Mondo Poster News & Rumors

General art-related discussion.
mangchi
Art Enthusiast

Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:48 pm

fitz
Art Expert

Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:56 pm

PLUSH wrote:Who's the Dr., Flash Gordon is fighting?
George Clooney from ER I think. could be House.

I generally like Eng's work a lot, and am a fan of Flash Gordon, but not feeling that one at all :(
jeter0204
Art Expert

Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:01 pm

Should be getting to be that time of the month where people start talking about bubble bursting and can't flip fudge....Seems like we are already partially there. Can't wait :hanging: :hanging: :hanging:
ImageImageImage
danieldanger wrote: "...IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN STOUT. WHY WASNT IT STOUT? MY GOD PEOPLE, WE COULD BE HOLDING STOUT POSTERS RIGHT NOW."
jmagee87
Art Expert

Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:05 pm

jeter0204 wrote:Should be getting to be that time of the month where people start talking about bubble bursting and can't flip fudge....Seems like we are already partially there. Can't wait :hanging: :hanging: :hanging:
It was already discussed this morning. Go back 5 or 6 pages
Kramerica wrote:never listen to anything rambo says.
RambosRemodeler wrote:You're entitled to your opinion but it's wrong.
jeter0204
Art Expert

Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:08 pm

jmagee87 wrote:
jeter0204 wrote:Should be getting to be that time of the month where people start talking about bubble bursting and can't flip fudge....Seems like we are already partially there. Can't wait :hanging: :hanging: :hanging:
I've found it is better to not look in the past when it comes to the Mondo thread.
ImageImageImage
danieldanger wrote: "...IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN STOUT. WHY WASNT IT STOUT? MY GOD PEOPLE, WE COULD BE HOLDING STOUT POSTERS RIGHT NOW."
frieddumpling
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:08 pm

Buckhammer
Art Expert

Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:34 pm

Limited Mondo giveaway in San Antonio?! http://drafthouse.com/movies/creature-f ... =Marketing
RobJones wrote:Billy, how Everest was I last night?
ajmmck
Art Expert

Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:56 pm

Oh man, i hope my Pogs make a come back then!!!
MoviePosterEmpire

Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:48 pm

ajmmck wrote:
Oh man, i hope my Pogs make a come back then!!!
I see two that I had. 8)
wonkabars7
Art Expert

Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:36 pm

jeter0204 wrote:
jmagee87 wrote:
I've found it is better to not look in the past when it comes to the Mondo thread.
I enjoyed a good reread of the Moss SW set 'drop info' section of the old thread now and again. Talk about hype, and warranted to boot.
Last edited by wonkabars7 on Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wonkabars7
Art Expert

Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:39 pm

Wockenfuss wrote:
Kramerica wrote:Come on guys. Any real flipper worth their salt knows there were only ever 2-3 mondo prints that were really worth a good flip in any given year. It's only the noobs and amateurs that have ever relied on Mondo for a good flip.
This is interesting. What do you consider a "good" flip? Double or Triple? Just glancing through Art of the Year, here's what I see as good (and I'm sure I'm either missing some or being too generous):

Horkey Fellowship (especially at first)
Durieux The Birds
Moss The Jungle Book
Stout Guardians of the Galaxy
Durieux Back to the Future
Durieux Back to the Future II
You list the Durieux BTTFs before the reg and vars of Rear Window, Vertigo, etc? That entire gallery show he did is the best thing Mondo has done in years.
Wockenfuss
Art Expert

Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:45 pm

wonkabars7 wrote:
Wockenfuss wrote:
Kramerica wrote:Come on guys. Any real flipper worth their salt knows there were only ever 2-3 mondo prints that were really worth a good flip in any given year. It's only the noobs and amateurs that have ever relied on Mondo for a good flip.
This is interesting. What do you consider a "good" flip? Double or Triple? Just glancing through Art of the Year, here's what I see as good (and I'm sure I'm either missing some or being too generous):

Durieux The Birds
Moss The Jungle Book
You list the Durieux BTTFs before the reg and vars of Rear Window, Vertigo, etc? That entire gallery show he did is the best thing Mondo has done in years.
I didn't really put a whole lot into it. Just something to do while I was having lunch...
I Heart Haddonfield.
spankman
Art Expert

Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:30 pm

Buckhammer wrote:Limited Mondo giveaway in San Antonio?! http://drafthouse.com/movies/creature-f ... =Marketing
Still waiting for an Ansin CreatureImage
"I rushed him and caught him flush on the temple with a titanic right hand he was out cold, convulsing on the floor like an infantile retard.” Mike Tyson
PLUSH
Art Expert

Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:59 pm

wonkabars7 wrote:
Wockenfuss wrote:

Durieux The Birds
Moss The Jungle Book

Sucks I missed this show.
UrsusMorris
Art Expert

Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:21 am

spankman wrote:Still waiting for an Ansin CreatureImage
Yup. Though i don't see anyone's beating Francavilla's. That was a match made in Heaven.
mattkardish wrote:the polar bear would take the great white to the corner of jabroni drive and know your role boulevard and rock bottom his ass onto that stop sign and finish him off with the people's elbow. clearly y'all can't smell what the polar bear is cookin.