Mondo Poster News & Rumors

General art-related discussion.
FlapJack
Art Expert

Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:56 pm

rubberneck wrote:Says a lot when first pics of a new Stout variant for a classic cult film is crickets...
Again, it's not the art is necessarily bad ... it is definitely functional for the LP artwork ... the composition is just doesn't work stretched out as a poster in that way. This was a major shot to the nads for many fans who had huge expectations for this property/artist combo. Oh well ... can't win em all, on to the next.
MrMattSteinberg
Art Connoisseur

Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:39 pm

Sunday night drop? They made things so much fun 2 years ago. Sad, as of now it looks like nothing again
rubberneck
Art God

Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:40 pm

MrMattSteinberg wrote:Sunday night drop? They made things so much fun 2 years ago. Sad, as of now it looks like nothing again
Agree, that and Black Friday drop were fun interactive experiences...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
fitz
Art Expert

Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:59 pm

MrMattSteinberg wrote:Sunday night drop? They made things so much fun 2 years ago. Sad, as of now it looks like nothing again
that Oscars night was awesome though pretty brutal for those of us in the UK - I still "laugh" that I fell asleep on my keyboard about half an hour before the Stout drop so I slept right through it :oops:
punch
Art Expert

Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:02 pm

rubberneck wrote:
The Stout Django night was crazy fun. EB was going nuts.
MrMattSteinberg
Art Connoisseur

Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:04 pm

punch wrote:
rubberneck wrote:
The Stout Django night was crazy fun. EB was going nuts.
I remember being at my office and doing a victory lap around the entire floor after Les Miserables

Django caused a damn near heart attack too but it capped off a very fun and successful night -- C'mon Justin send that tweet!!!
jeter0204
Art Expert

Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:20 pm

Mondo hates us.......Don't expect anything
ImageImageImage
danieldanger wrote: "...IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN STOUT. WHY WASNT IT STOUT? MY GOD PEOPLE, WE COULD BE HOLDING STOUT POSTERS RIGHT NOW."
DAHeggy
Art Enthusiast

Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:24 pm

fitz wrote:
that Oscars night was awesome though pretty brutal for those of us in the UK - I still "laugh" that I fell asleep on my keyboard about half an hour before the Stout drop so I slept right through it :oops:
Could someone explain what happened?
sincere86a
Art Expert

Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:28 pm

DAHeggy wrote:
fitz wrote:
Mondo did random drops throughout the Oscars. It was a lot of fun but they've only done it once.
PrestigeWorldWide
Art Connoisseur

Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:45 pm

I haven't been at the game all that long but the online drops just seem a lot less important then they used to be. I remember the whole week of PTA stuff culminating in There Will Be Blood getting everybody psyched. The 2013 Black Friday drop was pretty fun, having a big time frame to Command+R. Even the MoS drops were pretty rad, we had a Moss, a metal Ansin that took hours to drop and then the timed edition. The Halloween midnight drop was pretty cool, especially when they said the wanted to do more stuff like it. Yet they haven't. The Disney drop was kind of fun but it was very picked through and was gallery leftovers and Guardians was just a cluster-f in general. But yeah I feel like Mondo is going for the more "personal" experience with the event exclusives but it just kind of leaves a lot of people on the outside. The online drops really aren't that fun anymore, especially now that its a cart system and you have to refresh for days. I think the anxiety of waiting for a page to refresh was a good part of the fun. :pint:
RiotAct
EB Team

Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:20 pm

sincere86a wrote:
DAHeggy wrote:
fitz wrote:
Mondo did random drops throughout the Oscars. It was a lot of fun but they've only done it once.
twice I believe? (2012 and 2013)
farva2
Art Connoisseur

Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:31 pm

The oscar drops were a blast! I literally ran a victory lap around my block when i scored the stout django.
mistersmith wrote: (an unlicensed Bad Boys 2 poster is probably the least essential use I can think of for a piece of paper. At least if you wipe your ass with some paper you will have cleaned up a mess).
c0bbz
Art Expert

Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:12 pm

All for Oscar drops, but having them during the show detracts from actually watching it.

Would love if they did something that afternoon or the day after, though.
Image ISO FILM NOIR Image
FlapJack
Art Expert

Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:15 pm

jeter0204 wrote:Mondo hates us.......Don't expect anything
There will probably be a fancy Oscars party at the gallery for Austinites, with free Durieux* posters
... since they hate the rest of us.

* did u see what I didn't do there?
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:23 pm

c0bbz wrote:All for Oscar drops, but having them during the show detracts from actually watching it.

Would love if they did something that afternoon or the day after, though.
This exactly.