Mondo Poster News & Rumors

General art-related discussion.
acidburn
Art Daddy

Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:08 am

IWish wrote:
acidburn wrote:I remember when drops were at 630 am
Ha! ...and posters cost only $30 back in those days...maybe $38 w/shipping.
I remember smelling my Night of the Creeps.

I became a man that day.
bryndavies
Art Expert

Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:10 am

mr_rugby wrote:I wonder if 90% of the people who post in this thread even know who bk is
i do, and his work is awesome, and he was one of the original artists this forum was based on. again, it was a rock art place, for phans.
ImageT.K.C.
bryndavies
Art Expert

Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:11 am

wonkabars7 wrote:
sirmitchell wrote:
soam24 wrote:ANOTHER GREAT JAY SHAW PRINT (said no one ever)
Another perfect example of why nobody takes this forum seriously. Anonymous clowns making trite jokes about things they can't grasp. Get real dude, Jay rules.
Sorry man, not following you here.
You seem to take it seriously enough to log in and sass off at his haphazard comment. He doesn't like the poster, end of story. Why is he a clown? What exactly does he have to 'grasp'?

He could have chosen to take time in constructing a quality debriefing of the print, but he went with his knee jerk reaction. It's less about hiding behind the internet, and more about the fact that visual creativity (or lack thereof) often gets adored or cast aside in seconds.
sirmitchell wrote:The problem isn't about critiques, a good artist thrives off such things. This is about straight up personal attacks by a number of people from this forum. I have thick enough skin, it normally doesn't bother me
What was personal? You threw out the personal attack/name calling.

Also, in terms of 'folks not taking this place seriously' check out your other friend's threads, Olly and DD...places where good rapport (as well as critiques) is evident over a stretch of time between the artists and their fans/demographic.
i'm with wonka on this. "sir" came out firing, and then bitched and moaned about people who do the same fudge as he.
ImageT.K.C.
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:18 am

I wish BK posted more
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
bryndavies
Art Expert

Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:19 am

RambosRemodeler wrote:I wish BK posted more
truth!!!
ImageT.K.C.
binky79
Art Expert

Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:44 am

bk wrote:there was a point in time where fan art was just something an artist made for fun, not to sell and make a career off of
Brian2013
Art Expert

Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:50 am

by Codeblue

But he LOVES the show Big Brother, and premixed margaritas in foil packs.
jayper
Art Expert

Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:06 am

Have there been any rumors or ideas as to when Mondo is going to release the regular version of Back to the Future Part III by Durieux?

I have the other two regular versions and can't wait to complete the set!

Thanks in advance.
sirmitchell
Art Connoisseur

Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:16 am

wonkabars7 wrote:the main issue is an artist ridiculing someone if not an entire forum that helped make his career advancement and move to Austin possible.
I was about to check out of this conversation, but I have got to reply to this because let's face it, it's COMPLETE horseshit. It's trying to invalidate years of hard work, which began long before my name was mentioned on this forum. I did not make and perpetuate a thread about my art, I am not in debt to this forum. If I'm being honest, and anyone reading this, if you agree with the above statement from wonkabars7, please, don't buy anything from me in the future. I don't want support from people that think their patronage equals some sort of ownership in how I should act, think, or feel. If someone is being a cynical dickhead for no reason, I'm going to call them out on it. What does buying something from me have to do with that?

And EB is the reason I was able to move to Austin? What the hell are you smoking cause I want some.
longchamps
Art Connoisseur

Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:18 am

So, uh, how about that Batman show? Gonna be some pretty paper there...
bk
Art Connoisseur

Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:18 am

binky79 wrote:
bk wrote:there was a point in time where fan art was just something an artist made for fun, not to sell and make a career off of
35jn2q.jpg.jpg
ps binky79... if that 79 is your birth year, then you're 3 years younger then me... care to join me for a game of bingo and some jello?
binky79
Art Expert

Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:34 am

bk wrote:
binky79 wrote:
35jn2q.jpg.jpg
ps binky79... if that 79 is your birth year, then you're 3 years younger then me... care to join me for a game of bingo and some jello?
Absolutely. Gotta wrap it up early though, I've grown increasingly anxious about driving at night.
bk
Art Connoisseur

Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:42 am

binky79 wrote:
bk wrote:
binky79 wrote:
35jn2q.jpg.jpg
Absolutely. Gotta wrap it up early though, I've grown increasingly anxious about driving at night.
well bingo and jello can run a little late, it happens after dinner which is at 3:30 PM, so you might be outta there by 4:30
binky79
Art Expert

Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:51 am

bk wrote:well bingo and jello can run a little late, it happens after dinner which is at 3:30 PM, so you might be outta there by 4:30
Sundowns at 6, so even driving at half the speed limit, in the fast lane, and almost coming to a complete stop for left turns, I should be home before dark to take my evening pills and overpay for things I don't need on HSN.

Old people jokes!
bk
Art Connoisseur

Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:56 am

binky79 wrote:
bk wrote:well bingo and jello can run a little late, it happens after dinner which is at 3:30 PM, so you might be outta there by 4:30
Sundowns at 6, so even driving at half the speed limit, in the fast lane, and almost coming to a complete stop for left turns, I should be home before dark to take my evening pills and overpay for things I don't need on HSN.

Old people jokes!
well bingo and jello can run a little late, it happens after dinner which is around 3:30 PM, so you might be outta there by 4:30 or so