Mondo Poster News & Rumors

General art-related discussion.
MarcAspinall

Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:41 pm

allyouzombies wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:12 pm
Also noticed that the jpg today is slightly different than the one they posted yesterday.

Yesterday:
Today:

You kind of have to A/B it to notice, but it's most prominent on the smoke, and also on the brown in the title at the bottom.
Difference being final art and separated art screen print ready art; that I probably tidied up after the colours were broken up into layers. Smoke was super tricky; other areas too - it was last summer so don't remember exactly.
allyouzombies
Art Connoisseur

Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:04 pm

Gotcha, that makes sense. Love the print btw!
Kramerica
Art Freak

Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:43 pm

Great first post. Thanks for the info.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:11 pm

See, artists still check dis place. Btw, I copped. Think it's the best Lebowski poster in a long while.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
MarcAspinall

Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:55 am

For sure, I come in here from time to time. I'm not massively active in the poster scene - I'm too slow, and too self-critical an artist. I'm amazed to see the print listed as 8 colours; I sepped that out to 12! Screen printers are getting too good.

Should probably change that profile picture
mattkardish
Art Expert

Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:18 pm

Codeblue wrote:
See, artists still check dis place. Btw, I copped. Think it's the best Lebowski poster in a long while.
you buy art?
Sniffer85
Art Connoisseur

Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:22 pm

Love the poster, usual BS not shipping outside US
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:10 pm

mattkardish wrote: you buy art?
Duh.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
kansasbbq
Art God

Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:47 pm

Codeblue wrote:
Btw, I copped. Think it's the best Lebowski poster in a long while.
You just ruined the flip potential. Way to go.
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:55 am

You'll still be able to spring for the super size.
kansasbbq
Art God

Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:58 am

That's a relief.
mobius006
Art Freak

Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:43 pm

kansasbbq
Art God

Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:12 pm

Tim League Stepping Down as Drafthouse CEO

A major change at the Alamo Drafthouse has just been announced, as founder Tim League steps down as CEO to become executive chairman, and Shelli Taylor – a former executive at Disney, Starbucks, and United Planet Fitness Partners – becomes the new CEO.

The change in leadership comes as the theatre chain, with 41 locations nationally and six in the Austin area, is effectively shuttered due to the coronavirus pandemic, and is currently only offering virtual cinema screenings nationally and curbside food pickup at limited locations. However, in announcing Taylor's arrival, League stressed that the CEO search actually began six months ago, and that he was looking for someone "who could work as a partner and collaborator, with a strong voice and battle-tested leadership skills. Shelli Taylor brings that and more."

Taylor comes from a major corporate background, including 20 years at Starbucks overseeing the coffee chain's expansion in China, and two years as Vice President of Disney English China, the company's English-language learning division. In 2018, she moved to Austin to become president and COO of United PF Partners, the largest group of Planet Fitness franchisees.

Accepting the position, Taylor said, “I am incredibly honored and excited to assume the role of CEO at Alamo Drafthouse Cinema. Tim League and his talented team have built an unequaled cinema brand that is built on passion, innovation, and a local community mindset encompassing everything from food and drink to fantastic programming. I am committed to Alamo Drafthouse’s vision of sharing the films we love with the widest possible audience while offering the best moviegoing experience in the industry.”

Founded in 1997, the Drafthouse has become synonymous with League, with his fingerprints all over it (in the case of the original location in Austin on Colorado, quite literally, as he and his wife and cofounder Karrie did much of the construction work). This is League's second big shift in responsibilities in that time. In 2017, after allegations that Drafthouse management had mishandled sexual harassment allegations made by staff against customers, League moved away from day-to-day decision making, and took a more strategic role in the direction of the theatre chain. His new position as Executive Chairman will emphasize his board leadership position, as well as developing new creative initiatives for the Drafthouse, print company Mondo, and annual genre festival Fantastic Fest. He will also continue to take the lead on the Drafthouse's distinctive and signature programming and booking.

Commenting on his new post, League added, “Alamo Drafthouse is the only leadership role I’ve ever known. I am in awe of the depth and breadth of Shelli’s leadership and brand growth experience. I am excited to partner with her to rise from the current challenges that our industry faces and continue to drive towards our company vision, to be the best damn cinema that has ever or will ever exist.”
KingOfNothing
Art Connoisseur

Fri May 01, 2020 12:23 am

Things can only go down from here. And most likely will. I mean, seriously, the heyday of Mondo is already years behind us. With the talent pool sadly not getting any better, Mondo has been grasping at straws for a good while now.

I give it two years before Drafthouse is sold off or goes bankrupt. And Mondo is spun-off/sold too. All calamities due to this current situation in addition to an overall decline of the once great Mondo brand.
NEVER FORGET Image 02/14/14
Je préfère mourir sur mes pieds que de vivre à genoux
Woo5lscott
Art Expert

Fri May 01, 2020 11:38 am

We taking bets on how long they last? Lol