Mondo Poster News & Rumors

General art-related discussion.
ajmmck
Art Expert

Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:06 pm

New website Friday. i liked the video, very Tim and Eric vibe!
https://mondotees.com/blogs/news/new-website
35mmpaul
Art Expert

Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:06 pm

https://mondotees.com/blogs/news/new-website
But perhaps the biggest new feature is The Drop - a dedicated space for our limited edition stuff that makes it easier to cart and check out. Our posters will likely be the main thing that lives in The Drop, but you may also find other product types popping in from time to time (we will let you know when/if something is releasing in The Drop, so don’t worry about that). Speaking of time: We’re killing random drop times - The Drop features a countdown clock so you know exactly when the next release is happening…
no more random drop times.

mondoshop.com doesn't have the same ring to it.
jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!
sincere86a
Art Expert

Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:08 pm

So no more F5ing I guess. The add to cart button just appears.

Take all the fun out of it why don't you....
dodgers77
Art Expert

Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:14 pm

I hope now they will restructure there shipping department :wink: Yeah right !
BENYOUNG20
Art Expert

Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:17 pm

So test out the new Drop function on an low demand product.....or go all in on Friday and try it on something hot like a Kurtz "The Child" print.

Will our logins remain the same / hold our order from the old site....you know in case we are still waiting for stuff from last year.
dodgers77
Art Expert

Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:21 pm

Will it be bot proof
35mmpaul
Art Expert

Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:23 pm

daw. at least ben has this site and discord to pass the time while he is waiting for a poster to ship.
EgoDeath
Art Connoisseur

Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:33 pm

Just more superfluous updates to drum up a buzz.

lol at the url change.

The scheduled drop time has happened before, like on Black Friday Ex Machina/Ragnorak. Just a feeble attempt to get things to start selling out quickly again and spark back up that hype they've been missing in their Twitter comments.

Don't understand why they aren't using this budget they have for website updates and marketing to... like... buy some new licenses or to lure in/back some artists.
wonkabars7
Art Expert

Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:51 pm

Good stuff is mostly timed anywayz
Darkknight37
Art Expert

Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:15 pm

KSUvet
Art Expert

Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:13 pm

EgoDeath wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:33 pm
Just more superfluous updates to drum up a buzz.

lol at the url change.

The scheduled drop time has happened before, like on Black Friday Ex Machina/Ragnorak. Just a feeble attempt to get things to start selling out quickly again and spark back up that hype they've been missing in their Twitter comments.

Don't understand why they aren't using this budget they have for website updates and marketing to... like... buy some new licenses or to lure in/back some artists.
But she's got a new hat!
"I see dudes using cotton gloves on prints that I know were printed while someone was drinking a beer or eating Cheetos, while water leaked from the ceiling. And I'm not even talking about my shop!" - alexfugazi
kansasbbq
Art God

Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:42 pm

Nobody cares anymore.
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
hunterjax
Art Expert

Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:52 am

name change going to be used in a lot of hot take posts about "back when it was Mondo Tees . . . "
KingOfNothing
Art Connoisseur

Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:12 pm

kansasbbq wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:42 pm
Nobody cares anymore.
Exactly.

I called it back when the first Mondo Con was announced, "peak Mondo" was in full effect and would ultimately lead to their decline. Not everything needs to have a "Comic Con" and yet, Mondo thought it would be a great idea. Mondo Con actually has a very negative effect on the hobby, regardless of how wonderful people might think the event is getting to interact with their print heroes. Look at the timeline, and trace it to today. Mondo's failing can be traced back to the first MC. Artists are stretched thin, torn between both Comic Con that most attended in the past and MC there just isn't enough time in the year to have both events without a drop in content and quality from all the artists involved. Mondo has lost sight of what they once were great at.

Here we are today, coveted Mondo drops are non existent, they get new, up and coming artists that just don't have the same... quality as earlier Mondo artists. Couple that with the severe drop in art direction that is a result of a certain someone who no longer works there. Face it, Mondo straight up sucks today, save for a very, very rare drop like the most recent Roger Kastel Jaws print and that was just a recreation of an already existing piece of art. Plus, (IMHO) the competition has finally caught up and passed Mondo in terms of license deals and art quality.

Mondo would have to have a serious output from Horkey/Moss/Stout to even budge the needle back to where they once were perched. A name rebranding and new website ain't it chief.
NEVER FORGET Image 02/14/14
Je préfère mourir sur mes pieds que de vivre à genoux
35mmpaul
Art Expert

Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:40 pm

have you ever been to a mondocon?

horkey/moss/stout have no interest in making movie posters. they have moved on to other creative endeavors.