Mondo Poster News & Rumors

General art-related discussion.
captainhavoc
Art Expert

Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:15 am

brand new site, same old unfulfilled orders
Ayes wrote:Maybe all these dates who've been turning you down see you in your yard hurling cat food and blowing weed smoke at your neighbor's pets.
theperfecttree
EB Team

Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:18 pm

looks like there's a DROP tomorrow... I kind of like the countdown

ccsmd598
Art Expert

Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:03 pm

theperfecttree wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:18 pm
looks like there's a DROP tomorrow... I kind of like the fomo generator
fixed!
Ya'll see the leprechaun say yaaaaaa!
BENYOUNG20
Art Expert

Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:46 pm

Frozen II to start the Drop action....interested to see how this goes.
EgoDeath
Art Connoisseur

Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:46 pm

Huge edition, restricted shipping regions, lackluster sequel print that doesn't match the original print, this should be an easy get. I'm excited to see how many sheeple are slaves to Mondo though and buy it because they put a countdown timer on their page now.

I mean, its same as it ever was... calling it "The Drop" and having people chomping at the bit like it is a new experience is peak cringe.

ACCBiggz
Art Connoisseur

Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:56 pm

EgoDeath wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:46 pm
I'm excited to see how many sheeple are slaves to Mondo though and buy it because they put a countdown timer on their page now.
Or just buy it because, well, they like it.

I agree it should be an easy grab at that edition size, but the other stuff is really negligible overall I'd say. Sure it doesn't match, but it's not as if there's a small pool of collectors out there who still wouldn't like this one on its own. Popular franchise, popular artist... and not at the $100 price tag.
EgoDeath
Art Connoisseur

Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:02 pm

ACCBiggz wrote:
Of course! Didn't mean to leave that out. I'm sure people will enjoy this and it hits a certain segment of collectors, I'm just excited to see if it is an instant sell out, i.e. if their marketing scheme works. This is not an instant sell-out poster.

So, then if it doesn't sell out on "the DroP" page, it just falls to the posters page? Or it just falls to the front page after a few hours? Days? Why couldn't it have just gone to the front page in general? Doesn't it make more sense for a release to be on the front page of a website?

All I'm saying is stop wasting bingo bucks on website design and gimmick marketing and buy some new licenses and pump some creative direction back into your company.
jvwoodford
Art Connoisseur

Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:11 am

EgoDeath wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:02 pm
ACCBiggz wrote:
Of course! Didn't mean to leave that out. I'm sure people will enjoy this and it hits a certain segment of collectors, I'm just excited to see if it is an instant sell out, i.e. if their marketing scheme works. This is not an instant sell-out poster.

So, then if it doesn't sell out on "the DroP" page, it just falls to the posters page? Or it just falls to the front page after a few hours? Days? Why couldn't it have just gone to the front page in general? Doesn't it make more sense for a release to be on the front page of a website?

All I'm saying is stop wasting bingo bucks on website design and gimmick marketing and buy some new licenses and pump some creative direction back into your company.

Well said. The last thing they need is a refreshed website, it will be interesting to see if it sells out straight away.
dauster88
Art Enthusiast

Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:09 pm

the website refresh seems pretty weak for the effort. similar overall design/design, they just added a drop section and fixed some operational issues. super underwhelming drop to launch with as well.
ghornett
EB Trainee

Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:25 pm

i'm still missing older orders from my history.
agr719
Art Expert

Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:27 pm

I'm gonna try for Frozen II (even though we haven't seen it yet), mainly because I don't have the original and it will be a while before I do, but my daughter is completely obsessed with all things Frozen. So yes, this will be for her room if I score.

And we haven't seen it yet because she's 2 and a half, but we'll be rectifying that this weekend after the Disney Movie Club pre-order shows up. I'm aware of the mixed reception, but I know she's excited about it.
mcnail wrote:Ha, EB, y'all crazy.
rubberneck
Art God

Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:43 pm

agr719 wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:27 pm
I'm gonna try for Frozen II (even though we haven't seen it yet), mainly because I don't have the original and it will be a while before I do, but my daughter is completely obsessed with all things Frozen. So yes, this will be for her room if I score.

And we haven't seen it yet because she's 2 and a half, but we'll be rectifying that this weekend after the Disney Movie Club pre-order shows up. I'm aware of the mixed reception, but I know she's excited about it.
Both will have bright colors and appeal to young un's...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
EgoDeath
Art Connoisseur

Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:52 pm

dauster88 wrote:
the website refresh seems pretty weak for the effort. similar overall design/design, they just added a drop section and fixed some operational issues.
I think the operational issues is just flat rate shipping? So updated the shipping rates = nEw eXciTinG fEatTurEs.

And they still keep referring to "the dRoP!" as if it is some autonomous place in time and space not on their same website. It's a freaking collection page.

Its. The. Same. Thing.
jvwoodford
Art Connoisseur

Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:56 pm

It seems like the DROP is going to be reserved for the screen prints and then all the rest of their fluff stays on the front page. In doing this, to me at least they are sending the message that the bread and butter stock will no longer be their posters but all the aforementioned fluff. This is what I don't get: they are essentially putting LESS emphasis on their posters. If they really wanted to put more emphasis on them and bring back so many of their original fan base they would, as was previously mentioned; invest more in creative direction and interesting licences.
rubberneck
Art God

Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:56 pm

EgoDeath wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:52 pm
dauster88 wrote:
the website refresh seems pretty weak for the effort. similar overall design/design, they just added a drop section and fixed some operational issues.
I think the operational issues is just flat rate shipping? So updated the shipping rates = nEw eXciTinG fEatTurEs.

And they still keep referring to "the dRoP!" as if it is some autonomous place in time and space not on their same website. It's a freaking collection page.

Its. The. Same. Thing.
Shhhhh! It's gonna be aWeSomE!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"