Mondo Poster News & Rumors

General art-related discussion.
DeadHand
Art Expert

Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:13 pm

63schoeffling wrote:
lsmith55 wrote:Does every shitty horror movie need a vinyl soundtrack?
Biding my time until the Sharknado release.
Was looking for a picture of the 90201 guy in his surfer suit giving a thumbs up or something, but instead I found this:

Now I'm wishing Adam West was younger and this could actually happen :(

(and yes I know that's from Batman the Movie before someone goes uber nerd on me)
63schoeffling
Art Expert

Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:16 pm

Haha that's perfect.
YORKSHIREpuddin
Art Expert

Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:09 pm

The random inserts are back. Hopefully it's because this release was already in production.

http://mondotees.com/blogs/news/1889367 ... -2-selects
rickker
Art Connoisseur

Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:11 pm

YORKSHIREpuddin wrote:The random inserts are back.
BOOOOOO!!!
No matter where you go, there you are.
Superfro33
Art Expert

Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:13 pm

That Maniac Cop variant makes me hungry for an Atomic Fireball.
matowest
Art Expert

Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:15 pm

rickker wrote:
YORKSHIREpuddin wrote:The random inserts are back.
BOOOOOO!!!
YORKSHIREpuddin
Art Expert

Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:19 pm

Duke Of Burgundy stream http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/ ... s-20150220

I've heard great things about the movie although the soundtrack isn't really doing it for me.
mobius006
Art Freak

Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:31 pm

typos huh billy?

iambillyg
Art Freak

Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:49 pm

mobius006 wrote:typos huh billy?
Cinlabyrinth
Art Expert

Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:22 pm

Not sure why but I had high hopes for the GID layer on the War of the Worlds variant, and I keep trying to make things glow that clearly won't, but think maybe if I just hold out hope a little bit more it will glow
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:42 am

mfaith wrote:A MondoCon 2 announcement would also be nice. :-)
So it goes...
Thalass
Art Connoisseur

Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:51 am

Cinlabyrinth wrote:Not sure why but I had high hopes for the GID layer on the War of the Worlds variant, and I keep trying to make things glow that clearly won't, but think maybe if I just hold out hope a little bit more it will glow
Was it advertised as having a GID layer? If so, and you know that it's there for certain, why not just place the print near a sunny window for 20ish minutes and then put it in a dark room to see if anything happens? The effects shouldn't be all that subtle. The only GID print I have is Englert's Bioshock, but the glow layer on that print is quite prominent.

Also, seeing as I haven't framed that print yet, how does the GID layer work anyway? Is it via UV light coming in contact with the print? If so, I'm not sure how I'd frame it. Usually I frame my prints behind archival quality UV blocking glass so that they aren't damaged/bleached by sunlight, but that'd also render the GID layer useless if it works on UV.
63schoeffling
Art Expert

Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:08 am

^ I do believe the type of glass you use affects how much "charge" the GID receives. I don't have anything like that framed but pretty much for the same reason you mentioned... I use museum glass for everything. And honestly, idk how many times I would actually get to even see a GID layer in my house with the light coming in.
Cinlabyrinth
Art Expert

Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:14 am

Thalass wrote:
Cinlabyrinth wrote:Not sure why but I had high hopes for the GID layer on the War of the Worlds variant, and I keep trying to make things glow that clearly won't, but think maybe if I just hold out hope a little bit more it will glow
Was it advertised as having a GID layer? If so, and you know that it's there for certain, why not just place the print near a sunny window for 20ish minutes and then put it in a dark room to see if anything happens? The effects shouldn't be all that subtle. The only GID print I have is Englert's Bioshock, but the glow layer on that print is quite prominent.

Also, seeing as I haven't framed that print yet, how does the GID layer work anyway? Is it via UV light coming in contact with the print? If so, I'm not sure how I'd frame it. Usually I frame my prints behind archival quality UV blocking glass so that they aren't damaged/bleached by sunlight, but that'd also render the GID layer useless if it works on UV.

It's not really a big deal, just me whining for the sake of whining. The only things that glow, that I can tell, are the green sections of the tripods. Nothing else on it glows, which is fine. I prolly don't understand what GID layer means or something
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:19 am

Cinlabyrinth wrote:
Thalass wrote:

It's not really a big deal, just me whining for the sake of whining. The only things that glow, that I can tell, are the green sections of the tripods. Nothing else on it glows, which is fine. I prolly don't understand what GID layer means or something
I believe it's just like any other color layer. Let's say you have a black color layer. A screen is burned to allow only the areas specified to receive black to let that color through. Same with this. Whatever areas they designated to receive the GiD treatment, received it. It's up to the artist/designer to decide what should glow.
So it goes...