Mondo Poster News & Rumors

General art-related discussion.
fitz
Art Expert

Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:06 pm

nevadinova wrote:I also picked up the set. Not going to lie, I've never even seen the flick. Seems like a short term failip but a decent long-term investment. And I really do like the prints...Tomer does nice work and I dig his style. It's surprising how many great movies Mondo has led me to seeing...I'll be adding this one to my queue.
its a proper "cult" film.
TheGeneralDean
Art Connoisseur

Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:07 pm

Variant. Impulse buy. Willing to trade.

Think the print is insanely beautiful, but admittedly I feel like a poser for not having seen it.

First Mondo print I landed all year, I think o just try to try now.
Prisco077
Art Connoisseur

Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:08 pm

Anyone else notice that it doesn't seem to be holding the item in your cart for as long? I had the variant in my cart and when I went to pay I got kicked back to the inventory screen.
BC0120
Art Enthusiast

Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:12 pm

zombiejp wrote:Did anyone happen to make it to Audussey? Looked like it was pretty bananas. Wish I could have been there to snag something. Were those Mono slipmats I saw in the Instagram pic?
I got there at 10:50 am thinking that was a good time to get and and when I walked into the Highball, there was already 30 people there. It was fairly unorganized and men were shoving each other a bit (even moving over a lady). There were like 3 Drive vinyls, a handful of Jurassic Parks, and considered lucky if you got Guardians of the Galaxy . I saw one guy buy at least 10 Girl Walks Home vinyls. It wasn't too bad besides all the bearded boy/men pushing around :)
KSUvet
Art Expert

Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:44 pm

ctankep wrote:And is it just me, or does the car interior seem "closer" than the outside of the car?
It does, now that you mention it. :lol:
dundun wrote:. . .Martin Sheen looks like a skinny Benicio Del Toro. . .
I thought the same thing when I saw it, but I wasn't familiar with the movie at all to know who was actually depicted :lol: . In fact, I'm not sure if I've seen any of this guy's films, so this is more "meh" for me, unfortunately. Haven't the last several "director's series" just sort of fizzled? I'm not sure how many we're up to now or if any of them officially concluded.
"I see dudes using cotton gloves on prints that I know were printed while someone was drinking a beer or eating Cheetos, while water leaked from the ceiling. And I'm not even talking about my shop!" - alexfugazi
eraserhead

Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:47 pm

BC0120 wrote:
zombiejp wrote:Did anyone happen to make it to Audussey? Looked like it was pretty bananas. Wish I could have been there to snag something. Were those Mono slipmats I saw in the Instagram pic?
I got there at 10:50 am thinking that was a good time to get and and when I walked into the Highball, there was already 30 people there. It was fairly unorganized and men were shoving each other a bit (even moving over a lady). There were like 3 Drive vinyls, a handful of Jurassic Parks, and considered lucky if you got Guardians of the Galaxy . I saw one guy buy at least 10 Girl Walks Home vinyls. It wasn't too bad besides all the bearded boy/men pushing around :)
Wasn't able to get there till 11:30 unfortunately, but I saw quite a few Jurassic Parks there. Only one GotG though. Anyone know if they had Halloween slipmats? I asked and the guy said the only ones they had were the Mondo ones, but I couldn't get confirmation re: Halloween ones.
JasonA91
Art Connoisseur

Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:08 am

Prisco077 wrote:Anyone else notice that it doesn't seem to be holding the item in your cart for as long? I had the variant in my cart and when I went to pay I got kicked back to the inventory screen.
updated version of shopify. less cart hoarding.
agr719
Art Expert

Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:08 am

KSUvet wrote:Haven't the last several "director's series" just sort of fizzled? I'm not sure how many we're up to now or if any of them officially concluded.
The Paul Thomas Anderson one curated by Horkey is the most complete one that I remember; it helped that it was done all in one week. I think you could include "The Master" as an unofficial continuation of the series (just do something for "Inherent Vice" and it's done!).
mcnail wrote:Ha, EB, y'all crazy.
wonkabars7
Art Expert

Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:13 am

luls at some posts on this page...
dweebofthedead
Art Expert

Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:08 pm

BavarianErin
Art Expert

Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:10 pm

Wanty, want, wanterkins.
ImageImage
cutterbutter
Art Expert

Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:44 pm

Wonder if/when they'll move the steelbooks outside of just Canada orders? Looks nice.
zombiejp
Art Connoisseur

Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:58 pm

cutterbutter wrote:Wonder if/when they'll move the steelbooks outside of just Canada orders? Looks nice.
I saw on Instagram that someone asked about that and Mondo responded that they were trying to make it happen. I hope it happens soon too!
bdm105
Art Connoisseur

Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:51 pm

i would buy so many more blu-rays instead of being a swashbuckling seeder
PLUSH
Art Expert

Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:53 pm

zombiejp wrote:
cutterbutter wrote:Wonder if/when they'll move the steelbooks outside of just Canada orders? Looks nice.
I saw on Instagram that someone asked about that and Mondo responded that they were trying to make it happen. I hope it happens soon too!

I did and they did.