Mondo Poster News & Rumors

General art-related discussion.
ccsmd598
Art Expert

Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:01 am

Haha wasn't trying to be negative I just saw alot of these comments on IG yesterday with the same suggestions. Again, if Mondo wants to donate that is fantastic - never said they shouldn't. All I am saying is that if people are that interested in contributing to Carrie's legacy there's nothing stopping them from doing it now. Was not being a Grinch or cynical.
Ya'll see the leprechaun say yaaaaaa!
mrsippycups
Art Connoisseur

Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:20 am

I'm holding out for the MBW personally
recycler wrote:You do not need poster nerds to tell you what you should like.
ISO: "Champagne Charlie" sheet music cover by Alfred Concanen
GatorsCanes
Art Expert

Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:36 am

Kramerica wrote:
ccsmd598 wrote:
wonkabars7 wrote:Selfishly I have always wanted ANH hair buns profile portrait done of her. Seems perfect for the series.

Regardless if this is released, 100% of the proceeds should go to charities she supported. #BNG
100% of the proceeds do not need to go to charities she supported. If Mondo wants to do so, then good for them - fantastic. This print was clearly in the making long before Carrie had any life-threatening health issues. If people really care about the charities that Carrie supported and want to donate in the spirit of her legacy then there's nothing stopping them from donating right NOW and not waiting for a portrait of her to be released to justify donating to charity.
That's an oddly negative and aggressive response to what was a simple, good-natured suggestion.
Especially from someone who joined on Star Wars day. Geez. :lol:
NEVER PAY VIA PAYPAL GIFT. NEVER PAY FRIENDS/FAMILY. PAY THE FEES YOURSELF, THE 3% IS WORTH IT TO NOT BE SCAMMED
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:42 am

I get his point though. May have come off aggressive, but he's right. All of theses charities take direct donations. Give now, and don't wait for some release to be charitable. It's also kind of weird to try and pressure a company into doing some charity thing. Hash tagging it with BNG came off a little bit like that. *shrugs*
So it goes...
jmagee87
Art Expert

Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:45 am

mfaith wrote:I get his point though. May have come off aggressive, but he's right. All of theses charities take direct donations. Give now, and don't wait for some release to be charitable. It's also kind of weird to try and pressure a company into doing some charity thing. Hash tagging it with BNG came off a little bit like that. *shrugs*
Agreed
Kramerica wrote:never listen to anything rambo says.
RambosRemodeler wrote:You're entitled to your opinion but it's wrong.
Kramerica
Art Freak

Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:05 pm

Those things are not mutually exclusive. The point of a company with a high profile getting involved is to raise money that isn't otherwise getting donated and to raise more awareness for a cause. But this is EB, so it's not too surprising that people will take time to fudge on a nice suggestion. I don't see how a post on EB is considered 'applying pressure to a company'.

How many people would buy the print regardless of a donation being made? Those are the people that the action targets. Those that are otherwise ignorant to Fisher's life and efforts outside of being Leia. It's not rocket surgery.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
jmagee87
Art Expert

Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:09 pm

Kramerica wrote:I don't see how a post on EB is considered 'applying pressure to a company'.
I think he's more talking about the instagram and facebook comments on their post saying that's what they should do. Not necessarily the eb comment
mrsippycups
Art Connoisseur

Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:11 pm

Kramerica wrote:I don't see how a post on EB is considered 'applying pressure to a company'.

Because we are the High Lords of Art, companies crumble and artist wither to dust at our disapproval. We must use caution or we will upset the balance.
recycler wrote:You do not need poster nerds to tell you what you should like.
ISO: "Champagne Charlie" sheet music cover by Alfred Concanen
jkw3000
EB Team

Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:13 pm

It applies a little pressure, given that the alternative to not adopting the suggestion can be read as willful ignorance of a charitable good.
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
matowest
Art Expert

Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:17 pm

mrsippycups wrote:I'm holding out for the MBW personally
Count on it
jkw3000
EB Team

Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:17 pm

matowest wrote:
Count on it
eBay listing pending
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
jmagee87
Art Expert

Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:23 pm

matowest wrote:
Count on it
Surprised one of the interns hasn't whipped up the image yet.
ccsmd598
Art Expert

Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:29 pm

mfaith wrote:I get his point though. May have come off aggressive, but he's right. All of theses charities take direct donations. Give now, and don't wait for some release to be charitable. It's also kind of weird to try and pressure a company into doing some charity thing. Hash tagging it with BNG came off a little bit like that. *shrugs*
That's all I honestly meant too. The #BNG probably allowed my post sound a tad bit more abrasive but it was all in good will.
Ya'll see the leprechaun say yaaaaaa!
glenn1
Art Expert

Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:06 pm

Twin Peaks FWWM

wonkabars7
Art Expert

Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:09 pm

People can obviously donate to who they want when they want, my suggestion is merely to point out the opportunity for a company to honor an immensely popular actress (who probably portrayed the most important female character in pop culture history) in a simple yet effective way. They would raise much more than I could personally give on my own accord, but you already know that (?).

The #BNG is more of a praise of what Joe and Co. do in that regard (Stranger Things comes to mind), and less of a slight to Mondo. I just think its a good opportunity to do something cool for and in honor of Carrie Fisher, someone who's likeness has made millions for various companies over the years. Maybe change that up just this once...?

Meanwhile, a forum is for opinions, and I hope the vast amounts of loot I have spent and sent to Mondo over the years at least warrants my opinion being typed now and again, which if nothing else hopefully gives a reprieve from the constant doses of groupthink.