Mondo Poster News & Rumors

General art-related discussion.
jkw3000
EB Team

Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:47 pm

DeadHand wrote:
Timbrh2001 wrote:
NEWPORTS69 wrote:TT is the weakest of the 3 prints, it's a tree with the lovers, who wants that and its price reflects it respectfully. No interest in that print at all.

Return is badass all around, dragon fighting a giant bird, more dragons flying around, what more do you want if you like dragons? Instant classic

then we get to FELLOWSHIP

First of the series and clearly the best, my god, the first time I saw it, I couldn't even comprehend what it was. Like watching the Matrix in the theater back in 99. It uses the most overdone scene and still takes it that crazy library room from Interstellar he got stuck in. drymount. It took me a day to realize what was going on and then when I saw it, I had to have it. Clearly Fellowship was destine to be the crown jewel of the series
The lower price is not a reflection on TT being "the weakest" of the 3 prints. ROTK is just artificially inflated due to the fact that the run numbers are way lower than TT and FOTR.
I haven't seen them in person, but have to say dragon vs giant bird appeals to me a lot more than hobbits riding on a tree.
Man, if seeing dragons fighting birds is more important than hobbits riding trees, Two Towers the movie is going to be as annoying as hell to ya. :P

To each their own, it's great that the trilogy Horkey's done seems to vary enough that people can probably make do with just their favorite one. Me, I just love seeing Horkey actually draw some friggin' hobbits, filthy though they may be...
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
Particle
Art Expert

Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:48 pm

NEWPORTS69 wrote:TT is the weakest of the 3 prints, it's a tree with the lovers, who wants that and its price reflects it respectfully. No interest in that print at all.
This is just two dumb sentences.
PLUSH
Art Expert

Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:49 pm

UrsusMorris wrote:And for those that think you only need a bot to score: i already mentioned i scored on my iPhone5. Not only that, i scored on my iPhone5 that still runs on iOS6.1.4. I never once updated to the iOS7 system. And they've already come out with a few updates on iOS8 (that i refuse to change to). So it can be done.

I hate the flippers got a majority of 'em though. Wish they could have all gone to the people who actually want them to hang.

Boss of you! Must be that amazing connection you got in Amarillo. :clap:
DeadHand
Art Expert

Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:55 pm

jkw3000 wrote:
Man, if seeing dragons fighting birds is more important than hobbits riding trees, Two Towers the movie is going to be as annoying as hell to ya. :P
Nah I liked Two Towers quite a bit more than Return of the King. ITT might be more I'm not a huge fan of the hobbits and those talking tree guys...composition is fine and it's neat that you can see the tower in the background.

(realize you're not being completely serious, but just to set the record straight 8) )
essential
Art Connoisseur

Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:57 pm

Rob Jones' Top 10 Posters of 2014 should be on the main page, not the blog, that's where everything goes now ... /end sarcasm
i flip therefore i am
finneganm
Art Freak

Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:57 pm

DeadHand wrote:
jkw3000 wrote:
Nah I liked Two Towers quite a bit more than Return of the King. ITT might be more I'm not a huge fan of the hobbits and those talking tree guys...composition is fine and it's neat that you can see the tower in the background.
If you're calling them "those talking tree guys", these are probably not the posters for you.
That's what she said
rubberneck
Art God

Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:58 pm

I wanted one Horkey LOTR print. I managed to score a TT. Horkey does flora and fauna real well and with some hobbitses in there, it's immediately obvious as a LOTR piece. I'm happy.

I whiffed this am by not being on the correct page and went on with business. This hobby is always peaks and troughs. I managed to snag a Phlegm Fight Or Flight, which arrived last night btw, by pure blind luck on a tablet back when.

People need to accept that no amount of pre-planning or analysis came make a drop guaranteed. That part of the fun of this hobby. And I don't want unlimited editions.

Tl:dr Failed on The Hork, but Phlegm is keeping me warm at night over Christmas season. That's the nature of this twisted game we play :pint:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
UrsusMorris
Art Expert

To PLUSH: In Pampa. At work. In a giant metal shop. On LTE, with only 2-out-of-5 bars.
DickButt wrote:
UrsusMorris wrote: I hate the flippers got a majority of 'em though. Wish they could have all gone to the people who actually want them to hang.
In what crazy world is 15% of something the majority?
Ok maybe not a majority, but still a huge chunk. I guarantee you though, to the people that weren't lucky enough to score this that truely wanted it, it sure feels like a majority!
mattkardish wrote:the polar bear would take the great white to the corner of jabroni drive and know your role boulevard and rock bottom his ass onto that stop sign and finish him off with the people's elbow. clearly y'all can't smell what the polar bear is cookin.
essential
Art Connoisseur

finneganm wrote:If you're calling them "those talking tree guys", these are probably not the posters for you.
rofl
i flip therefore i am
TKuczynski
Art Expert

Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:59 pm

Wasn't around for the drop... did it really not show up on the Posters page? Is that really what happened or was there just a delay between the two?
jesseindisguise
Art Expert

Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:59 pm

TKuczynski wrote:Wasn't around for the drop... did it really not show up on the Posters page? Is that really what happened or was there just a delay between the two?
It showed up, like 15 minutes later.
Blake wrote:Always Be Tubing.
fitz
Art Expert

Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:00 pm

TKuczynski wrote:Wasn't around for the drop... did it really not show up on the Posters page? Is that really what happened or was there just a delay between the two?
it really didn't show up until about 15 minutes after it went live.....
jkw3000
EB Team

Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:02 pm

finneganm wrote:
DeadHand wrote:
jkw3000 wrote:
If you're calling them "those talking tree guys", these are probably not the posters for you.
:lol:

Different strokes, different folks. Think all three are great and it's now just splitting hairs on what you prefer...flaming balrogs and faceless wizards, trees and midgets, birds and dragons. ALL WINNERS THERE.
jkw3000
EB Team

Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:04 pm

Also learned today: Mondo thread may be bad, but the complaints on Mondo's facebook page...yeesh. Makes this place look like goddamn Shangri-La.
TheBeard
Art Expert

Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:05 pm

Yeah, my favorite part of Mondo drops FOR YEARS has always been the amount of whiny entitlement on the facebook mondo page
Woodrocket podcast - http://itun.es/us/8lNFJ.c