Mondo Poster News & Rumors

General art-related discussion.
sincere86a
Art Expert

Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:42 pm

circlexcomplete wrote:where do you see a 2nd version? I only see one variant on tomer's site; all the variants of his work are shown on his portfolio when you click a poster and it has one....
It doesn't make a difference really, as Mondo doesn't reprint previously released posters. Moot point sir.
circlexcomplete
Art Connoisseur

Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:48 pm

matowest wrote:
circlexcomplete wrote:where do you see a 2nd version? I only see one variant on tomer's site; all the variants of his work are shown on his portfolio when you click a poster and it has one....
The colorway you posted, plus the blue/green one sold by Mondo (the only one actually printed/sold, I think).
Thank you
pleasediedistro
RadRacing
Art Expert

Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:50 pm

Cinlabyrinth wrote:Dang nice job James Flames! That looks so cool
Cool poster. That kid is the worst character though. Too much nose touching
circlexcomplete
Art Connoisseur

Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:51 pm

sincere86a wrote:
It doesn't make a difference really, as Mondo doesn't reprint previously released posters. Moot point sir.
There's a first time for everything. How do you know they won't reprint anything ever?
pleasediedistro
jlabbate
Art Freak

Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:51 pm

circlexcomplete wrote:
sincere86a wrote:
There's a first time for everything. How do you know they won't reprint anything ever?
Doyle is gone :wink:
sincere86a
Art Expert

Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:52 pm

:lol: :clap:
jmagee87
Art Expert

Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:52 pm

Nubs gonna nub
Kramerica wrote:never listen to anything rambo says.
RambosRemodeler wrote:You're entitled to your opinion but it's wrong.
35mmpaul
Art Expert

Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:55 pm

circlexcomplete wrote:
sincere86a wrote:
http://mondotees.com/pages/faqs
Q: I missed a poster release! Will you be printing/making more?

A: All posters have a one-time, limited-edition release and won't be reprinted.
And I get it, you are hoping for the colorway on the steelbook. Could it happen? It's unlikely. Have only seen them release variants as a separate release very seldomly.
Last edited by 35mmpaul on Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!
jkw3000
EB Team

Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:55 pm

jlabbate wrote:
circlexcomplete wrote:
sincere86a wrote:
Doyle is gone :wink:
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
jmagee87
Art Expert

Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:57 pm

circlexcomplete wrote:
sincere86a wrote:
Kramerica wrote:never listen to anything rambo says.
RambosRemodeler wrote:You're entitled to your opinion but it's wrong.
banky311
Art Enthusiast

Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:59 pm

Cinlabyrinth wrote:Love the play on the football field scene + the old school game in the bottom corner
and the redhead in the car at the bottom of the print.
raphulysses
Art Enthusiast

Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:00 pm

circlexcomplete wrote:
sincere86a wrote:
The revenue from a reprint will be worth less than the damage to their brand & image. So we know because it is financially beneficial to not reprint, and honor code since they have said no reprints.
jamesflamesposters
Art Connoisseur

Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:03 pm

banky311 wrote:
Cinlabyrinth wrote:Love the play on the football field scene + the old school game in the bottom corner
and the redhead in the car at the bottom of the print.
Good eye! Also, the trophies on the top shelf above his bed are the "Kiss" statues that they brought to the kegger party.
punch
Art Expert

Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:14 pm

I have a James Flames man crush. Fantastic D&C poster!
jkw3000
EB Team

Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:22 pm

raphulysses wrote:
circlexcomplete wrote:
sincere86a wrote:
The revenue from a reprint will be worth less than the damage to their brand & image. So we know because it is financially beneficial to not reprint, and honor code since they have said no reprints.
Even easier: contracts with studios. The reason why Mondo can't reprint a movie poster but Lucasfilm can slap the Moss SW design on koozies and Stout SW on puzzles.
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.