Mondo Poster News & Rumors

General art-related discussion.
dskdaniel
Art Expert

Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:00 pm

Also I assume Mondo's will have more of the score, than the two tracks on the soundtrack album.
Superfro33
Art Expert

Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:11 pm

dskdaniel wrote:Also I assume Mondo's will have more of the score, than the two tracks on the soundtrack album.
Exactly. There's a marked difference in "soundtrack" vs. "score".
dskdaniel
Art Expert

Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:16 pm

Superfro33 wrote:
dskdaniel wrote:Also I assume Mondo's will have more of the score, than the two tracks on the soundtrack album.
Exactly. There's a marked difference in "soundtrack" vs. "score".
I mean, if Mondo isn't able to at least secure the two Huey Lewis songs I'll still be super bummed... if I ever get a record player, and feel like it's worth the energy to not just ask Siri to play them.
esmagnus
New User

Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:29 pm

https://www.etsy.com/listing/223552355/ ... ture-vinyl[/quote]
Oh well...If there is one copy of a 30 year old record available for $300....why repress it?![/quote]

I mean, you can get a used copy for $15, but ok.[/quote]

Finding a sealed copy of this classic album is pretty rare, which I assume is the reason it's so expensive. Or, maybe the person selling it doesn't really want to sell it :)
BENYOUNG20
Art Expert

Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:15 pm

mcsquiggins wrote:Back to the Future has been widely available on vinyl for 30 years.
I mean, you can get a used copy for $15, but ok.
No I completely agree with you....clearly there is no need to repress it since there is clearly no interest in anyone buying this.
jlewis6159
Art Connoisseur

Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:29 pm

BENYOUNG20 wrote:
mcsquiggins wrote:Back to the Future has been widely available on vinyl for 30 years.
I mean, you can get a used copy for $15, but ok.
No I completely agree with you....clearly there is no need to repress it since there is clearly no interest in anyone buying this.
Yes there is interest in buying this. But it's pretty obvious that the point he's trying to make is that if anyone has been waiting for this then they could have bought it anytime.
mcsquiggins
Art Connoisseur

Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:33 pm

Yeah, I don't know, this reeks of the kind of fudge major labels have been pulling for years with RSD by repressing bargain bin records and selling them for $40 because they're "limited 180 gram virgin wax" or whatever. But if this is the entire score, then I will also be buying it. Just don't see the need for a bunch of hype over a record that they pressed a million copies of.
35mmpaul
Art Expert

Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:38 pm

It probably has to do with the fact its a beloved movie with a beloved soundtrack and knowing Mondo it will have some great packaging, variant vinlys, and some fun liner notes. So if you haven't snagged it before on vinyl and want a "special edition" this one might do it for you.
jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!
attackconquer
Art Connoisseur

Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:06 pm

35mmpaul wrote:It probably has to do with the fact its a beloved movie with a beloved soundtrack and knowing Mondo it will have some great packaging, variant vinlys, and some fun liner notes. So if you haven't snagged it before on vinyl and want a "special edition" this one might do it for you.
when did Mondo open an office in NYC?
bbbbbbblam!
35mmpaul
Art Expert

Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:13 pm

attackconquer wrote:
35mmpaul wrote:It probably has to do with the fact its a beloved movie with a beloved soundtrack and knowing Mondo it will have some great packaging, variant vinlys, and some fun liner notes. So if you haven't snagged it before on vinyl and want a "special edition" this one might do it for you.
Sorry I was trying to add to the conversation...is that ok?
attackconquer
Art Connoisseur

Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:14 pm

35mmpaul wrote:
attackconquer wrote:
Sorry I was trying to add to the conversation...is that ok?
ill allow it 8)
bbbbbbblam!
attackconquer
Art Connoisseur

Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:17 pm

check out this theory....maybe the reason why theres so much BLUE is because making DUST was too hard to screen print?!

notice the lack of dust! yet these cars will kicking up all tons of dusts. DISCUST!
bbbbbbblam!
35mmpaul
Art Expert

Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:17 pm

BENYOUNG20
Art Expert

Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:45 pm

mcsquiggins wrote:Yeah, I don't know, this reeks of the kind of fudge major labels have been pulling for years with RSD by repressing bargain bin records and selling them for $40 because they're "limited 180 gram virgin wax" or whatever. But if this is the entire score, then I will also be buying it. Just don't see the need for a bunch of hype over a record that they pressed a million copies of.
I agree that's a problem...but BTF is not a bargain bin release...and most likely this release will be score and not soundtrack so completely different than the original.
rubberneck
Art God

Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:04 pm

Probably disc one of this:

http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.A/id.6315/.f

I have it, a good release.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"