pm

Anyone who cops that is a straight OG balla and all I could do is :notworthy:
toobs
Art Expert

Thu Feb 25, 2016 2:26 pm

the fact the reg is still available is kinda shocking . . . . looks like the var isnt flippin either so if anyone wants to sell for cost let me know
Codeblue wrote:Ya know they'll put out at least 1 "ZOMG gotta rub mah nuts on another dukes butt to get in line for it" poster.
circlexcomplete
Art Connoisseur

Thu Feb 25, 2016 2:28 pm

Kramerica wrote:
circlexcomplete wrote:
Milliseconds!

P.S. has got to be Drew.
If only it could cart and check out, you would be on to something there.
That is called a bot LOL not gonna build that, no fun in that automating the process is cheating there are much more creative solutions that are fun.
pleasediedistro