Mondo Poster News & Rumors

General art-related discussion.
Diabolos80
Art Expert

Mon May 02, 2016 8:49 pm

elanmars wrote:
binky79 wrote:Deadpool isnt Marvel Studios, its Fox.
True-it's a Marvel character, just with the film rights owned by Fox.

If only one day Marvel could get the rights back, buy them back, or work with them...they've been trying real hard to push the Inhumans as pseudo-X-Men, and it just doesn't work. No one cares.
At this point I'm more excited for Inhumans than another X-Men movie where all the heroes have absolutely no training and they all suck at their jobs.
steelbooklover
Art Connoisseur

Mon May 02, 2016 8:51 pm

Diabolos80 wrote:
elanmars wrote:

If only one day Marvel could get the rights back, buy them back, or work with them...they've been trying real hard to push the Inhumans as pseudo-X-Men, and it just doesn't work. No one cares.
At this point I'm more excited for Inhumans than another X-Men movie where all the heroes have absolutely no training and they all suck at their jobs.
inhumans was cancelled last I heard
punch
Art Expert

Mon May 02, 2016 9:00 pm

So who's getting the Stout Civil War? Mondo or HCG?
elanmars
Art Connoisseur

Mon May 02, 2016 9:00 pm

Gandhi wrote:I really hope this is all the release this week. What a big drymount you that would be.
to see some of my photography, click down below!
http://www.facebook.com/tomasraulphotography
elanmars
Art Connoisseur

Mon May 02, 2016 9:05 pm

Diabolos80 wrote:
elanmars wrote:

It's amusing that in a movie with Professor X, Storm, and Cyclops, Fox studios makes Mystique the one who seems to lead/inspire the X-Men. Getting that Jennifer Lawrence crowd...

...but so far, with Inhumans, seems like they've put it on hold. They've been pushing them hard in the comics, and the interest just isn't there, they're retreading a lot of X-Men stuff with the Inhumans, and frankly, most of us rather see the X-Men instead. It's gonna take a lot of writing and getting the right writing/art teams to make Inhumans more appealing.
to see some of my photography, click down below!
http://www.facebook.com/tomasraulphotography
NEWPORTS69
Art Connoisseur

Mon May 02, 2016 9:14 pm

i think antman and wolverine could make good duo, if they can make 10 fast and furious they could make 10 antman and wolverine flicks
UrsusMorris
Art Expert

Mon May 02, 2016 9:25 pm

NEWPORTS69 wrote:i think antman and wolverine could make good duo, if they can make 10 fast and furious they could make 10 antman and wolverine flicks
Well lets hope they don't.
mattkardish wrote:the polar bear would take the great white to the corner of jabroni drive and know your role boulevard and rock bottom his ass onto that stop sign and finish him off with the people's elbow. clearly y'all can't smell what the polar bear is cookin.
Diabolos80
Art Expert

Mon May 02, 2016 9:27 pm

UrsusMorris wrote:
NEWPORTS69 wrote:i think antman and wolverine could make good duo, if they can make 10 fast and furious they could make 10 antman and wolverine flicks
Even with ten more films they still wouldn't get Wolvie right.
NEWPORTS69
Art Connoisseur

Mon May 02, 2016 9:30 pm

UrsusMorris wrote:
ff x already a go :pint:
http://deadline.com/2016/02/fast-furiou ... 201695535/

but i could settle on 3 antman and wolverines, anything with wolverine and im there as long as it's HJ, if not, im done
binky79
Art Expert

Mon May 02, 2016 9:33 pm

Gandhi wrote:You know cause of Civil War and May the 4th...
And NOT releasing stuff would be equivalent to "drymount You"?

Maybe I missed something, have they been hyping either of those things recently?
jkw3000
EB Team

Mon May 02, 2016 9:39 pm

They also didn't release Age of Ultron (both Mondo and HCG) until well after the movie release, so who knows.
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
Gandhi
Art Connoisseur

Mon May 02, 2016 9:47 pm

binky79 wrote:
Gandhi wrote:You know cause of Civil War and May the 4th...
And NOT releasing stuff would be equivalent to "drymount You"?

Maybe I missed something, have they been hyping either of those things recently?
God damn, why are so many people on here such tight asses. It was a joke because, you know, Marvel and Star Wars are the two hottest licenses right now and both have events this week that people are expecting something to drop for at least one of them. So yeah, releasing this underwhelming poster for a movie that hasn't had a wide release and not acknowledging May the 4th or Civil War would kind of be a drymount you. But considering how active they have been with the Star Wars license I would assume we will at least get some SW love even if they hold off on the Civil War release.
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Mon May 02, 2016 9:51 pm

So it was a joke, or wasn't a joke...? I'm confused. :neutral:

I feel it's probably safe to assume we'll get another pair of portraits from Mike. Any guesses slash wishes for who they'll be?
So it goes...
weshallallbe
Art Expert

Mon May 02, 2016 10:01 pm

mfaith wrote:So it was a joke, or wasn't a joke...? I'm confused. :neutral:

I feel it's probably safe to assume we'll get another pair of portraits from Mike. Any guesses slash wishes for who they'll be?

Mike said probably not portraits on the 4th. Paraphrasing here but he said probably nothing from him...maybe one thing if Mondo gets the approval in time.
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Mon May 02, 2016 10:03 pm

weshallallbe wrote:
mfaith wrote:So it was a joke, or wasn't a joke...? I'm confused. :neutral:

Mike said probably not portraits on the 4th. Paraphrasing here but he said probably nothing from him...maybe one thing if Mondo gets the approval in time.
Ah, thanks. Guess I missed that.
So it goes...